Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:22:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When do we stop buying Bitcoin ?  (Read 1093 times)
Chip-Dale

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:37:05 PM

Hi all, I believe all of us agree that Bitcoin value will keep rising. But with the limited supply of Bitcoin, the question is, when do we or how do we determine it is no longer profitable to buy Bitcoin ?

You will stop buy bitcoin when you will run out of your current currency.   When you will start working for BTC you will not say you buy it with your work. At least I hope so you will not.

It's never too late for me to buy bitcoin. This is my long-term investment and therefore I buy this coin whenever I have extra money. Bitcoin just started to develop and investments in it - this is a wise decision

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:49:35 PM

Hi all, I believe all of us agree that Bitcoin value will keep rising. But with the limited supply of Bitcoin, the question is, when do we or how do we determine it is no longer profitable to buy Bitcoin ?
Until there is demand for bitcoins,bitcoin price will continue to increase.Until its price rises,more and more people will continuously buy bitcoin.So its a continuous process.Unless,some tragedy happens and bitcoin starts losing its value,it will be bought.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:10:44 PM

Bitcoin is now a requirement. So it will be difficult for people not to buy bitcoin. Let alone the increasing number of enthusiasts will bitcoin even though the price of bitcoin is now soaring.
bitcoin has become very famous the concept of the bitcoin disappearance has been vanished now it is not possible to stop the growth and the journey of the bitcoin it is more popular than the other currencies so I think buying bitcoin can never be stopped because it is the need of the day it has a lot of benefits and a lot of opportunities for all kind of people.
winderx (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:38:57 AM

from what i gathered, i presume it is still relatively a safe and profitable investment in Bitcoin.
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:12:20 AM

Bitcoin price is regulated by supply and demand heats a constant rise in prices. Until the bitcoin will increase in price by more than 100% per year it will buy even if it will cost $ 100,000. You never know when to stop and not to buy bitcoin.
thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:06:19 PM

A couple months ago I had been planning on buying bitcoin as long as it was under $3000. But I just bought another $1000 of bitcoin today at over $3500. And I think I will continue buying $1000 of bitcoin each month until the end of 2018. I might stop then. But bitcoin is probably going over $100k eventually, so even buying bitcoin at $50k will be very profitable. Buying bitcoin now when it is only a few thousand dollars is the best and I would say safest investment you can make in the world right now, because there is no doubt it is going at least up to tens of thousands of dollars in the next few years.
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1196

Never selling

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:32:56 PM

When governments and banks become honest, and actually put the interests of the people over that of the corporations and elites. That is when you can stop buying it.
Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:33:33 PM

probably when bitcoin is almost crowded or use by many people .Now we are too far from it. Its not a big problem what you can do is to buy as much as you can at this moment and for sure in the future you will become rich .

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:45:11 PM

The Bitcoin inflation rate will keep on dropping with coming years and ultimately turn to negative because it has inbuilt deflation. This means that price will keep on rising year by year and hence there wouldn't be a day when you can't make profit out of Bitcoin. The only risk is if we will get some better alternative to cryptocurrency in future, then BTC might end. So, the answer Bitcoin won't be profitable if it dies.
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:05:24 PM

probably when bitcoin is almost crowded or use by many people .Now we are too far from it. Its not a big problem what you can do is to buy as much as you can at this moment and for sure in the future you will become rich .
We still can't sure the future Bitcoin will get accept from goverment or not!
Because the growth of Bitcoin after breakout high price will attractive the government of most country on the world.
Their decision can make the price of Bitcoin down or up.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:53:32 PM

Hmm i think you can stop buying bitcoin when you see that the popularity isn't as big as before, there're not many people take interest in it again and the price drops heavily?
But i don't think that's gonna happen, at least, not soon.
Bitcoin is become more promising day by day. And more people wanted to take advantage from this coin too. We can see that the price keep increasing, no matter what happen.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:30:34 PM

The limit in supply will not effect the profitability of bitcoin, in fact it will make the price of it higher because it will make the supply less while the demand the same or higher. And as long as bitcoin can be traded to altcoins, it will be profitable.
shintosai

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:46:15 PM

The limit in supply will not effect the profitability of bitcoin, in fact it will make the price of it higher because it will make the supply less while the demand the same or higher. And as long as bitcoin can be traded to altcoins, it will be profitable.
that's the market so if still there's new projects coins that will be created and this supply and demand still works well bitcoin investment
will still profitable accordingly just need to have a good advantage and knowledge on how this investment will grow.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:55:29 PM

Even all 21 million bitcoins get mined out, bitcoin prices may keep rising as long as demand for it persisting. Hence, literally it may be profitable infinitely as no one could predict when the demand may reach zero.

as long as bitcoin can be traded to altcoins, it will be profitable.
How it will be ? I guess your scenario is true for altcoins but I do not find it fixes for bitcoins too. Probably I could not get your point. But one thing is sure that trading is not inducing the actual demand but trading is just based on real time demands.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
severaldetails

Activity: 959

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:11:01 PM

I think that bitcoin will keep rising.
Many of those who have bitcoin consider it as an investment. Some even want to save it for retirement.
Those people will not sell quickly. The supply is limited, so the price increses.
And because you can divide one bitcoin into 100 million satoshis, everybody can invest small amounts in bitcoin.
You just get a smaller fraction of one bitcoin for it. But this smaller fraction can increase its price as well!
Nobody has to sell his home just to be part of the bitcoin community. That's one big advantage of bitcoin!
hangar18

Activity: 676

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:41:58 PM

In my opinion if in future Bitcoin very famous and have a huge number use it, the community will find other way for improve the total supply coin.
So the reason make Bitcoin increasing not by limit in supply, just the profit from altcoin market attractive many investor.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:43:45 PM

same as "when do you stop buying new celphones"  Grin

but seriously, as long as you want it you buy it... if you are no longer interested with it then stop buying.
"PROFITABLE" depends in every individual, some may say its still profitable while others think it is no longer profitable.

my conlusion: YOU determine when would YOU stop buying bitcoin.  Cool
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:05:46 PM

The only thing that would stop people from buying bitcoin is only if its no longer available to be accessed which can only happen in the case of shut down of the internet or the hacking of the entire blockchain which will then destroy everything we have come to believe as the backbone of bitcoin. But currently, those things I listed are not possible, then I guess we all need to still live with the current situation as it is now.
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:08:49 PM

same as "when do you stop buying new celphones"  Grin

but seriously, as long as you want it you buy it... if you are no longer interested with it then stop buying.
"PROFITABLE" depends in every individual, some may say its still profitable while others think it is no longer profitable.

my conlusion: YOU determine when would YOU stop buying bitcoin.  Cool

It's not about how we determine when to stop buying, but you can check the coin capacity of the token you are holding. You can check the actual situation of the crypto currency in the marketcap website so you actually see the market status of the token, and it served as your reference on when to stop or continue buying your asset for a certain token. Now you can decide to hold your tokens for a long term plan and sell when price reaches the top price of market sell value.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:26:35 PM

The only thing that would stop people from buying bitcoin is only if its no longer available to be accessed which can only happen in the case of shut down of the internet or the hacking of the entire blockchain which will then destroy everything we have come to believe as the backbone of bitcoin. But currently, those things I listed are not possible, then I guess we all need to still live with the current situation as it is now.
I agree, they will not stop into buying as of now it keep rising the price. And, as long there is demand and supporters of bitcoin it will going to soaring high the value. Partly, if there is something wrong with the blockchain and hacking of the system it will somehow affect the entire system. But let us think it will not happen and think on a positive note that until today bitcoin indeed is in demand that people keep buying just to earn profit in the future.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: