Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:44:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets get WorldCoin WDC on an Exchange (E-Mail Campaign)  (Read 3645 times)
nerdcustoms

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 12:05:15 AM

I'm not sure this is an issue that should be forced. Exchanges will want this coin on their own, possibly even without being bribed. I'm confident this coin will speak for it's self.

+1 why is everyone in a hurry to get it on an exchange. Too soon will just turn it into a pumNdump.  Give it at least a week, if not two.

*Image Removed*
Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=202142
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 12:06:42 AM

at the rate I am selling I could care less if it hits an exchange lol
erk

Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 01:31:46 AM

I'm not sure this is an issue that should be forced. Exchanges will want this coin on their own, possibly even without being bribed. I'm confident this coin will speak for it's self.

+1 why is everyone in a hurry to get it on an exchange. Too soon will just turn it into a pumNdump.  Give it at least a week, if not two.

There is no other function for a coin than trade.

PeeJWeeJ

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 01:36:28 AM

Or...we could wait a few weeks and let the anticipation/adoption grow so when it gets put on an exchange it doesn't fall into a pit like FTC and CHC.

Unlike many of the alt-coins as of late, this coin may actually have potential. Let's give it a chance to grow and diversify it's ownership before it gets dumped on.

You can always exchange coins, that's what wallets are for. If we kept it that way for a bit, maybe people wouldn't be in such a hurry to sell immediately after it gets on an exchange.
erk

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 01:38:42 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2013, 02:29:35 AM by erk

Or...we could wait a few weeks and let the anticipation/adoption grow so when it gets put on an exchange it doesn't fall into a pit like FTC and CHC.

Unlike many of the alt-coins as of late, this coin may actually have potential. Let's give it a chance to grow and diversify it's ownership before it gets dumped on.
No, the people that want to wait don't want competition mining from the attention going on an exchange creates, it's purely a selfish motive, not for the adoption of the coin. They want to mine a larger stash whilst it's easier, before it's listed that's all.
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:24:57 AM

This kind makes sense. However, without a stable and safe trading platform, it is not good for the adoption of this coin either.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
BitJohn

Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:28:21 AM

agree with both of you
tyler26

Activity: 148

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:31:14 AM

Going to send my emails now, I really hope they get into the exchange.
erk

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:52:18 AM

At the moment you cant expect much for a WDC coin,  as it takes little difficulty to mine, that will change over the next month, however, a coin has no value until it's actually trading, the value is calculated historically by recording what price it traded for, it is not calculated in advance. 

If the devs make WDC work properly by introducing a thin client to deal with the rapid block chain growth, then I see WDC getting very popular, ultimately replacing LTC.

503guy

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:02:02 AM

There isn't even a block explorer and you want it on the exchange already?

erk

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:53:03 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2013, 07:11:15 AM by erk

Are the two things even related, or are you simply trying to convince people that one depends on the other?

WDC block explorer is here BTW. http://wdc.a-df.net:2750/chain/Worldcoin
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:01:04 AM

Are the two things even related, or are you simply trying to convince people that one depends on the other?

It seems logical to get a block explorer up first. Adds some credibility to the coin if anything.
Twerka

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:02:33 AM

At the moment you cant expect much for a WDC coin,  as it takes little difficulty to mine, that will change over the next month, however, a coin has no value until it's actually trading, the value is calculated historically by recording what price it traded for, it is not calculated in advance. 

If the devs make WDC work properly by introducing a thin client to deal with the rapid block chain growth, then I see WDC getting very popular, ultimately replacing LTC.

The value of the coin is given for business accepting WDC as payment. If tomorrow you can get a 7950 for say 1000 WDC, then there is the value: 1000WDC = AMD card.
No others currencies involved, no dolar involved.

Exchanges are for speculators, and they need a "price" (not value) to buy and sell and get the profit.

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
erk

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:20:35 AM

The value of the coin is given for business accepting WDC as payment. If tomorrow you can get a 7950 for say 1000 WDC, then there is the value: 1000WDC = AMD card.

Exchanges are for speculators, and they need a "price" (not value) to buy and sell and get the profit.

Nonsense, If I want to buy a 7950 and the merchant will only accept USD or BTC I need and exchange and that's that. Nothing to do with speculators.

thisnewcoin

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:44:26 AM

definitely agree what stated here.

●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Twerka

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:48:32 AM

Nonsense, If I want to buy a 7950 and the merchant will only accept USD or BTC I need and exchange and that's that. Nothing to do with speculators.

That is why: "The value of the coin is given for business accepting WDC as payment." Right now USD and BTC are more valuable because that merchant accept them as pay method.
If he accept WDC too, then the value of WDC is bigger.

All of this without knowing it's real price.

I'm selling a Metro2033 game at 163WDC. If you ask me how much in dollars or BTC I tell you, don't know, I'm selling for WDC.
1 Metro game = 163WDC
The value is known, the price is not.

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
erk

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:49:19 AM

That is why: "The value of the coin is given for business accepting WDC as payment." Right now USD and BTC are more valuable because that merchant accept them as pay method.
If he accept WDC too, then the value of WDC is bigger.

All of this without knowing it's real price.

The world buys products all the time from merchants that only accept their local currency, this is why currency exchangers exist, crypto is no different. It is totally naive to assume a merchant needs to accept a particular currency. If I jump in a local taxi and try to pay in USD or BTC or even WDC he will kick me out, I have to use an exchange to obtain local currency first, and that in no way undervalues the currencies I do hold, with the exception of the small conversion fee.

thisnewcoin

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:15:37 PM

we really need WDC goes to exchange, too many scattered trading threads

sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:36:29 PM

quite a lot of trading going on already... imo its time to for a real exchange to adopt it
fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:33:16 PM

quite a lot of trading going on already... imo its time to for a real exchange to adopt it

Yes absolute agree. Need a stable and safe platform for trading! Like Btc-e.com or bter.com
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: