Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:45:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sapphire Nitro+ 580 8gb Hynix mem Issue with stock and modded GPUs  (Read 828 times)
ferol (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:55:30 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2017, 02:12:35 PM by ferol

Hello guys! I am having a serious issues with all my new Sapphire rigs, I am using this mod on my GPUs and they reach high speeds but I cant mine for more than a few seconds, even at speeds of 23-26 Mh/s (I cant even mine with stock settings and never-modded-GPUs).

I am using Win 10 pro (UEFI) up to date,
Biostar TB250 BTC (updated),
Processor i3 7100,
8gb Ram 2400mhz,
1200 watts for 6x Nitro+ 580 8gb Hynix mem (I have the same issue even with a single gpu connected),
Also tried drivers ver 17.5.2 and latest ver. without mod.

Most of the times I get the THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER and TDR Blue screen problem, or the ataidlxx.dll issue.
Also tried DDUing and reinstalling the mixed driver over and over.
Always using Claymore DM 9.8.
Already increased the virtual memory to 16gb.
Processor temp is always nice and cold.

I am really running out of ideas here and I really need your help guys...

Bitrated user: folivo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ferol (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:04:08 PM

Is it normal to have crashes while trying to mine with unmodded GPUs and at stock settings?

B-MoneyXcan

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

B Money Prepaid Mastercard bmoney.io

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 03:35:56 PM

Don't use mixed drivers. The latest 500 series drivers are good enough. The driver mix was an older necessity
B-MoneyXcan

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

B Money Prepaid Mastercard bmoney.io

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 03:40:00 PM

also instead of using someone else's rom just go to CryptoMined youtube page.. find a vid for a bios mod, get the correct link for the correct version of polarisbioseditor, then just copy the 1:1750 to the 1:2000 and the 2:1750 to the 2:2000 and 2:2250. This should get your Nitro's at 28mh and pulse's at 25mh. Be sure to backup your original bios with atiwinflash

happy mining
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:38:47 PM

also instead of using someone else's rom just go to CryptoMined youtube page.. find a vid for a bios mod, get the correct link for the correct version of polarisbioseditor, then just copy the 1:1750 to the 1:2000 and the 2:1750 to the 2:2000 and 2:2250. This should get your Nitro's at 28mh and pulse's at 25mh. Be sure to backup your original bios with atiwinflash

happy mining

The 1750 strap is only for cards with Samsung memory. I have a Sapphire RX 580 4GB Pulse with Hynix memory. With the 1500 strap copied down from both sets of timings together with 1150 MH/s core clock and 2075 MH/s memory clock, it does  28 MH/s on ETH and 880 MH/s on Decred dual mining.
ferol (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:47:43 PM

Thanks for your reply's guys, Ive been having such a bad time with these new gen cards... Ive only gotten to work like 1 out of 8 miners because of this problem, and I feel like Ive damaged so many cards without trying anything extraordinary.

Ive built several 390 and 470/480 rigs before so I am even more clueless about what might be happening here...

**********UPDATE
. Here is what Ive tried so far:

HDD: Ive changed the SSD and reinstalled Windows

Risers: Switched and tested.

MOBO: Updated BIOS, swapped and tested, Biostar TB250. *******I can see a red box, on Biostar's CPU compatibility list, with the warning: "Please update system BIOS before upgrade your processor (CPU) to avoid system failure". Do you guys think it is possible to damaged a motherboard/GPU by using a Kaby Lake processor (i3 7100)? Even if it was only a few minutes before updating BIOS?

PSU: Gone from 1200 watts to 2x650w.

RAM: Tested 2400mhz and 3000mhz 8gb RAM kits.

Drivers ver: Ive tried driver versions: 17.7.2, and mixed drivers for 17.5.2

Virtual memory: 16000 to 32000 mb

Windows 10: PRO 64 bits, even tried installing every update available.

Polaris Bios Editor: I've been using the same Bios editor as Cryptomined and many other youtubers.

MOD: I used the already tested mod created by BuriedOne Blockchain youtuber (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiPCwJV_ryM) and for the rest of the 4gb cards, Ive been using the 1625 and up mod as I think its less aggressive than the 1500 and up one.

BIOS: Ive tried stock settings for the bios and a tweaked version with HD audio disabled, all PCIE ports set to 2g... By the way, I even get the computer frozen while on bios sometimes, I mean, how and what am I doing wrong?Huh

After modding the cards, I usually lose the capability to enter bios, when started, it runs directly to Windows and it gets impossible to work with 6 gpus, its like GPUs start getting progressively deteriorated after the MOD  Huh Huh Huh Huh Sad Cry

coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:38:04 PM

You have 6 gpus and 1200 watt psu. Although you have tried other bioses, have you tried testing your system by connecting 5 gpu at a time? You say "you can only mine for a few moments and system crash", with stock clocks/no mods: Each gpu may pull around 200 watts from wall, your system should use 60 watts at best bet, therefore it might be a power resource issue. If you have a power supply with more watts, you may want to test your system with that or make sure that you modify your gpus correctly.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:46:44 PM

I have set up 50 boards of Asrock H81 PRO BTC with the same exact cards as you are having, with Hynix Memory and they could not be overclocked through MSI Afterburner but only after downloading the bios mod.

What I can suggest you since you see THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER, it is a driver problem and not a GPU or motherboard problem.

Here is what I did , completely uninstalled the existing driver with DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller,google it) it will do a thorough uninstall. Restart your PC and download the latest version from official website of ATI, keep the virtual memory both min and max 16384 MB (16GB) , install the drivers and I am sure you will have no more problems.

Since it worked on Asrock H81 PRO BTC should work also on B250 TB BTC as the motherboards are the same , have the exact same layout.

You can try Nicehash as a last resource.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
ferol (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:10:08 PM

You have 6 gpus and 1200 watt psu. Although you have tried other bioses, have you tried testing your system by connecting 5 gpu at a time? You say "you can only mine for a few moments and system crash", with stock clocks/no mods: Each gpu may pull around 200 watts from wall, your system should use 60 watts at best bet, therefore it might be a power resource issue. If you have a power supply with more watts, you may want to test your system with that or make sure that you modify your gpus correctly.

Hi! Yes, I have been thinking about that, I have already mined with 5 to 6 unmodded gpus, consuming around 100-115 watts per card, and everything seemed to be working fine, anyway, the main problem comes in when I mod the graphic cards and try to get them all to work, thats when I start losing access to bios, constant restarts, during windows loading, during bios, mining, etc.

Yesterday I tried a pair of sapphires nitro+ 570 8gb that went from 21 to 24 mhs after mod (I was soo disappointed), but somehow looks like they all are damaged, tried them on this different system and it allowed me to enter bios but i could never load windows because of restarts.

I also tried resetting bios aand reflashing it, and it only allowed me to enter bios with any different card than the used on the rig.

Soo many more random issues than the Rx 4xx's  Cry   I used to build 2 and 3 rigs a day, now I get stuck in the same rig for days! I know that's not normal at all...

ferol (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:29:47 PM

I have set up 50 boards of Asrock H81 PRO BTC with the same exact cards as you are having, with Hynix Memory and they could not be overclocked through MSI Afterburner but only after downloading the bios mod.

What I can suggest you since you see THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER, it is a driver problem and not a GPU or motherboard problem.

Here is what I did , completely uninstalled the existing driver with DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller,google it) it will do a thorough uninstall. Restart your PC and download the latest version from official website of ATI, keep the virtual memory both min and max 16384 MB (16GB) , install the drivers and I am sure you will have no more problems.

Since it worked on Asrock H81 PRO BTC should work also on B250 TB BTC as the motherboards are the same , have the exact same layout.

I have also built several rigs with Asrock H81 Pro BTC mobos but I always used a different CPU since they use socket 1150. I want to believe this mobo is a great mobo for mining just as the H81 Pro BTC, and that is why I am also concerned about how harmful could it be for the mobo and gpu to run the system with the i3 3.9 ghz kaby lake CPU before updating the bios.

1151   Intel Core i3 Processor   * 7100   QL38   3.9GHz      51W
*Please update system BIOS before upgrade your processor (CPU) to avoid system failure

Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:26:50 PM

I have also built several rigs with Asrock H81 Pro BTC mobos but I always used a different CPU since they use socket 1150. I want to believe this mobo is a great mobo for mining just as the H81 Pro BTC, and that is why I am also concerned about how harmful could it be for the mobo and gpu to run the system with the i3 3.9 ghz kaby lake CPU before updating the bios.

1151   Intel Core i3 Processor   * 7100   QL38   3.9GHz      51W
*Please update system BIOS before upgrade your processor (CPU) to avoid system failure

Since you say you only kept it running for very few minutes I am reading in other forums it has not done any harm. Once you have updated the BIOS everything should be running as it should. Do NOT run the seven gen processor in a readily made for gen six, you need to update the BIOS before, but you said you already did it.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █