Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:41:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NewEgg Giftcards 7% Off  (Read 1516 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Liberty Payout (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:59:51 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2013, 09:20:38 PM by Liberty Payout

Get any item on newegg whether it be fans, rigs, or chips at 5% off retail.

http://www.newegg.com

Current stock:

$250
$500
$1000

Escrow is accepted, and preferred! You can also find me on bitmit.

SO THERE IS NO NEED TO SPAM MY THREAD ABOUT "SCAM" Reports. They are all FALSE.

Accepted methods of payment:

Bitcoin, Liberty Reserve, Litecoin, and Moneypak.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:21:03 PM

Bumping this.
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:51:13 PM

Oh sweet lordy. With Intel's Haswell coming out soon, I'll be in need of a 4770k, Z87 motherboard and some ram. I will definitely be back.
ChanceCoats123

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:28:05 PM

Thanks for the heads up!  Shocked
quicklynx

Activity: 271

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:55:14 PM

I'm just trying to figure out how he can scam if using escrow.
Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 09:04:03 AM

I'm just trying to figure out how he can scam if using escrow.

I can't. Vdek is an upset, lying spammer.  Who is mad because his failed playmoney (CNC) is worth nothing now. It's not my job to refund because of that.
ChanceCoats123

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:55:39 PM

Would you be willing to agree that I order my products from Newegg before releasing escrow?

IE: Send coins to escrow for giftcard, code given to me, products ordered to ensure the funds are good, then escrow released.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:13:45 AM

Would you be willing to agree that I order my products from Newegg before releasing escrow?

IE: Send coins to escrow for giftcard, code given to me, products ordered to ensure the funds are good, then escrow released.

That is how escrow works anyway.
Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:08:15 AM

Escrow would check giftcard balance then release my funds and release your card.

https://secure.newegg.com/GiftCard/BalanceCheck.aspx
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 04:33:41 AM

Escrow would check giftcard balance then release my funds and release your card.

Couldn't you spend the card after the escrow is released, before the buyer gets to spend?  I think ChanceCoats123 method should be implemented, as it is the safest.  If you would be willing to go with his method, I would buy one of these.

ChanceCoats123

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:37:46 AM

I have seen it done differently, which is why I asked. Like when the escrow simply mediates and doesn't actually check the products.

To the OP, obviously one of the trusted escrow users wouldn't do anything with the funds, so I don't have a problem with them seeing the code. However giftcard balance, and completing purchases successfully are two different things all together. Once the order is made, then I can be sure the cards weren't funded from some questionable card or something that could potentially give me issues.

Either way, if you're will to work on my terms (and I would provide confirmation of my order to release escrow), then we could work out a deal once Haswell and the Z87 motherboards come out.
Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:29:26 PM

Couldn't you spend the card after the escrow is released, before the buyer gets to spend?  I think ChanceCoats123 method should be implemented, as it is the safest.  If you would be willing to go with his method, I would buy one of these.

You could spend the card and say, I spent it. So no, that would not work.
Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:33:38 PM

I have seen it done differently, which is why I asked. Like when the escrow simply mediates and doesn't actually check the products.

To the OP, obviously one of the trusted escrow users wouldn't do anything with the funds, so I don't have a problem with them seeing the code. However giftcard balance, and completing purchases successfully are two different things all together. Once the order is made, then I can be sure the cards weren't funded from some questionable card or something that could potentially give me issues.

Either way, if you're will to work on my terms (and I would provide confirmation of my order to release escrow), then we could work out a deal once Haswell and the Z87 motherboards come out.

The only way I'd be willing to do this is if the escrow placed the order for you. Via Teamviewer.
vdek

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:27:11 PM

He has paid me back so any issues we have had have been resolved.  He is in good standing at the moment.
ChanceCoats123

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:46:37 AM

The only way I'd be willing to do this is if the escrow placed the order for you. Via Teamviewer.

The escrow would then need my personal information... I already said that I would be posting the invoice as proof of my receiving the giftcard in good standing. I have done plenty of transactions on here, and I actually need the computer hardware when it comes out. My options would be: Buy it for 100% of the cost with USD, or buy it for 93% of the cost with BTC and a giftcard. I'm saving plenty of money already, so there is no reason for me to ruin my name (especially since I have another account under this name at a different forum with over 8,000 posts) and my Heatware feedback.

If suppose if we MUST do it over teamviewer (which I've never used before), then I could work it out with the escrow to order the parts and ship to my house instead.
Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:23:46 AM

The escrow would then need my personal information... I already said that I would be posting the invoice as proof of my receiving the giftcard in good standing. I have done plenty of transactions on here, and I actually need the computer hardware when it comes out. My options would be: Buy it for 100% of the cost with USD, or buy it for 93% of the cost with BTC and a giftcard. I'm saving plenty of money already, so there is no reason for me to ruin my name (especially since I have another account under this name at a different forum with over 8,000 posts) and my Heatware feedback.

If suppose if we MUST do it over teamviewer (which I've never used before), then I could work it out with the escrow to order the parts and ship to my house instead.

If you're willing to trust the escrow with the funds you should be willing to trust the escrow with your home address. I've stated my terms and am uninterested in negotiation.
ChanceCoats123

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:53:53 PM

Would you at least be willing then to say how the cards were funded?
Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:57:39 AM

Would you at least be willing then to say how the cards were funded?

Through credit card, how else would you purchase a giftcard for a store only available online?
ChanceCoats123

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:39:13 AM

Is it your credit card? Pardon me if I'm being dense, but I just want to make sure the cards were funded from a legit source.
Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:24:04 AM

Is it your credit card? Pardon me if I'm being dense, but I just want to make sure the cards were funded from a legit source.

Yes, it is in fact my credit card. Instead of looking for ways you could cash them out as quickly as possible, you should have asked that  question from the jump; "Are these cards legitimate?".
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: