Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:04:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying NiceHash Power and invest it to pool (difficulty question)  (Read 1137 times)
KronkorkenCoinz (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:42:32 PM

Hello Miners and Traders out there Wink
My Name is Paul and I'm new to the Crypto-World (just a few months) and I have a question (I really hope my english is not too bad):

Short:
How can I set up MultiPool.us with SHA-256 in an NiceHash-Order (buying Hashing-Power) correctly?

Long: I tried it by my self to get a feeling about buying Hashing-Power und Pools, so making profit was'nt my primary goal (but long term of course Cheesy).
So 1. try: I buyed SHA-256 Hashing-Power, limited it to 50 TH/s (less is not possible) and set my MultiPool.us Pool as followed: "eu.multipool/8888/UserName.1/x" (Server/Port/UserName/Password).
My order was "confirmed" and after a few minutes my order got some power (1 TH/s), but after a few minutes my order died (dead order), after a few minutes my order got some power again and so on, so the most of the time my order was dead with the error "Disconnected. Pool Difficulty too low" or "Disconnected. Pool Difficulty too low for high speed". So I tried to set the difficulty at the MultiPool worker settings, but this did'nt work (MultiPool says the value will be ignored for BitCoin). If the MultiPool was BitCoin mining my Order died the most of the time, DigiByte for example was okay (maybe better difficulty?). I canceled the order (I could'nt cancel my order while the order were dead, I had to wait till order "lived" again, why?) After this I saw the pool verificator, so I tested my pool settings and NiceHash gave me an error (the pool had increment the difficulty ONE time, the pool should increase the difficulty as long till the difficulty is okay, isn't it?)

So 2. try: I buyed SHA-256 Hashing-Power, limited it to 50 TH/s and set my MergeMining.com Pool as followed: "mergemining.com/9332/UserName+65535/x" (Server/Port/UserName/Password), with "+65535" in the UserName you can set up the fixed difficulty, 65535 was the minimum value which was shown by NiceHash (when I created the pool). The Pool Verificator gave me a "ok" with these settings. But the order was dead in 99,99% of the time (the order lived sometimes for 1-2 seconds), error the same as 1. try. In the order I saw my UserName like this "UserName 65535", so the + was missing, maybe NiceHash removed it for the order?! So i canceld again and payed my "learning money".

So NiceHash supports MultiPool (see supported pools at NiceHash Homepage), but how can I use the pool? There are no working settings for SHA-256 difficulty (with BitCoin).
I want to try MergedMining (the Service, not specialy the pool Smiley) NiceHash supports MultiPool but dies everytime because MultiPool has "false" difficulty settings :/ Are there any other good pools for NiceHash which support MergedMining? Ah and how does the difficulty work? There are Coin Mining-Difficulty (for BitCoin for example it is fixed for 14 Days [less or more]), Network-Difficulty and Share-Difficulty or something?
So I know the Coin Difficulty and know how to use it / calculate with it, but what are the other difficulties? It seems it has something to to with the Hashing-Power, more Power = Higher Difficulty?

I hope you can help me a bit, have big thanks in advance.

PS: I asked the same questions in the german forum, if this is a problem I can delete the german thread, I hoped here are more people who can help Wink

Greetings
Paul

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pakal

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:10:06 PM

Wish I could help, but I am in your SAME EXACT situation. I sent messages to multipool and posted on the Slush thread as well.
Let's see is someone can help.
P_
KronkorkenCoinz (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:05:44 AM

Thanks Pakal. So no one has a idea Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: