Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:30:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain  (Read 49729 times)
ranreichman (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 07:39:18 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2017, 04:00:53 PM by ranreichman

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
satoshforever

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:48:41 PM

Will all of the news be on the blockchain? How will it stop someone from Macedonia from spreading fake news?
ranreichman (OP)

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 07:56:37 PM

Will all of the news be on the blockchain? How will it stop someone from Macedonia from spreading fake news?
All of the content on the platform will also be on IPFS, but that by itself won't ensure that the content is reliable and high-quality. Our algorithms will consider user feedback and demote low-quality content. We ourselves won't decide what's fake and what isn't and the Snip platform will have no central editor. But if people you trust consider something to be fake or low-quality then you won't see it. This solves the fake news relativity problem, where different groups consider fake news to be different things.

Ilmiyati

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:06:01 PM

Project is very promising, I want to follow ICO of this project, is there any pre sale price for this token dev? I can not wait to follow the bounty of this project too.
ranreichman (OP)

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 08:11:11 PM

Project is very promising, I want to follow ICO of this project, is there any pre sale price for this token dev? I can not wait to follow the bounty of this project too.
Thanks! You're welcome to follow us on Telegram and Slack, there will be a limited pre-sale. Beware of scams! The pre-sale will be announced on multiple platforms and we'll never message you personally to ask you for fund transfers.

Odeoke

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:25:44 PM

Partnership with Wings sounds great I hope soon this project will go to price discovery event on that platform so we will get some extra coins just for forecasting there.
satoshforever

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:40:34 PM

All of the content on the platform will also be on IPFS, but that by itself won't ensure that the content is reliable and high-quality. Our algorithms will consider user feedback and demote low-quality content. We ourselves won't decide what's fake and what isn't and the Snip platform will have no central editor. But if people you trust consider something to be fake or low-quality then you won't see it. This solves the fake news relativity problem, where different groups consider fake news to be different things.

That's tough to do but could make sense if executed well. Do you have any background in software dev? machine learning? Will the fake news algorithm be open source?
satoshforever

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:41:50 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 09:53:50 PM by satoshforever

Partnership with Wings sounds great I hope soon this project will go to price discovery event on that platform so we will get some extra coins just for forecasting there.
Yeah this is a plus, Wings avoids shitcoins and scams
ranih

Activity: 168

Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 09:04:04 PM

That's tough to do but could make sense if executed well. Do you have any background in software dev? machine learning? Will the fake news algorithm be open source?

Hey, I'm Rani, CTO of Snip.
We have 10+ years of experience in software development, and I've been working in research and machine learning for over 6 years.
It's a challenge to find the best content for users, but that's one of the main things we've been working on for the last year at Snip.

Our algorithms will be public and open-source. We believe that with the help of the community we can tweak and improve them and bring you much better content. And, of course, we'll reward developers for their contributions.

satoshforever

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:55:08 PM

Hey, I'm Rani, CTO of Snip.
We have 10+ years of experience in software development, and I've been working in research and machine learning for over 6 years.
It's a challenge to find the best content for users, but that's one of the main things we've been working on for the last year at Snip.

Our algorithms will be public and open-source. We believe that with the help of the community we can tweak and improve them and bring you much better content. And, of course, we'll reward developers for their contributions.

Is the developer bounty going to be before the sale?
konstant111

Activity: 924
Merit: 250

my only address Eth: 0xa3beBBea49563A6D6D....

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:12:03 PM

Little information about the team, can you detail who you are? Smiley

STOP ERC20 SCAMS
alexsetiawan

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

English -> Indonesian translation service

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 10:27:20 PM

Interesting,
Look like a good project
I am waiting bounty thread

_����������������_
��������������������_
���������������������_
�����������������������
�����������������_�����
���������������������
�������������������
��������������������_
�����������������������
�����������������_�����
����������������������
���������������������
������������������
EKASEPBANJAR
Vexanium Block Producer

� 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
STAKE YOUR VEX
Vote ekasepbanjar
And Get Reward Daily

� 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
[ Website ] [ Telegram ] [ Instagram ]
let's growth VEX better! Public Blockchain from Indonesia

� 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
DaichiJapan

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:39:59 PM

The idea seems a big joke ever i saw, how you dude to fighting against the fake news before?
Darwin84

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:16:39 PM

The title is misleading, fight fake news, how are you going to fight fake new with this.

If I go to your fake news blockchain snip and tell you that Sandy Hook was a hoax how are you going to determine if what I'm saying is fake or real or good or bad.  Don't tell me that a coin holder is going to decide for because we already know that is not interesting and not accurate or even credible to the slightest degree.
Kennedy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:28:08 PM

Wow another good project ,It seems a pretty interesting project, i Will keep my eyes here to know newest update!
ranreichman (OP)

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 12:10:07 AM

Little information about the team, can you detail who you are? Smiley
Sure, I'm Ran, CEO of Snip. I have about 10 years of experience in software R&D, working in the field of cybersecurity. I started as a coder, then team leader, and finally a program manager, before starting to work on Snip full time in May 2016.

Rani, my co-founder, is the CTO. He also has about 10 years of experience but focused on Data Science and Machine Learning. He started as a researcher, then team leader, and finally founded from scratch a Data Science - Machine Learning department.

Ofir is our go-to guy for marketing. He has vast experience in marketing, both as a startup founder and as director of growth at Jolt.

Hope I answered the question. On our website (https://snip.network) there are also links to our LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for more details.

ranreichman (OP)

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 12:26:12 AM

The idea seems a big joke ever i saw, how you dude to fighting against the fake news before?

The title is misleading, fight fake news, how are you going to fight fake new with this.

If I go to your fake news blockchain snip and tell you that Sandy Hook was a hoax how are you going to determine if what I'm saying is fake or real or good or bad.  Don't tell me that a coin holder is going to decide for because we already know that is not interesting and not accurate or even credible to the slightest degree.

Indeed, coin holders won't be the ones deciding what's true and what's false. It would be wrong to assume that the richest person knows what's true and what isn't and isn't biased. There are three main features that will allow us to make sure that the information you get is accurate:

1. Real readers flagging fake or low-quality content - If many readers flag a piece of content, then its reach will be reduced significantly. This will be more difficult on controversial issues, where people could flag an opposing article to hurt its reach, and our solution to that will be analyzing if reliable people found the content to be fake. For instance, if there are many right-wing people who think a right-wing news story is fake, then it probably is. The same with left-wing stories.

2. Trusted pundits - On Snip you'll be able to subscribe to certain people and trust their judgement. If they consider an article to be fake or low-quality then it'll reduce the chance that you ever see the article.

3. Real corrections to articles - Today, fake news becomes viral on Facebook and Twitter, reaching millions of people, and when it's revealed that the news is fake, only a few hundreds see the correction/retraction. On Snip, if you saw a news story that turned out to be fake, our algorithm will also show you the correction which explains why the original story was incorrect.

We plan to add additional techniques as we go. Unlike Facebook and Twitter, at Snip our brand is short, high-quality content, and that's why we'll be especially focused on eliminating fake and low quality stories.

I hope I answered the question.
Ran

ranreichman (OP)

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 12:31:39 AM

Is the developer bounty going to be before the sale?

We'll properly announce more details on the bounty in a few days.

seahockey

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:34:47 AM

This sounds like you took the premise of steemit and claimed that it fights fake news.
ranreichman (OP)

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 12:51:37 AM

This sounds like you took the premise of steemit and claimed that it fights fake news.
We like Steemit but it's not really a news site, more of a cross between blogging platform and social network. There's no real way to stay in the know by following Steemit, and for instance the 3 top articles on the site are "How I learned to stop worrying and love the FUD", "Steem Blockchain Update August 2017", and "Successful #2 India Steemit Accelerator and Steem Cryptocurrency Meetup 2017".

We're building a news platform for the masses, which is blockchain-based but very easy to use. You're welcome to check out https://snip.today to see what I mean.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: