Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2017, 01:17:46 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you work?  (Read 5393 times)
willnotwas

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:55:40 PM

People who I know and are involved in crypto currencies, whether they are trading or just buying and holding or mining, 100% they are software engineers like myself. For me the terms encoding, encryption or hashing are terms that I can easily understand. What about non-tech guys? What do you understand by blockchains, hashing functions or bitcoin network as itself. Git? Open-Source? What about BIPs? Segwit?

Actually, I know one guy who is a banker and owns an exchange platform, but he understand all the concept and theories about the crypto world without having knowledge in computer science.

Does it really matter to know all these things to be a good trader?

So, what do you work?

I'm a business analyst. There is one familiar lawyer, motion design, fitness trainer). We are not engaged in programming. And hash functions have not been studied. But it does not prevent to understand what benefit in everyday life gives bitcoin and what difficulties it involves.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eternu

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:07:55 PM

I am working as Security Officer, that is my main job. I consider bitcoin as my secondary, because it provide lesser than my main job, but still i earn nice sum of money from it. I think that it does not matter what you do in life, if someone is interested in bitcoin he or she can learn everything there is to know about bitcoin. So for example, I learned about bitcoin few years back, when i decided to deal with bitcoin I learned everything i need to know before start. It took me sometime, few days maybe. But it is not impossible, everyone can understand what bitcoin is and how it works.
Colt81

Activity: 224

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:18:29 PM

People who I know and are involved in crypto currencies, whether they are trading or just buying and holding or mining, 100% they are software engineers like myself. For me the terms encoding, encryption or hashing are terms that I can easily understand. What about non-tech guys? What do you understand by blockchains, hashing functions or bitcoin network as itself. Git? Open-Source? What about BIPs? Segwit?

Actually, I know one guy who is a banker and owns an exchange platform, but he understand all the concept and theories about the crypto world without having knowledge in computer science.

So, what do you work?

having a wide knowledge  in bitcoin is an advantage but not necessary in trading. I just know the basic rules and having a bit of knowledge is i think a good to go. Being cool tempered, not panic easily,not manipulated,with lucky hands are the good or nice formula for trading
Actually, having a lot of knowledge will help you to become good trader. Being a good trader will help you to gain and make income. In addition to that, you should get more knowledge and information about bitcoin and about cryptocurrency if you want to become good trader.

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
haroldtee

Activity: 210

Democratizing Global Trade - ICO NOW LIVE

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:25:58 PM

It totally depends on each individual and their ability to grasp even the little things outside their field. I have seen many people on this forum who never bothered to know what the whole blockchain technology entails but just have the belief that they are in the right place. However, it is not really a must to know all these before they can trade. As long as they understand the basics, that is all it takes.

Panah Arjuna

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:16:31 PM

Actually if someone wants to be a crypto trader at least they should know a little bit about technology.
So far, I've never come across someone like that.
You say that you know someone who is a banker and he knows about it.
he's a banker, and I'm sure he has no knowledge in engineering like you or anyone else.
But since he's a banker, he knows if he wants to invest something he needs to know how it works and absolutely no one will buy something in the sack without knowing what it is.
So, of course if you want to be a good trader, you should know little about what you are trading and what are the advantages or disadvantages.
Everyone will surely have advantages over others, And if he knows these requirements and really digs the technical background of the project, but this is not required to trade / make informed investment decisions.
Zongxian

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:42:11 PM

I work at a IT company that makes websites for client and that is also the place where i learned all my bitcoin knowledge from i started working there in september 2017 that is like a month from now and i already made a lot of BTC.
Shreek

Activity: 112

“Augmented Reality World Discovered”

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:00:42 PM

I say that you do not have to worry because you can not get a computer, but all you have to worry about is you worry because you can not understand crypto currency, because computer learning can be understood when you want to understand crypto currency, at least you have basic ,, I do not have basic IT but because I want to learn crypto so that force me to understand IT ,, even though successful traders initially many of the layman of technology,

Naughty Princess

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:03:31 PM

I'm a student so I think the opinions on "working" while studying may vary Roll Eyes
Being a student doesnot restrict you from earning. You lack some sense of responsibility. For how long do you plan to depend up on your parents for your college expenses and other stuff? I am also a student but I am making bitcoins. Does that make me out of the league? Obviously not.

Right. Bitcoin can really help students to earn and support own expenses in school. It will not affect the study but instead it will help you to manage your time properly. I am also a student and through earning bitcoin I can provide my own things that can be used for the study without depending from my parents.

CΛVIΛR       CRYPTO & REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT FUND DIVERSIFICATION & CROWDFUNDING
[ PRE-ICORunning Now!! ]     [     ICO    ▶  December 12th ]

▐ ██ ███ ████            TWITTER        ●        TELEGRAM        ●        REDDIT            ████ ███ ██ ▌
cryp24x

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:04:57 PM

Actually if someone wants to be a crypto trader at least they should know a little bit about technology.
So far, I've never come across someone like that.
You say that you know someone who is a banker and he knows about it.
he's a banker, and I'm sure he has no knowledge in engineering like you or anyone else.
But since he's a banker, he knows if he wants to invest something he needs to know how it works and absolutely no one will buy something in the sack without knowing what it is.
So, of course if you want to be a good trader, you should know little about what you are trading and what are the advantages or disadvantages.
Everyone will surely have advantages over others, And if he knows these requirements and really digs the technical background of the project, but this is not required to trade / make informed investment decisions.

I think a trader should know what he is trading.  Information today is just a click away.  But a trader should know the right facts and separate it from rumors and hearsay.  I do not think a trader should be knowledgeable about codes of cryptocurrency,  a basic of how to transact, protect and send his holdings is enough.  What a trader needs is a vast knowledge about competition and current event of all his holdings so that he can adjust on a timely basis.
francesyrus

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:28:13 PM

So, what do you work?

It is a big advantages if you have studied or have background on a certain field. Like me, I understand some term in cryptoworld because I graduated a vocational course (computer science). But still I read alot information about cryptocurrency to be not left behind. Of course I think you must have some knowledge on how to trade to be a successful trader.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
Anfisman

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:03:17 PM

So, what do you work?

I think to be a trading person we must have a trading plan.
A new trader would not have to look far to come across the well-known saying, “Plan your trade and trade your plan.”
Plan your trade. is accomplished through a trading plan A written set of rules that defines entry, exit and money management criteria. Good trading plans often are based on experience or market observations and developed through research and exhaustive testing. Often, invalid trades are the result of our emotions: Fear, greed, impatience, overconfidence, etc. Other times, they stem from our mistakes, or pilot error as it is often called. Trading your plan is not as easy as it sounds, and most traders must work hard to develop the necessary skills over time. Consistently following the rules of an effective trading plan is part of what allows a trading business to make money over time.
romeitaly

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:20:44 PM

So, what do you work?
I really don't think so, but as you trade more here in bitcoin, you know more about it. So while you are trading you become a good trader. Of course at first you may not know all the things stated there but it is important that you know the core element. In my case, I really am not knowledgeable enough because I have not tried yet some deeper ways to earn bitcoins.

slyfox

Activity: 84

Veritas Mining - Sustainable Crypto Mining

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:30:00 PM

So, what do you work?
My job is related to technology as well, and I think it makes sense, since bitcoin is a technology that is very advanced so the first to adopt it are going to be people that are in that medium, the average people are going to adopt bitcoin much later.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:46:26 PM

I don't think occupation matters when it comes to cryptos. I've seen people from different backgrounds getting involved and this thread only proves that we have a great mixture here. Obviously IT people should be the largest group, simply because they are the first to stumble upon new technologies, startups, and so on, so they were the first to hear about BTC and the first getting in. I've been switching jobs all my life and learning new things as I go, currently working in construction.

bling-bling

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:54:08 PM

So, what do you work?

One must have the initiative to conduct his own research regarding whatever he would want to venture in. Majority of employees are actually misfits in their jobs. The techy world is actually not so techy if we are willing to learn. All we need is a good attitude towards our learnings and knowledge will eventualy come...

C
What is C?
Lancelot04

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:04:23 AM

If you want to have many ways to trade, then yes, but for me I only do basics, and it gave me some profit.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

momopi

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:12:26 AM

So, what do you work?

good for you guys if you have background with this kind of field Smiley it's advantage for you as a software engineer. My friend introduced this bitcoin and crypto and it's very far from my profession, I work as a Clinical Researcher, so basically we are the ones who are responsible for drug study in a group of people before big pharma companies sell it to the market. Obviously I can't apply this profession but I enjoy this and I am trying to learn more with crypto

DewiKirana

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:17:13 AM

Knowledge is not necessarily controlled if you want to be a good trader, but at least must understand the concept. It would be better to master and understand the knowledge.
I work in the office as an accountant.

▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ AMLT by Coinfirm ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ The Token of Compliance ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▖▖▖▖▖▙▗▗▗ Facebook   ❱ ❱  Twitter   ❱ ❰  Telegram▖▖▖▟▗▗▗▗▗
Brama Jasa

Activity: 224

i want to be bounty manager

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:23:30 AM

I am working as Security Officer, that is my main job. I consider bitcoin as my secondary, because it provide lesser than my main job, but still i earn nice sum of money from it. I think that it does not matter what you do in life, if someone is interested in bitcoin he or she can learn everything there is to know about bitcoin. So for example, I learned about bitcoin few years back, when i decided to deal with bitcoin I learned everything i need to know before start. It took me sometime, few days maybe. But it is not impossible, everyone can understand what bitcoin is and how it works.

me too, bitcoin is secondary work for me now.. now i working as teacher in vocational high school.,, ..but bitcoin give more , maybe in the next few months I will stop being a teacher,

bitcoin will be my priority

B E L U G A  P A Y  || The first Complete Mobile POS System || [ ICO 1st Dec 2017 ]
     Visa & Mastercard Certified     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Medium
Razerglass

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:28:16 AM

me too, bitcoin is secondary work for me now.. now i working as teacher in vocational high school.,, ..but bitcoin give more , maybe in the next few months I will stop being a teacher,

bitcoin will be my priority

What do you mean with saying "as main job"? Are you trader or investor? You should have proven results before changing your profession.

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀