Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:19:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete [RESOLVED]  (Read 4526 times)
cryptodevil (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:31:52 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2017, 03:34:18 PM by cryptodevil

[EDIT]

Issues raised were resolved and scam accusation thread archived and flagged for deletion.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptodevil (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:32:14 PM

Also, you list this young lady:
Lilia Pritchard, as a team member and marketing and social media expert, yes?

Trouble is, whenever I do a search for her with the term 'enjin' I don't get any results other than your ICO page and a website listing a 'Lilia Pritchard' as an English language teacher.

Actually, even when I do a simple search on "Lilia Pritchard" I'm only getting 62 results, none of them leading anywhere useful.

Where would I find examples of Ms Pritchard's social media chops?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
cryptodevil (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:32:35 PM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

16% Partnerships:
This portion of tokens will be used to promote Enjin Coin directly to gamers and game developers over the next few years.
For each of these four stages, we'll need to use some of the partnership tokens as incentives.
We're also going to distribute small amounts of coins to 30,000 existing gaming communities (the most active ones on the Enjin network).
18% Team/Advisors:
That is a huge chunk of money you are going to be diluting the pot with. You want people to buy 66% of the coin supply with ETH and then you are effectively in control of the other 34% which, as they are being sold on the market, rob those 66% coin-holders of value. So they are not just buying at the ICO price, they are buying at the ICO price and then facing a 50% 'tax' being applied to their market share value as those remaining 34% of coins are distributed and ultimately sold for ETH.

Who came up with those figures and thought they'd be an acceptable structure for an ICO-funded project?

World-class devs and staff don't come cheap and if we were to hire 6 additional developers and other supporting staff we're looking at an increased spend of $1m+ USD per year in salaries alone, not to mention a lot of additional costs involved.
You are running the crowdsale with the intent of reaching a minimum of 60,000 ETH, yes? That equates to about USD$12,000,000.00 at today's prices. Why is that insufficient for your project's spending needs to the degree that you also want to distribute another USD$3,000,000.00 dollars-worth (16% Partnerships) of coins from the pre-mine to pay for other aspects of the project which are not apparently covered by the initial ICO amount collected.

Would it not be fairer to use ICO funds to purchase coins from the post-ICO market for paying for these third-party 'community' distributions? That would at least mitigate the persistent down-pressure on the market from value dilution.

18% Team/Advisors:
This includes our core team and advisors... Each team member should have a personal stake in our success.
Indeed, they should, which is why it is *really* important to ensure the people you are listing as team-members are legitimate. Which leads me to the other issue of trying to establish the who's who of the Enjin team.

You listed Lilia Pritchard as somebody who 'works in the background', yet she is supposed to be a social media and marketing expert who happens to have no presence on the web, at all. Why is this and how can we be sure she is who you say she?

The same goes for these two people:
and

Neither of whom I can find any details for outside of your infographic. Please provide links to show these three exist somewhere on the web as actual people, as opposed to us having to simply take your words for it.

I am not being unreasonable in these requests and Vanbex, the excellent and highly professional marketing firm you are looking to pay with your ICO funds, will know exactly why I am asking these questions of you and will most definitely agree with the need to ensure that you and your project are exactly who and what you say you are.

If you doubt me, ask them.

cryptodevil (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:33:23 PM

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

...Since the majority of tokens are being distributed to create gameplay incentives, this doesn't dilute the crowdsale token pool very much.

That is an utter math fail. A pre-mine is a 'tax' by another name on the entire public distribution from day 1, whether you intend to distribute them slowly or otherwise. In this case (66% publicly sold and 34% retained by you) it is a 50% deduction in value, in real terms, to whatever the market price of the publicly sold coins is, regardless.

I am bringing this to your attention because it is extremely pertinent for investors to note the reality concerning the ICO price of this token and it is something which will definitely impact any market price expectations going forward. You would be wise to reconsider the size of this pre-mine if you want to have any hope of interest from experienced investors. Otherwise you risk attracting uninformed speculators who see the hype and not the numbers, and they rarely possess the means to offer significant funding for these ICOs. Well, not for long, anyway.

cryptodevil (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:38:02 PM

@Jacob70 et al (caution: read carefully):

Further to your deletion of my posts for asking questions you seemingly do not want to answer in public, let me draw your attention to the facts of the situation. I am working to establish both the validity of your operation, inasmuch as the claims you have made regarding the people you have named who are supposedly employed by Enjin Pte Ltd, Singapore, as well as seeking to clarify the actual state of your platform regarding its userbase and performance statistics.

Many of your answers have been evasive and not entirely honest. Not only have you named people on your team for whom no search results exist beyond your own platform, as in their names give next-to-no hits outside of your forums, but I have raised a valid concern regarding the 75% loss in userbase over the last three years, to which you have merely chosen to highlight some recent stats which indicate a small increase in the past few months.

Now, I know you are eager to talk only about the promise of what is to come and how awesome it is going to surely be, but these promises are empty if the discussion about the actual numbers for your organisation show serious issues that you are unwilling to properly engage with.

So, here's the situation, if you continue to delete my posts instead of providing full and frank answers to the issues I am raising, I will have to consider your ICO as being little more than a cynical grab-for-cash by a desperate platform which has been struggling to retain users. That being the case I will raise a scam accusation thread detailing these concerns and your response to them.

I will also negatively rate every single bitcointalk account of your team AND every single account of anyone who wears your signature, unless and until you provide for detailed explanations and answers to these valid questions. This will be done in order to protect the public.

So, with that in mind, let me post one of those deleted posts for which you have yet to provide a reasonable answer, in the hope that you will see sense and respond properly to the question I asked:

Should you be interested in our true network-wide ranking, you can see our network-wide statistics via our Quantcat page, located here.

Yes I took a look there and while the technical explanation for Alexa's stats regarding the Enjin.com domain might explain the steep drop-off from a few months ago, the metric concerning your network-wide stats seem to show that you've been steadily losing most of your market from the high of 2014.

What's the situation in that regards?

nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 03:39:21 PM

First of all, thank you cryptodevil for your investigation, it is good to see BTCT community active to protect its members.

They have been introduced to me on skype, maxime the CEO clearly told me he wants to take advantage of the ethereum hype as i told them that their decision is a no sence. Then they took my ideas to hide their scam, i though they will use stratis or elements or even create their own blockchain, sorry for that.

This project sounds non logical, i don't imagine guys who args getting millions a month to integrate a token on their platform. That means they will have to stop using FIATS on their platform, and use their token instead, or its value will be low. Risking their users for a token ? it doesn't seems logical.

Needless to talk about the frequentation of the platform, it is indeed sinking, they advertise 18 Million users while only 2 millions are active (over a month). This project is about creating a smart contract, getting money, selling the platform and leaving it.

Instead of lying about the team members, they could have said, the tokens will go to the Enjin Team, no need to lie about that.

As a result, they want to keep coins to play pump and dump. Saying they will distribute tokens to their partners (big companies as they said) is stupid, are they bounty hunters ? are they serious about that ?

It is like offering tokens to trusted members of bitcointalk to promote a project, most of the time they refuse.

I let you read my two other posts, for fun and memmory :

First, you are not game devs, you are a service platform. I risk to bring you down on the intellectual level if you keep ongoing.
Are you Minecraft ? are you DOTA ? are you CSGO ? to say that Enjin Coin could be implemented into games, i think that what you are saying is that the future game developers who have an interest into Altcoins and cryptocurrencies would come and use your token and your platform while they could simply create their own token, providing their own ressources. Why would they use Enjin instead of going for a custom sollution ?
You don't have the required weight in the gaming industry, you are a service provider. Creating skins, using them with a smart contract or a token, rise did something similar a year ago, they have been well financed but the project died. Skin coin isn't worth to mention. These are mostly a hype because any intelligent developer would ask himself first "can i develope my smart contract (or token) the way i want ?", as you are scraping the surface about the token, let me response in a development side, and i already told you about it, you responded saying that the token is for money only (which annoyed me). Once you put a smart contract on the blockchain you are limited, have a look at this link : https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/2404/upgradeable-smart-contracts

Why skincoin isn't worth talking about (so does enjin) ? Because nothing will ever guanrantee that a deal will be respected by the seller side, unless a blockchain can upload graphics (which will be soon totally impossible because 4K) your system will be centralized. The other thing is that people doesn't need enjin to create a smart contract, you could have talked about a new protocole (like XCP) instead of a smart contract, it would have provided more integration sollutions, by the way we are still two talking here, that's why i ask you to lock the thread. Maybe Enjin have financial issues and that's the reason why you do a crowdsale. As i said, it is ridiculous and you hsould lock this thread as you would get your name dirty after that.

Stop looking for money like Gollum. I know that crowdsales are exciting for many people, with the return expectations, but you hsould think about the return you are going to provide, in this case, the project is simply dead because of the ERC20 token. Ethereum did smart contracts to enhance the services and rely on the blockchain's immutability,in this case, you talk about development while you are in services. Next time please, get more documentation before launching a project, because as far as i can see, there is no research here.

And you act like scamers pushing people towards investing everything in the first day in order to close it early. Give time to people, they need to think, to consider every aspect, to do their own researches. It is not because you saw a lot of crowdsales closing after a bunch of hours that it is really something good to do, you hsouldn't compare yourself to them, these guys started talking about their projects months before starting the crowdsale, and they have highly well made and though project, with months of sleepless nights, while you come in and talk about been expects since X years, empty barrels make more noise than full barrels, your whitepaper is empty.

Seriosuly, lock the thread, it is shame to launch a thread like this one. If you made a fork, it would have attracted a lot of people, and we would have all waited for yobit listing to dump it, that's sad.

With the actual structure, the crowdsale reminds me of :

sucky, sucky, 5 dollars, crowdsale ends in 8 hours !
Ming Lee, Cartman

Oh c'mon, you copied my personality or what ? NVOsaid that it will support MaidSafe, and now you say that you will probably support Raiden. There is only one difference, Dirvine has confirmed that we contacted them and are willing to work together. No Raiden contributor confirmed about what you stated. I told you about Stratis and Blockstream (NVO uses CounterParty) , which is maybe the only interesting point into your reply, for the rest, it is only blabla.

Cryptocurrencies are moving towards decentralization, and you talk about a smart contract (which is decentralized) linked to a centralized authority, that's amazing, why don't you just deal with the FIATS as they are already centralized, why don't you keep them ? Do not be hypocritical. Don't worry Witek, i will teach you a small lesson soon. However, i still believe that enjin is a scam, this is why i tell you to delay it for the next year and think about a really good idea, not something to scam people.
Quote from: jeffthebaker link=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2028112.msg20295960#msg20295960
I made a pretty long post on the (not yet active) subreddit, but I'll put down a few of my major concerns here, too: How could you possibly integrate EnjinCoin, a cryptocurrency asset on the Ethereum blockchain, to your community, which are largely children? How will you see adoption when, beyond this, the people investing in this coin are not the same people who will be using it. (Minecraft gamers and crypto investors don't mix much. Look at all the failed Minecraft Crypto servers). Why are you paying the team with 18% (yikes!) of ENJ supply, as well as paying them through ICO sales? Double paying? IF ENJ is widely adopted by your millions of users, who is paying the ETH transaction? Kids would be wanting to send a few dollars back and forth all the time. That doesn't work with current fees.

Most importantly, why make your own currency? Why not partner with GameCredits, who is already seeking to achieve just this?
As of the development side, i think that they are already down. However, your feedback about the Ethereum transactions is really interresting, i am really pleased to see real legendaries in bitcointalk, it starts to be rare.
I can't imagine a young user demanding his father for a bittrex account (or poloniex) to buy Ethereum which will have to be withdrawed to another exchange to buy this non-sence coin in order to withdraw it again (while paying fees for each step) to finally send it to the Enjin platform, and loose on fees again. All this process should happen in about 20 minutes minimum which is far enough for his friends to finish a game and leave it before than he is able to arrive.
As they are scaming young people on their platform, they think they can scam people on BTCt too, by the way, they are based in Singapor which is the reason why they don't gime much interest to the legal sides. And i have a hwole discusion about that from skype, they better focus on TOS to protect themselfs instead of the users.
Also, i don't understand why someone making 1Million$/month would run a crowdsale for a token, especially into the same platform, you could have sold shares of the company instead as it would have been a lot more interesting for the investors. Ah ! i forgot that you don't care about the legal sides, you are the kind of letting your investors selling their tokens to young users, really, the project is really nice, rushing the crowdsale to get funds.
I wonder what the volume will be, the best skin is usually sold for 14$, i can't image a whale negociating with a child for 14$. Totally awkwarkd.

conclusion, i imagine the investors :

Homer: hey son, i found a way to get money, i invested all the money saved by your mom for your sister's studies.
Bart: really Homer ? we are going to be rich ? i don't care for studies !
Homer: I bought Enjin coins, you will be able to sell them to your friends !
Bart : You are so stupid Homer !

Second investor profile :

Dora's mom : Hi honey, i missed you today, haven't you seen my 200$ ?
Dora: Hi momy, i used them to buy Enjin coins, they promised that i could use them to buy charts for my next adventures !

Enjin is a Scam, rerouting the discussion, you reply with marketing. Originally BTCT is a dev forum, don't come into the territory of developers.

These are from the original thread, the one closed. These posts are funny, but they are more to provide a better vision on the project.
WitekRadomski

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for gaming!

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 06:24:00 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2017, 06:39:35 PM by WitekRadomski

Hi guys, CTO of Enjin Coin here. We are being open and thoughtful about our coin and I welcome productive criticism and feedback. You guys seem to care about the direction of the project, based on 30 days of constant posting on our threads. But we draw the line when there is clear trolling and toxic behavior.

I would like to explain why NEMGUN is upset:

I spoke to him over a couple of days on video chat, thinking NVO might help us do our crowdsale. After a few interactions, we noticed some disturbing behavior from him and decided it was best not to work with this person. I understand rejection is upsetting, and that NVO wanted to use Enjin Coin as an example for their own project, but it is difficult to understand NEMGUN's aggression.

Here is part of what scared our entire team off from working with him:

His behavior on Skype video was rude, constant cursing at us while trying to force the project in his own direction. By chance, I was passing through the city which Ton (NVO founder) lives and I was planning to have an in-person meeting with him, but after our team did some background checks on NEMGUN we decided it was best to focus our resources elsewhere.

I understand that his feelings were perhaps hurt, however his present behaviour leaves us confident we made the correct choice.

Now that this has been cleared up...

I am perfectly clear about the direction and goals of our project. If you present clear, distilled arguments about why you believe this will fail, I'll be happy to respond. We are open minded and honestly want to build Enjin Coin to be a practical decentralized asset platform for gamers.

I am currently designing the technical specifications for all our smart contracts and Platform API. We have a team of experienced blockchain developers and advisors working with us, who will help guide all concepts and audit all contracts.

I'm 100% open to discuss logical, coherent arguments. If this devolves into trolling, then I'll remove myself from the thread. Until then, let's discuss.

CTO, Enjin Coin - Smart cryptocurrency for gaming!
WitekRadomski

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 06:37:44 PM

cryptodevil,

One of your accusations is about us faking the existence of our team members. We are happy to prove everybody actually exists... Perhaps a Google Hangout with the entire team available to answer any questions?

onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:03:26 PM

cryptodevil,

One of your accusations is about us faking the existence of our team members. We are happy to prove everybody actually exists... Perhaps a Google Hangout with the entire team available to answer any questions?

Glad to see replies from you guys, because i want to see the situation settle as quickly as possible.
From eyes of a 3rd party, this thread seems kind of sketchy (I know you understand).
But my main question was, would it be possible for example post the video on youtube or something, so it could be kind of Q&A at same time which you may use for promotion as well by showing how professional your team is  Cool

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 07:53:20 PM

-snip-
All you did was ad hominem. You explained nothing, the same way you've failed to explain the concerns raised by OP.  That coupled with everything that has happened (massive censorship for example) makes this project highly shady.

From eyes of a 3rd party, this thread seems kind of sketchy (I know you understand).
Sketchy? You are an enjin shill and shouldn't comment on this as you can't control your own bias.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:03:19 PM

cryptodevil,

I think we would all appreciate that.

But more importantly, I wouldn't support a campaign if I didn't believe in the project. So, please address the bolded:

Many of your answers have been evasive and not entirely honest. Not only have you named people on your team for whom no search results exist beyond your own platform, as in their names give next-to-no hits outside of your forums, but I have raised a valid concern regarding the 75% loss in userbase over the last three years, to which you have merely chosen to highlight some recent stats which indicate a small increase in the past few months.

Now, I know you are eager to talk only about the promise of what is to come and how awesome it is going to surely be, but these promises are empty if the discussion about the actual numbers for your organisation show serious issues that you are unwilling to properly engage with.

So, here's the situation, if you continue to delete my posts instead of providing full and frank answers to the issues I am raising, I will have to consider your ICO as being little more than a cynical grab-for-cash by a desperate platform which has been struggling to retain users. That being the case I will raise a scam accusation thread detailing these concerns and your response to them.

I will also negatively rate every single bitcointalk account of your team AND every single account of anyone who wears your signature, unless and until you provide for detailed explanations and answers to these valid questions. This will be done in order to protect the public.

Please be open and honest regarding claims about the userbase. And keep the conversation open: please do not delete posts that reflect negatively on Enjin. The platform and developer team has shown great potential. Don't sacrifice that.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:33:47 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2017, 10:55:41 PM by Decoded

So after painfully reading each user's long spiel (Do you guys really have to write whole page essays as responses?), there's three main points I've summed it down to.

1) Due to a gradual decrease in the size of your userbase in the last three years, it is tiny compared to what it used to be.

- I can't really say anything here, and I have not looked into it. Minecraft was still pretty big in 2014, though.

2) Deleting negative posts in Ann threads

- I admit, this is bad, and I can see why thulis would be a cause for concern. But now if he's answering questions here, I don't think this is a worry as long as proper communication is made, not just accusations and insults.

3) Having team members with very small names online, if any.

- Witek seems to have addressed the problem by offering to do a call IRL.

I'll pause the campaign if this gets out of hand or is drawn too far out of hand.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 5807

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:48:05 PM

Watching closely. If this is not resolved positively in the next couple of days, I'll leave the signature campaign. I won't "shill" for a platform that doesn't deliver what they advertise.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
WitekRadomski

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 12:13:23 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2017, 12:25:34 AM by WitekRadomski

Alright, let's discuss traffic. Smiley

In our announcement and whitepaper we have only advertised our current 2017 traffic. You can see it directly on Quantcast here: https://www.quantcast.com/p-e2f9QTuI7ynec and linked in our Whitepaper here: https://enjincoin.io/enjincoin_whitepaper.pdf

Here is why we’re currently very happy about our traffic ranking:

Quantcast shows us peaking in 2014 and traffic dropping afterward. We had a US traffic rank of 732 in 2014 and now we're at 991 in 2017 (The rank indicates the number of sites receiving more traffic than Enjin. Currently Quantcast measure us as being bigger than all websites in USA minus 990). We can speculate on a few possible reasons for this:

• Minecraft's peak was in 2014 and thus a large wave of our traffic followed its popularity (check Google Trends for "Minecraft"). The casual gamers may have moved off to mobile games or other trends, but the hardcore gamers remain and game oriented businesses remain.
  • Many users have been switching to our Android and iOS Mobile app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.enjin.mobile&hl=en and https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/enjin-community-for-gamers/id1103331595?mt=8 for accessing Enjin and Enjin Community forums. We've neglected to track our app traffic in our Quantcast traffic statistics. We have opened a conversation with Quantcast now to see about tracking this.
  • Our traffic follows game popularity and cycles, with Minecraft being the biggest video gaming phenomenon the world has seen in 2014. We haven't encountered an game yet even close to Minecraft's popularity, but we're continuing to look for new opportunities and branching into new games, with smaller traffic but passionate communities.
  • We changed to HTTPS across tens of thousands of communities, here is the reply Brad (our network engineer) posted to you:

Hello there cryptodevil,

Thank you for your enquiry.

The reason behind this is actually due to us implementing HTTPS (SSL/TLS) as well as the HTTP2 protocol on enjin.com and throughout the Enjin Network during this period of time, something you can verify here. We made the decision to upgrade the network to support HTTP2 (which encompasses the transition to HTTPS) as well as to offer that to our users as a way of improving the security of the network - something that we take very seriously - in addition to improving the speed of the network which is a direct benefit of moving to the HTTP2 protocol.

It wasn't a light decision as we had previously read articles (linked below) regarding the transition between the Hypertext Transfer Protocol and the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure. We knew it could have quite a major impact on our traffic metrics. However, we ultimately knew that this would be short-term, in the grand scheme of things, whilst all of the redirects from the indexed HTTP pages to HTTPS began taking effect in which it'd eventually begin to recover again.

You can read one of the articles that we reviewed whilst implementing support for HTTPS and HTTP2 below:
http://searchengineland.com/google-makes-penalty-mistakes-buffer-story-203591

Likewise, a new - more recent - article has arisen which shows that this is still a persistent problem with changing from HTTP to HTTPS.
http://www.seoblog.com/2017/07/rankings-drop-https-ssl/

Ultimately, yes - the transition did have an impact on our traffic metrics and may still have an impact for another few months although, it was an essential step to take and it will eventually recover.

Should you be interested in our true network-wide ranking, you can see our network-wide statistics via our Quantcat page, located here.

Best regards,
Brad - Enjin Technical Developer & Security Expert.

Our Traffic is growing since April, including our Mobile Apps traffic. Here are the latest stats, which we provided to you and can be checked on Quantcast:

Our actual network traffic from April to now:

https://www.quantcast.com/p-e2f9QTuI7ynec#trafficCard

In USA we are 1007th in traffic,
776th in the UK
618th in Canada
394th in Germany
269th in Brazil, and so on

We made all the above clear in the thread, but you kept insisting that we have no real traffic, that our staff are not real (we even invited you to meet us in person or on video chat), even after we clearly and repeatedly explained and provided answers.

So, here's the situation, if you continue to delete my posts instead of providing full and frank answers to the issues I am raising

The only posts we deleted are the dupes you kept posting, while ignoring our answers. But I hope this discussion clears everything up.

Now, we are planning features for a number of new games, and we're working on some huge updates to the CMS platform, this includes Enjin Coin, a new frontend, and more updates to our mobile apps. We're here for the long game - we love gaming, and we are trying to innovate by bringing a blockchain item platform to gamers.

You can't expect a 9 year long continual growth curve to be the only factor for success, there are cycles in traffic and markets, just like our current cycle of growth starting in April. We are still clearly ranked as one of the biggest networks online. Minecraft was huge temporary growth, there was no way to retain all those users, and now we're back to pre-Minecraft hype with a better product overall. Despite World of Warcraft being much smaller now that it was a few years ago, we've replaced all those users.

View our development / news blog here to confirm:
https://www.enjin.com/blog

Our communities in the many thousands are there and highly active. View them all here:
https://www.enjin.com/communities

nemgun

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 12:15:07 AM

So after painfully reading each user's long spiel (Do you guys really have to write whole page essays as responses?), there's three main points I've summed it down to.

1) Due to a gradual decrease in the size of your userbase in the last three years, it is tiny compared to what it used to be.

- I can't really say anything here, and I have not looked into it. Minecraft was still pretty big in 2014, though.

2) Deleting negative posts in Ann threads

- I admit, this is bad, and I can see why thulis would be a cause for concern. But now if he's answering questions here, I don't think this is a worry as long as proper communication is made, not just accusations and insults.

3) Having team members with very small names online, if any.

- Witek seems to have addressed the problem by offering to do a call IRL.

I'll pause the campaign if this gets out of hand or is drawn too far out of hand.

Thanks for your reply, i will remove the untrust as soon as it is doable. I think that you just neglegted the fact that you should have the controle of the signature thread, as a bought account deleted messages you were supposed to manage.

Hi guys, CTO of Enjin Coin here. We are being open and thoughtful about our coin and I welcome productive criticism and feedback. You guys seem to care about the direction of the project, based on 30 days of constant posting on our threads. But we draw the line when there is clear trolling and toxic behavior.

I spoke to him over a couple of days on video chat, thinking NVO might help us do our crowdsale. After a few interactions, we noticed some disturbing behavior from him and decided it was best not to work with this person. I understand rejection is upsetting, and that NVO wanted to use Enjin Coin as an example for their own project, but it is difficult to understand NEMGUN's aggression.

Here is part of what scared our entire team off from working with him:

His behavior on Skype video was rude, constant cursing at us while trying to force the project in his own direction. By chance, I was passing through the city which Ton (NVO founder) lives and I was planning to have an in-person meeting with him, but after our team did some background checks on NEMGUN we decided it was best to focus our resources elsewhere.

I understand that his feelings were perhaps hurt, however his present behaviour leaves us confident we made the correct choice.

Now that this has been cleared up...

I am perfectly clear about the direction and goals of our project. If you present clear, distilled arguments about why you believe this will fail, I'll be happy to respond. We are open minded and honestly want to build Enjin Coin to be a practical decentralized asset platform for gamers.

I am currently designing the technical specifications for all our smart contracts and Platform API. We have a team of experienced blockchain developers and advisors working with us, who will help guide all concepts and audit all contracts.

I'm 100% open to discuss logical, coherent arguments. If this devolves into trolling, then I'll remove myself from the thread. Until then, let's discuss.

I don't understand your behaviour, first don't talk about NVO, it is not related. Then stop quoting messages from skype, i could start that game too and it could be hard, like how related to scam ver you are, or when maxime said he wanted to take advantage of the ethereum hype whom i said it was a scammy behaviour.

We have a team of experienced blockchain developers and advisors working with us, who will help guide all concepts and audit all contracts.
As you have this kind of specialits, why do you go for a Token instead of a blockchain ? that's the question i answered since the very begining. A 12 years old geek could create a smart contract.

Instead of talking about me, you should answer the concerns risen by the OP directly, i am not supposed to be the cause of flaws/fails of your company.
Also, i didn't felt upset because of rejection, not even upset at all, i have been a stress for you because i clearly stated that your strategy was a scamish strategy.

Do you know how many persons consult me for their ICOs and projects ? Do you know how often a refuse because they use strategies like yours ?

Please answer the questions, don't use me as a scapegoat. I also have another question, i never heard of any blockchain developer who doesn't have a bitcointalk account, you could have used his account to post the announcement instead of buying one. I have a history, most of it is in the development section of the forum.
nemgun

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 12:34:15 AM

Now, we are planning features for a number of new games, and we're working on some huge updates to the CMS platform, this includes Enjin Coin, a new frontend, and more updates to our mobile apps. We're here for the long game - we love gaming, and we are trying to innovate by bringing a blockchain item platform to gamers.

Talking about blockchain again, exchanging items on your platform with tokens and smart contracts. You can't say that you are a blockchain item platform, you are a token who doesn't realise that functions.

Regarding the traffic, i find it weired that you don't track your apps traffic, especially when you want to centralize a decentraliazed system.

giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:06:57 AM

Let's agree to the fact that all the scam accusations against you are fake and crypto devil is simply posting shit then why in earth do you delete his posts on your moderated thread. I get it you are running a ico and it might have a bad reputation for your company but don't you think if you prove him wrong people will trust you more. Deleting posts will just make matters worse.
And how about you and you team uploads a video on YouTube for everyone to notice instead of a private chat.
WitekRadomski

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 01:24:44 AM

Let's agree to the fact that all the scam accusations against you are fake and crypto devil is simply posting shit then why in earth do you delete his posts on your moderated thread. I get it you are running a ico and it might have a bad reputation for your company but don't you think if you prove him wrong people will trust you more. Deleting posts will just make matters worse.
And how about you and you team uploads a video on YouTube for everyone to notice instead of a private chat.

A few of our team have access to our main account, and they deleted duplicate posts. I've informed everyone that we should not delete further posts unless they are duplicates or completely offtopic.

Our original thread in mid July was un-moderated but in a few pages it got completely derailed by trolling. We were forced to make a moderated thread as we wanted to focus on actual discussion about Enjin Coin instead of personal attacks, scam accusations and FUD. You can see why we decided to re-do the thread as moderated but we'll tread lightly and steer all of this into a positive discussion.

I have addressed every concern Cryptodevil noted above.

Maximb

Activity: 164
Merit: 101

Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for Gaming.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 03:02:26 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2017, 06:00:02 AM by Maximb

Why is this a serious cause for concern?
Which leads me to the other issue of concern, the catastrophic 75% churn rate across their network. By way of a link which they themselves provided in order to claim a growing userbase for the past few months, it can be seen that, in fact, this platform has been haemorrhaging users steadily for the last three years.

You are confused by the point I was making. I stated our overall traffic is growing since April 2017 (as per Quantcast data) and our Client Base is growing and bigger than ever. By Client Base I mean paying and free clients (The Owners of communities, NOT the members of a community), there is a huge distinction between the two. Clients pay us for our plans here: https://www.enjin.com/pricing and can also join on the Free Plan. Clients are the users who make communities and virtual stores on Enjin. We don't control who joins the various communities. That's highly dependent on the client managing the community and the games currently peaking in that year (Minecraft made an insane peak in 2014 compared to all other games)

Each Client on Enjin creates a website / mobile community (free or paid) on our network, that community receives traffic as per Quantcast monitoring (The mobile stats are not reflected here!).

My point is this, we have more clients but they receive less web traffic. Each community is smaller in user count, therefore there is less traffic directed to that community. This is not indicative of Client or Community count on Enjin! Yes you can say they are correlated to some extent, but this is not the case when you have a catalyst like Minecraft (the biggest most hyped game) in 2014 pushing insane user traffic towards Client communities.

Why are Clients on Enjin showing less web traffic in 2017 than in 2014? here are the 3 main factors:

I hope this clears up the traffic situation. To equate us to a scam because of the traffic changes on our Enjin platform (Minecraft Hype / Enjin Mobile Apps Released / HTTPS) is not fair and baseless. We are still one of the largest gaming website networks in the world based on our current traffic (US RANK 991) and growing in Client numbers and in user traffic (2017). The statistics are very clear on that.

Another note. I'm going to take on-board your criticism regarding the 66% offered to the crowd sale. We've discussed this with our team and advisors over the last few weeks and decided to change the crowdsale percentage to 80%. More details will be posted shortly regarding that.

CEO - Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for Gaming
ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:10:32 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2017, 10:56:56 PM by ObscurePen

I don't know if anything that I say will assist this operation but I would like to bring your attention to the Enjin coin slack. I searched up Lilia on the database and there seems to be the same woman that you are talking about.

Link: https://enjincoin.slack.com/messages/@lilia/ - no reply to my message so far (has replied and has sent a photo. It is the same as the one posted below)

Brad exists in the slack app too: https://enjincoin.slack.com/messages/@brad/ - no reply so far (has replied)

So does Chris: https://enjincoin.slack.com/messages/@chris/ - I messaged Chris and he did reply.

Their slack link is: https://enjincoin.slack.com/

I can also vouch for the existence of Maxim and Witek Radomski. Hope these links help in your investigation. Personally, I do not think they are scammers, but I will leave that to you guys. I can also vouch with proof for the existence of Lilia, Chris and Brad
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: