Bitcoin Forum
December 14, 2017, 12:44:54 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you work?  (Read 5404 times)
rremus91

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:07:49 PM

People who I know and are involved in crypto currencies, whether they are trading or just buying and holding or mining, 100% they are software engineers like myself. For me the terms encoding, encryption or hashing are terms that I can easily understand. What about non-tech guys? What do you understand by blockchains, hashing functions or bitcoin network as itself. Git? Open-Source? What about BIPs? Segwit?

Actually, I know one guy who is a banker and owns an exchange platform, but he understand all the concept and theories about the crypto world without having knowledge in computer science.

Does it really matter to know all these things to be a good trader?

So, what do you work?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cointabo

Activity: 415

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:42:15 AM

People who I know and are involved in crypto currencies, whether they are trading or just buying and holding or mining, 100% they are software engineers like myself. For me the terms encoding, encryption or hashing are terms that I can easily understand. What about non-tech guys? What do you understand by blockchains, hashing functions or bitcoin network as itself. Git? Open-Source? What about BIPs? Segwit?

Actually, I know one guy who is a banker and owns an exchange platform, but he understand all the concept and theories about the crypto world without having knowledge in computer science.

So, what do you work?

One would certainly have edge over the rest if he knows these terms and actually digs the technical background of the project(s) but these aren't compulsory for trading / making informative investment decisions. I trade shitcoins for a living.
mjglqw

Activity: 420

🔒CryptoSec

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:49:08 PM

In being a good trader, I think it's more of knowing how to handle your emotions and being patient than having a computer engineering degree, and ofcourse, doing alot of research. Based on the cryptocurrency charts though, heck, you may be even as dumb as a rock, but if you bought cryptocurrencies last year you would make alot of profit. That's why the patience part is very important. Most people over analyze stuff, then sell immediately when a cryptocurrency dips in price. Which is pretty much the complete opposite of the basic rule: "buy low, sell high".

Shutup

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:12:49 PM

So, what do you work?
Yes I actually helps to be a trader at cryptos if you jave knowledge about this.But even me I dont know about this.I just read on the post how to earn how to earn bitcoin.And the people earnkng bitcoin is easily get into a rich status of life because they give thwir life as a fulltime job here and trade it for a fast progresive of their lives..

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Jay2408

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:22:39 PM

In being a good trader, I think it's more of knowing how to handle your emotions and being patient than having a computer engineering degree, and ofcourse, doing alot of research. Based on the cryptocurrency charts though, heck, you may be even as dumb as a rock, but if you bought cryptocurrencies last year you would make alot of profit. That's why the patience part is very important. Most people over analyze stuff, then sell immediately when a cryptocurrency dips in price. Which is pretty much the complete opposite of the basic rule: "buy low, sell high".

I totally agree. Although it's of course an advantage to understand all this technical stuff certain characteristicss are much more important for being a good trader. Patience, coolness, not getting manipulated, being willing to research and learn, etc. And sometimes have the right touch for a good coin.
I'm neither a trader nor do I understand all this technical stuff but even I noob have already made some of money with buying and selling coins.

dimonstration

Activity: 528

INS Ecosystem

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:14:16 PM

I totally agree. Although it's of course an advantage to understand all this technical stuff certain characteristicss are much more important for being a good trader. Patience, coolness, not getting manipulated, being willing to research and learn, etc. And sometimes have the right touch for a good coin.
I'm neither a trader nor do I understand all this technical stuff but even I noob have already made some of money with buying and selling coins.
And one of attitude as a good trader accepting its lost and learn to start again. Cause you never be a trader if you never failed. Failure is the best lesson. Acceptance and patience of it. Knowledge also important.

███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █

█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
●  Whitepaper
●  ANN Thread
●  Reddit
●  Telegram
●  Twitter
●  Facebook

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
omonuyak

Activity: 266

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:39:57 PM

I think we do need mush effort to lean how to trade cryptocurrency successfully. We also need to  work hard in mining and others skills needed to mining bitcoin. For cryptocurrency programme or other technical aspects of cryptocurrency one will need to be educated on that as it is not the games of skills but of knowledge and understanding.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀ ▄  ▄ ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀ ▄▄████  ████▄▄ ▀▀██▄
▄██▀ ▄███████    ███████▄ ▀██▄
██▀ ▄████████▀    ▀████████▄ ▀██
██▀ ██████████      ██████████ ▀██
██▀ ██████████        ██████████ ▀██
▄██                                ██▄
██ ▄                              ▄ ██
██ ███▄                        ▄███ ██
██ ██████▄                  ▄██████ ██
██ ▀████████              ████████▀ ██
▀██ ███████                ███████ ██▀
██▄ █████▀                ▀█████ ▄██
██▄ ████        ▄▄        ████ ▄██
██▄ ▀█      ▄▄████▄▄      █▀ ▄██
██▄    ▄▄██████████▄▄    ▄██▀
▀██▄▄ ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

[    ]
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 910

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:23:14 PM

I actually lies under this category, I am a food technologist but I am making good bucks by trading bitcoin and other cryptos. I know most of the stuffs behind crypto both technical and financial. I have even seen few of my friends who have completed their degree in computer science but they don't know even the word bitcoin and blockchain at all. LOL  Grin

To be a good crypto trader I don't think you need to know all the technical details behind crypto and definitely it is not mandatory to have knowledge in computer science.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀ ▄  ▄ ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀ ▄▄████  ████▄▄ ▀▀██▄
▄██▀ ▄███████    ███████▄ ▀██▄
██▀ ▄████████▀    ▀████████▄ ▀██
██▀ ██████████      ██████████ ▀██
██▀ ██████████        ██████████ ▀██
▄██                                ██▄
██ ▄                              ▄ ██
██ ███▄                        ▄███ ██
██ ██████▄                  ▄██████ ██
██ ▀████████              ████████▀ ██
▀██ ███████                ███████ ██▀
██▄ █████▀                ▀█████ ▄██
██▄ ████        ▄▄        ████ ▄██
██▄ ▀█      ▄▄████▄▄      █▀ ▄██
██▄    ▄▄██████████▄▄    ▄██▀
▀██▄▄ ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

[    ]
DaMut

Activity: 406

[I] [<][3] [Y][O][U]

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:06:16 PM

actually if someone wanted to become a trader in cryptocurrency at least they must know a little bit about technology(Crypto tech absolutely).
so far,i never encounter someone like that(someone who's doing trading and didn't anything about crypto at all).
Lets take some case :
based on your comment,you said you knew someone who is the banker and he knew about it.
he's a banker,and i am sure he don't have a knowledge in engineering like you or other people.But because he's a banker ,he know if he wanted to invest something he need to know how it works and absolutely nobody will buy something in the sack without knowing what is it.

so,of course if you want to become a good trader you should know a little bit about what you're trading for and what is the advantage or the disadvantage

PS : Of course,if he/she is trying to invest in cryptocurrency.
      But if he/she want to invest in forex they should need a knowledge about the economy for sure.

Gotottack

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:09:57 PM

So, what do you work?

The question is still hard to understand to be honest. It doesn't really make sense to ask it.

Just from what you have said, I would say that the basics of all of the concepts you have mentions are not that hard to grasp even without knowledge of computer science. I would say that with enough dedication or just getting used to them, anyone can understand everything about bitcoins and cryptocurrencies.

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
,CoinPayments,
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
JPMoron

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:15:18 PM

Not necessary to ask it,
And it is not important to be devs or not.

If you believe the world would go here,
Just come and lets use it.
Read a lots and to the moooooooon
Dullmartini

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:13:11 PM

I think it helps to have a tech background. I'm not a techie and I had a very steep learning curve when I decided to get into crypto trading. And I'm still learning as much as possible before i invest in any coin or project.

That being said, my background is in the financial services sector so I know about trading, securities, markets etc. That's also important to be successful so if you're a techie who wants to get into crypto then you have to learn that.

▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ AMLT by Coinfirm ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ The Token of Compliance ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▖▖▖▖▖▙▗▗▗ Facebook   ❱ ❱  Twitter   ❱ ❰  Telegram▖▖▖▟▗▗▗▗▗
BitMaxz

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:37:22 PM

I think you don't need to learn or study computer science because i never study about computer science and i am just a high school graduated i just found bitcoin when i was looking for an extra income and found bitcoin and learn first how bitcoin works and claiming free bitcoins from faucet until i invest in ponzi site that actually one of the way to found this forum and learn a lot about bitcoin one is trading i was really want to learn about trading before and found some other ebooks before about trading and learn some advice from other members here and i try to invest in altcoin and try to trade.
You will not learn if you don't try and error its just like a program that you need to test before you learn you will learn from you mistakes first until you will know how trading works..

Casdinyard

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:04:41 AM

So, what do you work?

The question is still hard to understand to be honest. It doesn't really make sense to ask it.

Just from what you have said, I would say that the basics of all of the concepts you have mentions are not that hard to grasp even without knowledge of computer science. I would say that with enough dedication or just getting used to them, anyone can understand everything about bitcoins and cryptocurrencies.

So true.
Even you're not a tech geek here as long as you understand the basics, you can read with comprehension and you really want to learn the crypto currency this will be all fine. Of course, at first, reading terminologies that you first encounter are really hard, so search it in google then study and analyze it.
To make this short, as long as you want to learn something, your eagerness to learn will drives you to discover new things even if its not your cup of tea.

asadul

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:37:25 AM

I am new and new students but Bitcoin has invested a lot of money trading with Bitcoin and if you know English well then hopefully it is possible to earn good.
Jombitt

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:44:28 AM

So, what do you work?

having a wide knowledge  in bitcoin is an advantage but not necessary in trading. I just know the basic rules and having a bit of knowledge is i think a good to go. Being cool tempered, not panic easily,not manipulated,with lucky hands are the good or nice formula for trading

mrcash02

Activity: 714

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:44:58 AM

To be a trader you don't need to know the technical aspects of Crypto-Currency, it's adviced to know economics subject and/or a trading course to learn how to do it. But I know some people don't know anything about it and everything about trading they learned was practicing. But if you are a developer you should know all the details about Crypto-Currency technical aspects.

hajimasan

Activity: 588

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:54:30 AM

So, what do you work?
Here i myself is a student who is getting education in the master of science in physics . In the starting everything was totally strange and irrigation system for me to understand segwit , hash , technology behind coins because all these were like a system where nothing was simple for me to understand , but when I get in touch with the technical articles in the Google then finally i cames to know thst what are all things and what i need to know .
Here in my opinion it is regardless for a trader to have knowledge about the technology of hash or cryptocurrency behind concept .
It is enough to understand that thier are many only written data which are known as coin and most successful and first time came in the internet was bitcoin .
And in this way everyone can make knowledge and how to handle the trading perfectly is enough because all depends upon the prediction of the market not to understand the technology and logics of the coins .

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █               
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Beerwizzard

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:14:49 AM

What about non-tech guys? What do you understand by blockchains, hashing functions or bitcoin network as itself. Git? Open-Source? What about BIPs? Segwit?
Are you sure they should understand something? IMHO Soma basic knowledge should be enough to use crypto. Tech part should be left to experts and afterwards their view should be translated to the "normal language" buy journalits, blogers etc. so common users could understand what is going on. The same thing is happening with fiat money, you shouldn't be a financial expert to use it and to decide how to keep your savings.

pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 1120

Buy bitcoin they said... who listened?

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:21:20 AM

it depends on what you want to do in my opinion.
for someone to just become a trader, a holder, or simply to use bitcoin as a currency; you don't need to know the technical stuff such as hashing, BIPs, and all that you mentioned in your question.
although it is best to have a little knowledge in these matters. and that can simply be gained by reading a couple of articles online such as reading coindesk's articles for beginners on how bitcoin works. you know, to get the general knowledge about bitcoin and how it works.

so no it doesn't matter for most people to know this.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.