Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 01:12:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Declaring over $10k worth of cryptocurrency when flying  (Read 3337 times)
Marry Finch

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:27:11 PM

At any airport around the world it's quite normal that if you are departing or entering a country with more than $10k currency, you have to declare it.

Cryptocurrencies are another matter. What you must declare are banknotes, traveler's checks, gold coins... Anything physical. The future will probably assimilate cryptos to money in the bank, but so far there isn't a single word about BTC in customs regulations.
Most likely, that's the way it is. Crypto currency at the border crossing is not necessary. In any case, your duties should be stipulated clearly in the customs regulations. Without this, there can be no additional duties.
savushkinTA

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:41:34 PM

There are no such laws yet
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:56:40 PM

There are no such laws yet
You are not right. To Deposit cash in the customs Declaration you need. I can't say in all countries there is such a rule or not but I know many countries where this rule is. If you don't then you've confiscate currency. But this only applies to cash. On the credit card you can take out any amount. So I don't see the point to use for customs clearance of bitcoins
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:25:19 AM

I don’t have any idea what does airport regulation is referring to,, if worth 10000$ is it hard paper money?? or even a digital or virtual??.. The same way does a atm holder person will declare its money on security purposes or those only physical one.. Maybe I need to learn more about this.. It really needs some time to study much about our law that defines cryptocurrency prohibition and restrictions.. But I don’t know how or where to start,, if the law about bitcoin is still not even been pass or drafted..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: