Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:43:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitbay.net scam?  (Read 1268 times)
digitaltrader (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:43:31 PM

Hello, Today I deposit a few ETH to Bitbay.net but there is no sign of my deposit even after reaching 200 confirmations. When I go to my wallet it shows ETH balance as 0 and pending balance as 0 as well. Anyone used bitbay.net and have any experience? are they scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:04:29 PM

Hello, Today I deposit a few ETH to Bitbay.net but there is no sign of my deposit even after reaching 200 confirmations. When I go to my wallet it shows ETH balance as 0 and pending balance as 0 as well. Anyone used bitbay.net and have any experience? are they scam?

Are you 100% positive that you sent to the correct address?

Regardless, there have been a couple of posts here and across the web about bitbay being a scam. Take a look at this one bitcointalk thread from 2014: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=858921.0

Take a look at this reddit thread as well, it appears that a lot of people have tagged this site as a scam. https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/4hcldx/do_not_sign_up_or_use_bitbay/

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
digitaltrader (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:38:26 PM

@player514 - I'm 200% sure the address is correct. I have saved all the screenshots and etherscan is showing that the ETH has reached the wallet, however, when I log in to my account there is zero ETH balance, as well as zero under pending deposit. It's almost 3 hours now.

Also, the links you sent me somehow don't make any sense because I'm talking about polish Bitcoin exchange, link: bitbay.net

I tried to call their phone numbers but there is no answer, submitted a support ticket, messaged them on their twitter account - no answer. I don't know what's going on and feeling worried.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:54:26 PM

@player514 - I'm 200% sure the address is correct. I have saved all the screenshots and etherscan is showing that the ETH has reached the wallet, however, when I log in to my account there is zero ETH balance, as well as zero under pending deposit. It's almost 3 hours now.

Also, the links you sent me somehow don't make any sense because I'm talking about polish Bitcoin exchange, link: bitbay.net

I tried to call their phone numbers but there is no answer, submitted a support ticket, messaged them on their twitter account - no answer. I don't know what's going on and feeling worried.

Gotcha. Sorry about the previous reply then.

However, just judging off of how you're not getting responses to a phone call, a support ticket, and a Twitter dm, I would not be surprised if this is a scam. Other websites would generally concern themselves with their users and such...

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
digitaltrader (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:08:30 PM

Are you sure? Because these guys are listed in coinmarketcap (that's how I found them). They also claim that they have a physical office in Poland and local users have the choice to verify their accounts by visiting their office. Before opening my account, I had a chat with the live chat support and everything looked legit in every way. They also have their own debit card. In short, I was fully satisfied and sent some Ether there and here comes the problem!! Maybe I will wait till it's morning in Poland and if I still don't get any response then I will ask a friend in Poland to file a police complaint. I would like to know if there is anyone who used this exchange and has any knowledge about these guys?
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 12:05:43 PM

Firstly, like what he said I would recommend rechecking the address by finding your transaction ID and then checking the address, letter by letter and number by number. How much ETH was it by the way, if you deposited a bunch, they might have just turned scam on you.

Looking at how your not getting any response from support or any thing, I would just recommend spamming heaps of support tickets if it is a lot of money. Well, I guess you have learned your lesson, trade and buy stuff on more reputable websites.
BitBay*

Activity: 440
Merit: 115

Zonda BTC, LTC , USD Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 01:17:51 PM

We would like to strongly deny that BitBay.net is a scam site. We are a credible cryptocurrency exchange and trading platform, operating since 2014 and having over 200 000 users worldwide. We have been reviewed by various media https://bitbay.net/press-about-us.

If you have any problems, please contact us via
- contact form - https://bitbay.net/contact
- Hotline: +48 801 066 392
- Cell phones: +48 32 493 13 15   
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 08:29:09 PM

Please use the appropriate format when creating threads in this section:
What happened::

Scammers Profile Link:

Reference Link:
Amount Scammed:
Payment Method:
Proof of Payment:
PM/Chat Logs:
Additional Notes:

For the time being I won't do anything and hope that this gets resolved soon:

We would like to strongly deny that BitBay.net is a scam site. We are a credible cryptocurrency exchange and trading platform, operating since 2014 and having over 200 000 users worldwide. We have been reviewed by various media https://bitbay.net/press-about-us.

If you have any problems, please contact us via
- contact form - https://bitbay.net/contact
- Hotline: +48 801 066 392
- Cell phones: +48 32 493 13 15   

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
digitaltrader (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:19:22 AM

Sorry for reporting back late. I was able to get in touch with Bitbay later on that day via their live chat support and my ETH was instantly credited to my account once I reported the issue. I got a bit scared because this was my first time using them and I sent around 7 ETH, so not a very small money either. Now I see they have published a notification on their homepage regarding possible delays with ETH deposits, which is a good move, especially for first-time users.

They are not a Scam exchange and I'm happy to close this dispute.
BitBay*

Activity: 440
Merit: 115

Zonda BTC, LTC , USD Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 09:11:06 AM

Sorry for reporting back late. I was able to get in touch with Bitbay later on that day via their live chat support and my ETH was instantly credited to my account once I reported the issue. I got a bit scared because this was my first time using them and I sent around 7 ETH, so not a very small money either. Now I see they have published a notification on their homepage regarding possible delays with ETH deposits, which is a good move, especially for first-time users.

They are not a Scam exchange and I'm happy to close this dispute.

Thank you very much. We are happy that we were able to help you Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: