Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:19:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long does it take to transfer BTCs to Tradehill?  (Read 851 times)
dego (OP)

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:40:06 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new to Tradehill and maybe you can tell me how long it usually takes to transfer BTCs to my Tradehill account. I made a transfer of some BTCs to my TH account more than 12hours ago. Usually BTCs are transferred rapidly through the network so I don't really understand why it takes so long...

any ideas?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wildvest

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 05:47:32 PM

depends on the network hashrate and the given transaction fees - i had sometimes delays of over 12 hrs - you may also check http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/ for all unconfirmed transactions
dego (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 06:14:14 PM

Ok, I just recieved em as I posted the above message, after ~14hrs. Bitcoin7 is much faster. Takes me ~10mins to get my BTCs in and even less to get em out....

Yes, I know that there is a controversial debate about Bitcoin7's security measures (you'll find many posts about that), but until now I am rather surprised how good it works. Unfortunately it is lacking of enough members...
thecount

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 06:43:45 PM

Before the mtgox incident, it didn't take any longer than ordinary BTC transactions.
dego (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:07:00 PM

Ok, thanks for sharing that information. Could it be that they check transactions manually before letting them show up in my TH balance?
rgds, dgn
shockD

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:13:01 PM

~14 hrs? Yikes, thanks for the info. I haven't tried them yet but that's pretty rough. Hopefully they're able to cope with the increased load they're getting and speed things up a bit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: