Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:10:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] MINERVA (OWL) 🦉 Smart Money on 💎 Ethereum  (Read 53890 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AlexSimion

Activity: 1078
Merit: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:53:15 PM

Reserved

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bumblebee24

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

www.valuebetting.org

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 01:43:40 AM

So its seems like its a US based company, that's not allowing US citizens to partake? Meaning no plans to working with SEC?
MinervaKevin

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:09:20 AM

So its seems like its a US based company, that's not allowing US citizens to partake? Meaning no plans to working with SEC?
The parent entity is based in Luxembourg.
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:52:35 AM

nice domain name..
str4wm4n (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:08:51 PM

The parent entity is based in Luxembourg.

Confirming 'MinervaKevin' is the real Founder/CEO account.
MBworld

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:24:24 AM

Reserving Hindi Translation in case needed , Pls PM
MinervaPaul

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:35:51 AM

United States Participation is prohibited.

Fuck this shit.

Fuck the SEC - if you're going to come in and scare everyone at least have your shit together and put actual rules in place so these ICO's can get registered as securities.

I am not prohibited from participating - the *ICO* is supposed to register their shit.

As it stands, the SEC has not fully scoped the whole idea of the cryptocurrency and the blockchain world in general. We're playing by the rules and being as transparent as possible. We have a lawyer on our team who is a former SEC employee. We are going to take all the necessary steps and actions needed to remain not only authentic, but also transparent and legitimate. Before and after the crowdsale.
andro hac

Activity: 574
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:32:12 AM

added to bookmark.the expected bounty program . by the way, nice name of the project  Grin
MinervaKevin

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:26:04 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 02:42:00 AM by MinervaKevin

added to bookmark.the expected bounty program . by the way, nice name of the project  Grin
Just to clarify the only bounties we are doing are bug bounties. We will be releasing source code shortly.

The bug bounty program is covered in detail on pages 14 and 15 of the whitepaper: https://minerva.com/minervawhitepaper.pdf

We've also translated the website and whitepaper to CN/RU/KR and will be putting them online very soon.
MinervaKevin

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:04:45 PM

We have been featured on ETHNews https://www.ethnews.com/minerva-will-distribute-owl-to-merchants-as-a-reward-for-accepting-the-tokens-as-payment

We were also mentioned in Forbes. If any journalists or content creators with a lot of eyeballs would like to cover us please contact kevin[_at_]minerva[_._]com and we will spend time answering your questions.
egetrorx

Activity: 700
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 11:50:49 AM

reserving croatian translation

ICOHunt

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 03:41:38 PM

What are the dates of the pre-sale?
MinervaKevin

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:07:42 PM

reserving croatian translation
We are only doing bug bounties. Page 14 and 15 in the whitepaper https://minerva.com/whitepaper.pdf
MinervaKevin

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:29:56 PM

What are the dates of the pre-sale?
To be determined. Join the mailing list at https://minerva.com for real-time updates.
MinervaKevin

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:46:32 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2017, 12:27:05 AM by MinervaKevin

Quick technical explanation of the reverse transaction fee system and proposed ICO mechanics from the telegram chat:

Danny, [20.08.17 19:29]
Hello all I have some questions

Do will you release coins across the time or in other words it will be a limited amount of coins?

How could you earn money paying fees for transactions (I cant understand this)

Kevin, [20.08.17 19:38]
[In reply to Danny]
New tokens are created when OWL is spent but only on approved platforms and at a variable rate. This is the reverse transaction fee. It can be anywhere from 0% to 10% at the moment. If it is set to 5% and a user spends $100 in owls, the platform receives $105 and doesn't pay any transaction fees. So if they pay 3% transaction fees usually, and 5% of their income is chargebacks, they effectively receive $113.

This gives the approved platform/merchant excess revenue to be flexible with giving the OWL user discounts. Minerva earns money by taking a small portion of the bonus reverse transaction fee rate for operational expenses.

Kevin, [20.08.17 19:40]
If the price is very stable the reverse transaction fee is 0%. If the markets start moving in typical crypto sense, which they likely will, regardless of our stabilization mechanisms, the reverse transaction fee will become positive again. It can never be negative.

Kevin, [20.08.17 19:41]
This is all explained in great detail in the whitepaper and we invite accredited accomists to try to shoot holes in it if they are able.

Danny, [20.08.17 19:42]
Great... what will be the launch price of each token?

Kevin, [20.08.17 19:43]
Auction model. We won't be burning OWL tokens, at least for now. There will likely be a hard cap. For example if the hard cap was $35MM and it were reached the effective price would be roughly $0.466 per OWL

Kevin, [20.08.17 19:43]
Though this may vary for pre-ico participants

If you haven't joined our telegram you may do so @ https://minerva.com/chat but we can also answer questions here. Post them if you have any.

We also just dropped a press release on NewsBTC: http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/08/20/minerva-owl-a-new-currency-developed-on-ethereum-aims-to-disrupt-commerce-by-paying-out-reverse-transaction-fees/
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:06:43 AM

Would help to know if there are bounties for translation. I would reserve Romanian ann.
gliridian

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:14:29 AM

Hi I reserve for Filipino translation. Here are some samples of my previous works.

Rankine - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2083881
Sojourn - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2106735

Thank you for considering me.
si bungsu

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:22:16 AM

Look promising project, i will follow on thread about this project.
Thank for the information good luck dev and team.
vks_6

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:45:09 AM

How are you different from METAL (MTL). They are working on Proof-of-Transactions as well. Rather than comparing yourself with bitcoin you should show how you're better than your competition instead.
Also, how soon will you be launching your product(BETA)?
MinervaKevin

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:08:27 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2017, 06:54:23 PM by MinervaKevin

Quote from: vks_6
How are you different from METAL (MTL). They are working on Proof-of-Transactions as well.
Thank you for reaching out. I see that your last post was in 2014. We must have piqued your curiosity.

METAL is interesting. I will be following their progress. They seem to have an accredited team. I haven't looked into this project until today. Based on what I've gathered from their whitepaper here are some things that set us apart:

1. We're not a fiat:fiat payment system. The Owl of Minerva is a cryptocurrency and Minerva is a platform built predominately with smart contracts.
2. Minerva does not require social security numbers.
3. METAL merchants appear to pay transaction fees. Our approved merchants do not. In fact, we aim to pay transaction fees to them. It also appears that METAL merchants must purchase MTL to receive benefits. I don't see how this incentivizes "brick and mortar" businesses to accept cryptocurrency as described as one of their adoption goals in their whitepaper.
4. METAL doesn't appear to have a security-forward community bug bounty program potentially leaving them vulnerable to competent hackers.
5. The whitepaper mentions "Metal will partner with an over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives dealer in order to manage currency volatility." In terms of volatility, Minerva has incentivized mechanisms to address excessively violent short-term fluctuations. METAL mentions that volatility management is accomplished through an unspecified OTC derivatives dealer. I don't know why such a dealer would exist, which brings me to
6. According to our economic advisor, a PhD economist with 20 years of experience METAL appears to be, and I'm wording this as politely as possible because there is another term for it, unsustainable.

I would like clarification on #6 and have reached out to their CEO on Skype. If this is not the case, I will revise this post. However, if their reward rate is set to a static 5% and cannot ever reach 0%, as is not the case with Minerva, it appears reward loops, or at least value depreciation, is inevitable, and I don't envision OTC derivatives dealers taking interest and question the longevity of the project. However, METAL is optimistic and has beautiful aesthetic presentation. We wish them great success. If they would like to clarify anything I may have gotten wrong in this post, or if they need help with anything the Minerva team will make itself available to provide assistance as time permits.

you should show how you're better than your competition instead.
That shouldn't be a problem.

Also, how soon will you be launching your product(BETA)?
The Temple of Minerva wasn't built in a day, but the speed at which our programmers knock out complex software is almost otherworldly. For updates join the mailing list @ https://minerva.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: