Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:48:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Artbyte PC Wallet: Trojan?  (Read 293 times)
DutchFinity (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:34:05 PM

I just tried to download the PC Artbyte wallet and got a message as below. Anyone having thoughts about this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 07:16:59 PM

I just tried to download the PC Artbyte wallet and got a message as below. Anyone having thoughts about this?

I am the founder of ArtByte, we just tested both the MAC & PC wallet last week. On the PC (Win 10) Windows defender saw no viruses. No problems on Mac Sierra either.

Can you please message me the link to the service you used that shows problems.

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:40:58 AM

Make sure that you download the client from the official website.

artbyte.me

This may well be a false positive, we've seen these before. I will install one of the AV solutions that take offence and see what triggers them and what we need to do, we may need to submit a report to the AV company to get whitelisted.

DutchFinity (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:44:37 PM

Thank you for your replies.

I downloaded the program from the original website.

I use Windows 7.

The service I use is the free antivirus program 360 Total Security. http://www.360totalsecurity.com

I have encountered 'false positives' before and suspected this to be the case. I just wanted to see if anybody would give me a serious warning or a reassurance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: