Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:41:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOPE] Dopecoin Speculation - getting in before takeoff?  (Read 1094 times)
Immy7 (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:02:58 AM

I've been browsing these threads for a couple weeks now and looking into cryptocurrencies. Alongside the obvious investments in ETH etc. I'm trying to spot that coin with explosive growth. I'm seeing that DOPE is up 250% today https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dopecoin/ and the developer sharing that new investors are on board and an imminent big announcement to come. Is it fair to think that a coin with a $4M market cap can double or triple or even 10X? Or are coins like this limited because they are more focused on a specific target market as opposed to having utility across a wide range of industries?

Interested to hear your thoughts! Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fantum

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:05:55 AM

Some people believe that none of these marijuana coins will actually be used in markets much. "stoners don't use crypto" and such things. I like dopecoin, a good vision. One of the closer ones to actually being used. It has a small coin supply so I invested when it was 150 sats. Too bad I sold most of it during the last small pump to invest in others. Dope coin is a good long hold, it could go to many 1000s of sats. The marijuana market is specific but huge and growing to the trillions, and the banks don't want to accept their drug money (only the pharma money), so it makes sense for crypto to be involved. Thing is I think people treat all the weed coins as pump and dump.  It will take some time, maybe years before crypto is really accepted in the weed industry. Or maybe people are starting to realize dopecoin is going places and starting to invest for the long haul.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:30:34 AM

Some people believe that none of these marijuana coins will actually be used in markets much. "stoners don't use crypto" and such things. I like dopecoin, a good vision. One of the closer ones to actually being used. It has a small coin supply so I invested when it was 150 sats. Too bad I sold most of it during the last small pump to invest in others. Dope coin is a good long hold, it could go to many 1000s of sats. The marijuana market is specific but huge and growing to the trillions, and the banks don't want to accept their drug money (only the pharma money), so it makes sense for crypto to be involved. Thing is I think people treat all the weed coins as pump and dump.  It will take some time, maybe years before crypto is really accepted in the weed industry. Or maybe people are starting to realize dopecoin is going places and starting to invest for the long haul.

The idea of a dildocoin to use for the dildo market is old, and failed many times already with Sexcoin and many others that served only for pump and dump.

People won't use Marijuana or Dope or whatever coin to actually buy drugs and other things, they will use the most stabilized cryptos or any other form of money.

Use drug coins would be a flag, in fact.

briere48

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:49:16 PM

Allegedly there is some big news coming out this week that the dev team is releasing new developments for an advertising platform for dope coin. Among other various updates as well. One to keep an eye. https://twitter.com/DopeCoinGold/status/894571371921100800

currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 06:33:15 PM

The idea of a dildocoin to use for the dildo market is old, and failed many times already with Sexcoin and many others that served only for pump and dump.

People won't use Marijuana or Dope or whatever coin to actually buy drugs and other things, they will use the most stabilized cryptos or any other form of money.

Use drug coins would be a flag, in fact.

Totally right.

The only use I see for Dopecoin/Potcoin/whatever is they can act as trusted sidechains, so faster transactions.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: