Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:42:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: |ANN| CrocodileCash | PoW/DPOS/PoS Hybrid | Snap Them Up Fast | Android Wallet |  (Read 61405 times)
KuriousCate24

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

I'm Not Pretty Enough !!!

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:16:45 PM

Proposal Developers

1) activation of segwit.
2) Implementation of advertisements in the wallet to generate revenue.
3) use of the CROC blockchain in the field of transport and logistics.
4) Intelligent contracts: rent of a small percentage of the power of your computer to make calculations in different fields (research, company, laboratory, etc.).

Segwit integration should be straight forward...Just have to pull changes from Bitcoin core. Note: I have no idea how this will break the current network Smiley

2-4 though I don't care for. I do NOT want advertisements in a wallet. It's a security concern.

Intelligent contracts - yeah maybe if this was an Ethereum fork. But it aint! Tongue

If you go forward  with Segwit integration will the next step be lightning network (when its finish)
what do you think ?
the code updates could be part of your Developer road map, apart of Croc-lo & the other things you mention some pages ago you wana do

I think lightning network is kind of ironic for our chain. On the other hand, if again it's fairly simple to merge Bitcoin's implementation...no problem.

I do not think this should be our priority though. Using CrocodileCash should be our priority.

We don't need the lightning network considering we have fast block times for mining and staking.

Maybe we should design some bumper stickers or slap on stickers for street posts at intersections and traffic light posts around the world ? Maybe throw some QR claim codes on each Wink

Flowers Are Like Humans...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
john_W

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:30:45 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2017, 12:49:05 AM by john_W

Proposal Developers

1) activation of segwit.
2) Implementation of advertisements in the wallet to generate revenue.
3) use of the CROC blockchain in the field of transport and logistics.
4) Intelligent contracts: rent of a small percentage of the power of your computer to make calculations in different fields (research, company, laboratory, etc.).

Segwit integration should be straight forward...Just have to pull changes from Bitcoin core. Note: I have no idea how this will break the current network Smiley

2-4 though I don't care for. I do NOT want advertisements in a wallet. It's a security concern.

Intelligent contracts - yeah maybe if this was an Ethereum fork. But it aint! Tongue

If you go forward  with Segwit integration will the next step be lightning network (when its finish)
what do you think ?
the code updates could be part of your Developer road map, apart of Croc-lo & the other things you mention some pages ago you wana do

I think lightning network is kind of ironic for our chain. On the other hand, if again it's fairly simple to merge Bitcoin's implementation...no problem.

I do not think this should be our priority though. Using CrocodileCash should be our priority.

We don't need the lightning network considering we have fast block times for mining and staking.

Maybe we should design some bumper stickers or slap on stickers for street posts at intersections and traffic light posts around the world ? Maybe throw some QR claim codes on each Wink

The INVESTBOX on yubit.net could be something we can try too, i don't really know much about it
have anyone use it ?

"Invest your free coins to InvestBox! It’s a tool for devs to promote their coins. It’s NOT Pyramid/HYIP, all payments are made from special fund.
InvestBoxes can change status from Active to «No coins», but you can close your investment any time, it’s 100% safe.
To get InvestBox Payments for BTC, ETH, DOGE, LTC, DASH, WAVES - you need to Play minimum 5 Dice Games / day at these coins."

we could look in the  Goods, Services & Gambling section of bitcointalk to see what sites we can get to start accept croc
Enticed87

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:25:33 PM

I'm still hosting the CROC website www.crocodilecash.ga although the Twitter account seems dead and needs a new one to get recent tweets.

Anyone keen to setup and maintain one ? I will add it to the website if so Smiley
currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 04:03:53 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 04:18:26 PM by currypto

I'm still hosting the CROC website www.crocodilecash.ga although the Twitter account seems dead and needs a new one to get recent tweets.

Anyone keen to setup and maintain one ? I will add it to the website if so Smiley

I wonder if there is some solution to post to Twitter, the website and a bitcointalk thread all at once. So a community manager could quickly do these things.

If someone could look around I'd appreciate it.

I need to ask also: Do we create a new thread or keep using the existing one?

We also need some sort of voting system. Is it possible to start/stop polls in a thread?

Also: We hit 400 satoshi guys :| That is crazy!

john_W

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:19:05 PM

I wonder if there is some solution to post to Twitter, the website and a bitcointalk thread all at once. So a community manager could quickly do these things.

We also need some sort of voting system. Is it possible to start/stop polls in a thread?

I guess keeping the existing thread would be good so anyone can see what have happen from day one
but you can still have a new thread for future development announcements & polls, so you keep all new info condense in one page
( you would still link the main thread for discussions ect )
currypto

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 05:53:27 PM

I guess keeping the existing thread would be good so anyone can see what have happen from day one
but you can still have a new thread for future development announcements & polls, so you keep all new info condense in one page
( you would still link the main thread for discussions ect )

Good idea.

I will make one today, and create a community multi-signature wallet where key members can give out rewards / payments. I will make it a 3-of-N wallet (N being the amount of key members who can sign), so only 3 members need to sign to move funds.

You must have contributed to CrocodileCash in some technical or monetary way in order to be a "member" of this funding wallet.

I will put up funding goals and list every line item, so we know how much to fund it. We can also discuss if a line item is over or under estimated and adjust accordingly.

We're going to do things right guys Wink

startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:49:17 PM

400 sat already was last week,  trade volume is very few, I would say it's almost dead sadly

We need do wallet update  Smiley

currypto

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 12:05:53 AM

400 sat already was last week,  trade volume is very few, I would say it's almost dead sadly

Wallet doesn't necessarily need updating. What needs to be added, or fixed?

IMO trade volume doesn't mean too much. Saying "it's almost dead" also means nothing to me because there are tons of things to do.

Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:11:21 AM

IMO trade volume doesn't mean too much. Saying "it's almost dead" also means nothing to me because there are tons of things to do.

Almost dead when we are just getting started? Makes no sense...

This is a marathon not a 100 yard dash!

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
john_W

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:21:42 AM

Trading range is 180-430

Network hash is 5T-120T

the volatility in Network the ranges is mosty because of the 1coin per block
It take time for some to come and read how the rewards block is..
but we are getting good support from small miners.

some stuff that could help with the low vol is.. getting croc on a other exchange
Tidex Listing Request
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScfs_YktlYotG-iWzoaGmZblgA_faueg8bD9WC771Bwj3fhzA/viewform
or novaexchange

the Options are there  Wink

john_W

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:24:09 AM

I think he means the high CPU used problem that was talked some pages ago
currypto

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 12:29:09 AM

I spent some of today working out a new site design on paper. The goal of the site is to help the CrocodileCash ecosystem have a central hub and explain why you would use CrocodileCash. I want investing to NOT be the emphasis of the site and the currency. I want fun and real usage to be the #1 priority.

I am going to need help with the initial creation so any web developers, please step up. I will be using a flat-file CMS system so it will be easy to push changes to the GitHub repository I create this week.

We have to work together or motivation will die.

---

As for high CPU issue, I think the only way to fix it is to increase staking time (so less staking). I couldn't find anything in particular with callgrind. Maybe some more experienced C++ developer who has profiled applications before can chime in.

john_W

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:52:24 AM

I spent some of today working out a new site design on paper. The goal of the site is to help the CrocodileCash ecosystem have a central hub and explain why you would use CrocodileCash. I want investing to NOT be the emphasis of the site and the currency. I want fun and real usage to be the #1 priority.

I am going to need help with the initial creation so any web developers, please step up. I will be using a flat-file CMS system so it will be easy to push changes to the GitHub repository I create this week.

---

As for high CPU issue, I think the only way to fix it is to increase staking time (so less staking). I couldn't find anything in particular with callgrind. Maybe some more experienced C++ developer who has profiled applications before can chime in.

Maybe @bumbacoin can help with the CPU problem, he's a wallet dev and is vers in he's coding from what i have seen from he's work
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1200970.0

i'm available for advice or help if you pm me Smiley
and will happily help with osx wallets as required.

In the web developer department we have startsts for starters, but we may need more free-lancer-help later on i guess
heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:01:33 AM

This is a marathon not a 100 yard dash!

I completely agree.  This is a very young coin and volatility in hash rate and price is to be expected at this point and only some bumps in the road ultimately.  There's that old saying that "Rome wasn't built in a day" which applies here too.

I would assert also that lulls in volume are also a time when potential buyers are making sure they have some loot available for the next round of buying and/or other financial demands. There are thousands of coins trying to carve out their niche and use-cases or otherwise justify their existence. The bulk of the volume is in coins with much larger market cap.  I'm not concerned at all about this situation; multi-signature functionality would be useful in the long-run though.

I want investing to NOT be the emphasis of the site and the currency. I want fun and real usage to be the #1 priority.

Yet  the "strength in basking" motto -- referring to CROC's 12% POS -- is one of the main characteristics of this coin (along with the lightning-fast transaction times).  To make an analogy with the investing headspace: a company that's paying that kind of dividend is usually in pretty rough straits; however, in the cryptospace you have quite a few coins paying less POS rate and you have others paying extremely high (and probably unsustainable rates that are quite likely to inflate the currency into oblivion Weimar style e.g.: https://www.amazon.com/When-Money-Dies-Devaluation-Hyperinflation/dp/1586489941/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507605365&sr=8-1&keywords=when+money+dies ) as the demand for the coin might not prove to be sustainable with such a large supply.  I think CROC is a good middle-ground; 12% is a good potential return for speculation or risk and does help set it apart.

The fun and real usage reminded me of UFO coin (I was reading about Marscoin within the last couple days and someone mentioned UFO as a joke).  Again that is just another example of the many coins that are well on their way in that direction/niche, so I think the POS should be recognized as one of the main things CROC has (as well as the difficulty mining it--which I'm beginning to appreciate somewhat more now).  

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:59:24 AM

Still HODLing my Crocs.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

I haw sold ol mai 50k CROC esterdey    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:33:20 AM

---

Id like to see if @bumbacoin would like to be part of the dev team.

I'll donate 10k croc for the dev fund... 30k croc if bumba comes on board  Grin

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
Mikanoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

Insane In The Blockchain ⚠

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 10:46:32 AM

High RAM usage is an issue too, not (just) CPU. Node is actually using 1/2 less CPU than signatumd for example.
But what is this?

BTW I also sold most CROC for 429 sat Smiley Only left some for faucet.

Mikanoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

Insane In The Blockchain ⚠

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 05:50:34 PM

Also, who can compile 1.3.8.0 win wallet? I guess it's optional, but still)

BarTab

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:20:04 PM

I'll donate 10k croc for the dev fund... 30k croc if bumba comes on board  Grin

Wow !! that is quite the gesture, why not do a weekly lottery with CROC or even design a random number/user lottery game that happens every 24 hours, 3 days, 5 days and a big one at 7 days ?

Obviously you would have to pay to play Cheesy
john_W

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:38:19 PM

I'll donate 10k croc for the dev fund... 30k croc if bumba comes on board  Grin

Wow !! that is quite the gesture, why not do a weekly lottery with CROC or even design a random number/user lottery game that happens every 24 hours, 3 days, 5 days and a big one at 7 days ?

Obviously you would have to pay to play Cheesy

I can see a lottery game be a thing, but like every 3 week.. this is to give the croc vault time to fill up  Grin

the dev donation fund is not  debatable. It need to be there to help maintain the new site & any big work that may need to be pay
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: