Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:53:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: keep calm and buy the dips...  (Read 1975 times)
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:06:08 AM

I don't understand why you are saying it is in a dip right now. It is pretty much the highest it has ever been! It just went up over 20% last week and you don't think another dip is possible?

I think the dip that the OP is saying is that after reaching a new ATH at around $3500, the price suddenly go down to $3350 so there is around 1% dip. So this is a perfect time for other who has already missed the boat buying at $2000 when bitcoin crash or dip a few weeks ago. The rationale being if you will wait for a dip before buying, and then when there is a dip you don't buy, then you have may missed opportunity to profit even if is just a cent or dust amount. A profit is a profit. No matter how small it is.

Well, a profit is a profit. True, but if that is the kind of dip that investors are waiting before they buy BTC, I think it is not really worth it. 1%? What is the probability that it dips rather than increases in value? That's not even 50-50. The probability is that it will surge. So buying anytime right now is really a wise decision.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 10:13:23 AM

I don't understand why you are saying it is in a dip right now. It is pretty much the highest it has ever been! It just went up over 20% last week and you don't think another dip is possible?

I think the dip that the OP is saying is that after reaching a new ATH at around $3500, the price suddenly go down to $3350 so there is around 1% dip. So this is a perfect time for other who has already missed the boat buying at $2000 when bitcoin crash or dip a few weeks ago. The rationale being if you will wait for a dip before buying, and then when there is a dip you don't buy, then you have may missed opportunity to profit even if is just a cent or dust amount. A profit is a profit. No matter how small it is.

Well, a profit is a profit. True, but if that is the kind of dip that investors are waiting before they buy BTC, I think it is not really worth it. 1%? What is the probability that it dips rather than increases in value? That's not even 50-50. The probability is that it will surge. So buying anytime right now is really a wise decision.

the highest price on bitstamp was $3490 and the lowest it got after it was the next day when price dipped down to $3178 and now back up above $3400 and that is nearly 9% profit in about 2 days give or take.

and it is like a $300 discount! i wouldn't call that "small"

--looking for signature--
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:21:41 AM

I don't think that blindly buying the dips is the best idea you can have.

The issue with buying dips as soon as they appear is that you never know how it is going to go. Obviously in the long run bitcoin is likely just going to keep going up, but since speculation is a short term thing rather than a long term thing, it's not going to work.

What i would do is wait till everyone is just full on talking smack about bitcoin, saying that it's no use, it's a ponzi and whatever else. That's probably the lowest you can get in a dip, things can't really go any worse from that point on.

I'm by no means saying that buying dips as they appear is bad. It is infinitely better than buying when everyone is hyping about something, it's just not the best. It's probably best to analyse the whole picture before acting.

Smiley
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:27:05 AM

I dont know why I am smiling now.
But I really love the way you summarize it. Now newbies will have a clue to what they will do and that is thanks to you. A good tip.
But now it is at $3391 at preev so maybe I will wait for that $3100 price before I will buy them.
The dollars are waiting at the other line.  Grin
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:46:22 AM

I don't think that blindly buying the dips is the best idea you can have.

The issue with buying dips as soon as they appear is that you never know how it is going to go. Obviously in the long run bitcoin is likely just going to keep going up, but since speculation is a short term thing rather than a long term thing, it's not going to work.

What i would do is wait till everyone is just full on talking smack about bitcoin, saying that it's no use, it's a ponzi and whatever else. That's probably the lowest you can get in a dip, things can't really go any worse from that point on.

I'm by no means saying that buying dips as they appear is bad. It is infinitely better than buying when everyone is hyping about something, it's just not the best. It's probably best to analyse the whole picture before acting.

The point at which decision is to be made as to buying or not is what differentiates who will make more profit and who will lose. The market is there and the swings is expected but for a newbie he/ she will have difficulty being ruled by emotions without understanding the reason why there is an increase in price or dip in price. As a golden rule for me, buy only when you can afford to lose irrespective of the direction and sell when you are comfortable with the price at the time and not because of the uncertainty or panics.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:30:42 PM

5 months ago price went up above $1250 people started saying "will it come down so we can buy" then it came down to $800-$900 and i told them This is the dip to buy in

3 months ago again price went up from $1400 to $2755 and a lot of people were asking "is it a good time to buy bitcoin, will it come down to buy?" then there was a dip $1850 on 26 and 27 of May. and i told them This is the dip to buy in
you can see one of the topics here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1933765.0

now price once again went up to $3500 and people are again asking "will it come down so we can buy".
i tell you again the dip is happening again. you had a chance of buying at $3100 and anything now is a good buy price, buy before you regret it.
This is the dip to buy in

so which one will you be? someone who buys before it is too late or someone who regrets and buys when it is too late?
That’s one problem with people, they keep asking questions like “should I buy bitcoin now?” “is this a good time?”, and price is going up… “omg, Bitcoin is for the rich people, not for the poor”… “will the price come down?”…tick tick tick, and the price is still going up.

They won’t do things when they’ve got the opportunity, they keep wasting it. Some people are crazy I swear, especially those asking if bitcoin is for the rich. Do it whenever you think it’s right to do it. Even back when the price was $250, some people were asking if it’s the right time. Keep asking, and let the serious ones keep making money.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:49:01 PM

But I really love the way you summarize it. Now newbies will have a clue to what they will do and that is thanks to you. A good tip.
But now it is at $3391 at preev so maybe I will wait for that $3100 price before I will buy them.
The thing is are they need to wait for the dip of the price before buying it? As the current price is being rising the value and I can feel it will continue to rise indeed. It is hard for the newbie being mandated by the emotions as to when at what time they can buy. But gladly a tip that could help to a newbie or anyone, the good thing to do is buy at what you can afford to risks and willing to earn in the future.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 12:57:39 AM

The thing is are they need to wait for the dip of the price before buying it? As the current price is being rising the value and I can feel it will continue to rise indeed. It is hard for the newbie being mandated by the emotions as to when at what time they can buy. But gladly a tip that could help to a newbie or anyone, the good thing to do is buy at what you can afford to risks and willing to earn in the future.

There is no way anyone can predict the market directions accurately. The best way to start investing is to start buying in a small amount when you decided to invest in any product instead of waiting for the prices to come down. Because when you wait for the prices to come down then you may miss the chance to enter the market, but if you start investing in small amount then you will get a best average price of an item over the time. I suggest never wait for prices to come down instead just start immediately otherwise you may just need to wait for ever.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:57:39 AM

This thread was started with there is a dip. If there are newbies reading and thinking to buy bitcoin, they should have make their moved already otherwise if they are waiting for another correction, it will not be realized today as the price is going strong. If they bought a little then good, because you are on the road of profiting in bitcoin already. If you again, waited then you have already missed it because the price soar again at $3700 and might touch $4000 in he next weeks or so because of Segwit activation.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:10:56 AM

I have been doing this for years now and started at $400. I have managed to triple my initial investment, every year and I am trading risk free for years now. < None of my own money, only profits from trading the dip > I would say timing is everything. You have to be able to spot the turning point and if you can do that early enough, you will maximize your profits.

Learn to spot the turn and you will be successful. ^smile^

Wow you're well experience sir when it comes to this. i wish I could learn the art of timing.
I also believe in that too that timing is everything, and all will follows. I also think that we should trust out guts when trading. If we feel like this is the day to buy, then is it. It's really hard to tell when it will happen, just be dont too greedy, maybe lets be like chinese, its okay to profit a little than lose your investment. Quick return of investment versus slow return.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
Pepito Manaloto

Activity: 377
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:04:32 AM

5 months ago price went up above $1250 people started saying "will it come down so we can buy" then it came down to $800-$900 and i told them This is the dip to buy in

3 months ago again price went up from $1400 to $2755 and a lot of people were asking "is it a good time to buy bitcoin, will it come down to buy?" then there was a dip $1850 on 26 and 27 of May. and i told them This is the dip to buy in
you can see one of the topics here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1933765.0

now price once again went up to $3500 and people are again asking "will it come down so we can buy".
i tell you again the dip is happening again. you had a chance of buying at $3100 and anything now is a good buy price, buy before you regret it.

so which one will you be? someone who buys before it is too late or someone who regrets and buys when it is too late?
I think it will be better if you'll buy now than waiting for the dip. It's just the same because the pumps are continuous. The price of Bitcoin is insanely increaseing after the fork. If you'll buy now, you will surely gain profit because it will be increasing and will go skyrocket at the end of this year. Pumps now are bigger than the dumps, would probably recommend to buy now if you want to assure that you'll have something in return from your investments.

RoommateAgreement (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:45:04 AM

I think it will be better if you'll buy now than waiting for the dip. It's just the same because the pumps are continuous. The price of Bitcoin is insanely increaseing after the fork. If you'll buy now, you will surely gain profit because it will be increasing and will go skyrocket at the end of this year. Pumps now are bigger than the dumps, would probably recommend to buy now if you want to assure that you'll have something in return from your investments.

maybe i need to rethink my choice of words, people seem to misinterpret my words a lot (English is my second language, so that may be it) Roll Eyes

i never said "wait" for the dip. i said buy by that time which was actually the dip to buy bitcoin in. and you need to look at it from the eyes of a newcommer.
you and i agree that bitcoin price will be higher even if it drops in short term. but someone new will see his investment shrink, that is why it is best for them to make their first purchase at least in a dip (the time i started this topic) so that they have a low chance of disapointment.

Buying the dip...
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:48:25 AM

The dollars are waiting at the other line.  Grin
Yes its obvious that anyone will want to buy a lower price, now if someone just saw the price shoot up by $200-300 he is going to think it's an bubble and we'll 'let's buy after it burst'. But the thing is this almost never happens, I have always had this thinking that buy while you still can. You can still get today for only $3500 what if in more 6 months $3500 would like like $1000 of yesterday.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:02:40 AM

If we look at the past 10 days after the 1 St Aug event we will know that Btc price has being rising daily . There is no such fall but it being targeting to reach 4k it seems . So any dips in the market will be a good buying opportunity with the 6 months target to reach 5k. So as per your risk appetite one can keep buying smaller qty at small dips .
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:12:22 AM

maybe i need to rethink my choice of words, people seem to misinterpret my words a lot (English is my second language, so that may be it) Roll Eyes

i never said "wait" for the dip. i said buy by that time which was actually the dip to buy bitcoin in. and you need to look at it from the eyes of a newcommer.
you and i agree that bitcoin price will be higher even if it drops in short term. but someone new will see his investment shrink, that is why it is best for them to make their first purchase at least in a dip (the time i started this topic) so that they have a low chance of disapointment.
The main problem of new cryptocurrency investors is panic selling. Cryptocurrencies specially Bitcoin has a track record of growing up with some short terms ups and downs. Dip in Bitcoin price should always be used for buying more instead of dumping it with loss. Bitcoin gradually scales up everytime after a dip and never fails to give the best returns.
3DesTeam

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

3DES - Slicing as fast as possible

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 04:30:49 AM

Yeah straight up, the number one way to make money in crypto is buy dips and sell high. Or HODL, then you will profit guaranteed.
there are no any guarantees here) It's better to sell 50% on x2 profit (or 33% on x3 and etc).

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:58:05 AM

This is a great strategy for the people who want to invest in a good and stable coin and they also want a long term investment. Buying from dips is a great strategy to buy cheaper rate of coins and you can easily sell it in the next weeks because the price of that coin is already at the dip and then it can easily go to a high price or average price.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:16:24 AM

Well, I think I ll be focusing on alts from now on. It s much easier to make money on alt which costs $1 and increases to $2 as compared to $4k BTC going to $8k. People, buy some alts!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
bell70

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:05:13 AM

The price of bitcoin has been surging in recent months ,Good for those who have some.
most of them  are calling for it go even higher.but for those who Haven't bought yet

should learn more about Bitcoin.Don´t look at the price all day, that leads to nothing.
paragoncoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 09:27:07 AM

that's the truth! couldn't agree more! the only thing I would add is dollar cost average to balance the volatility!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: