Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:09:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: coinbase?  (Read 21617 times)
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:35:46 PM

I've used Coinbase many times over the past 3-4 years and never had a problem with them. Some transactions took longer then I expected but they always worked out.
You should have taken those signs seriously.Coinbase has been boycotted as a reliable exchange by the community a long time ago.

Thats up until 10 days ago... I transfer some BTC in, go to sell and find that I can not buy or sell BTC. Email sent to customer support. Here we are 10 days later, no response. They are not answering the phone either.
What is the reason the gave you ? Are they insisting on further verification of your documents ? How many coins are stuck there ?
gamefixer

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:56:03 PM

I've used Coinbase many times over the past 3-4 years and never had a problem with them. Some transactions took longer then I expected but they always worked out.
You should have taken those signs seriously.Coinbase has been boycotted as a reliable exchange by the community a long time ago.

Thats up until 10 days ago... I transfer some BTC in, go to sell and find that I can not buy or sell BTC. Email sent to customer support. Here we are 10 days later, no response. They are not answering the phone either.
What is the reason the gave you ? Are they insisting on further verification of your documents ? How many coins are stuck there ?

they have not responded to any of my emails so no reason has been given.

I dont think I have any BTC "stuck" per say. I'm just going to transfer it back to my blockchain wallet until I can figure out where to buy/sell BTC elsewhere.

Up until a year ago Coinbase was fine by me. I cashed out a good amount of BTC last year and the transaction went exactly as planned out.
wasif11

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:38:53 AM

Bitcoin Exchange Coinbase Hits 10 Million Users - In the last three weeks of August, the bitcoin exchange added an astonishing 800,000 users.

3 Weeks = 21 days
60x60x24 = 86,400 seconds in a day
21x86,400 = 1,814,400 seconds in 21 days
1,814,400 / 800,000 = a new user added every 2.26 seconds
cvetanveljanovski

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:24:06 AM

Hi, how long does it take to transfer BTC to a paper wallet now, since there is a notification that there is longer waiting period for transfering BTC?
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:56:17 PM

Hi, how long does it take to transfer BTC to a paper wallet now, since there is a notification that there is longer waiting period for transfering BTC?
I withdrew Bitcoin from Coinbase yesterday, and it indeed took longer than usual to receive my funds. I initially thought that I accidentally sent coins to a different wallet, which got me a bit worried, but everything was all fine.

It took like 30 minutes instead of the insant withdrawals I usually enjoy, but there is nothing to worry about. On Reddit people complain about the same 'issue' but they get their coins in the end, so that's all that matters.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
P.Dz

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:25:37 PM

As the prices across all cryptos tumbled today coinbase froze the ability to buy and sell anything, how very convenient, just as you'd want to buy etc/ltc/btc to make most gains they stash everything for themselves. STAY AWAY. I am switching to Gemini now, scr ew those coinbase crooks
sarijaya4444

Activity: 166

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:41:13 PM

They're as legit as can be but watch the terms and conditions. They'll shut you down if they can trace your address to gambling, dark markets or if they think you're buying coins to sell elsewhere.
I'm planning to buy BTC/USD on coinbase and planning to sell on an exchange where the price is higher. Am I allowed to do that?
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:54:14 AM

They're as legit as can be but watch the terms and conditions. They'll shut you down if they can trace your address to gambling, dark markets or if they think you're buying coins to sell elsewhere.
I'm planning to buy BTC/USD on coinbase and planning to sell on an exchange where the price is higher. Am I allowed to do that?

Yes, it's call "arbitrage" ... its legal, but not always as easy as it looks. Good luck!
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:19:32 PM

The following credit cards are now blocked on coinbase:

Chase
Bank of America
Citi
Capital One

And here is the tweet from Coinbase confirming this:

https://twitter.com/coinbase/status/960726774391828481

They are advising people to use debit cards or direct deposit

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:32:19 PM

I reckon coinbase's outcome will be as binary as BTC. Either they wind up one of the world's biggest companies or they get nipped to death by more agile competitors.

I don't think there's a huge amount of love out there for them. Their fiat links are the be all and end all. If someone else does it better it could get tricky for them.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:23:52 PM

Coinbase got recently valued at $8 Billion!

https://coincodex.com/article/2558/coinbase-valued-at-8-billion-after-raising-300-million-in-funding-round/

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:00:41 PM

Why this companies investing in them? What getting this big companies when investing in them? Some % of profit? Coinbase have shares and dividends or no?
dreamax25

Activity: 365
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 12:54:35 PM

Coinbase recently publish a list of 31 cryptocurrencies that were evaluating for potential listings!

https://coincodex.com/article/2725/coinbase-publishes-list-of-31-cryptocurrencies-it-is-evaluating-for-potential-listing/
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 01:21:17 PM

Coinbase recently publish a list of 31 cryptocurrencies that were evaluating for potential listings!

https://coincodex.com/article/2725/coinbase-publishes-list-of-31-cryptocurrencies-it-is-evaluating-for-potential-listing/

Check the URL.

I hope they know what they're doing. Most coins out there are not robust or professional enough to justify listing on a place that wants to be the gold standard.

Imagine if they had 100 million clients and a ton of institutions and all this Bcash shit had kicked off.

Funnily enough the one and only coin that does tick all the boxes, Bitcoin, is the one they hate the most and would prefer to go away.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: