Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:56:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FILECOIN, biggest ico ever!  (Read 24063 times)
xx-man

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:04:52 PM

It does look like it will have a huge price drop once it hits exchanges. The phrase "biggest ICO ever" just rings alarm bells with me these days.

Totally agree with you. Don't believe ICOs because you can use just your fingers to count the successful ones. Even after ICO ends this coin will probably be in development for years

You are right for that, if you want to invest in Altcoin, you have to invest the existing and registered in the market, because this is already seen and there is no big risk to you, unlike you invest in ICO, because ICO is not necessarily certain, Delay to register their coins once ICO is done.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KRAUSS

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:08:28 AM

What is the difference between Filecoin and Storj??
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:33:08 PM

So, I just looked at filecoin website and they're selling one filecoin for $5? they have 2 billions. I tried to purchase but they were asking for w2 and what not so I stayed away. I don't know, it looks too expensive. may be it's right to wait till it hits exchange.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Antivoid

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:46:22 PM

its a great project with great ambition since i heard it, so even it ahs a very high cap and strict limit to invest, there are so many people participate in, but i think it may not has a good performance in the price
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:54:42 PM

XTRABYTES has just one of its functions storage which i'm sure will be more secure and scalable that this. People will lose money on this....just not the filecoin 'innovators' lol
quarkyplum

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:51:17 PM

its a great project with great ambition since i heard it, so even it ahs a very high cap and strict limit to invest, there are so many people participate in, but i think it may not has a good performance in the price
Yes, the trait of cryptocurrency and ICO token are need have small marketcap in first time, special with ICO project like Filecoin, do not need have a huge money for development storage ... Maybe like Razer, they need a huge money for helps them start project about smartphone.
cryptoisdafuture

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:52:50 AM

How is it different from Siacoin assuming they actually implement it?
TheyCalledMeDab

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:30:48 AM

FileCoin is for Accredited investor meaning for the bigboys to play, and the normal average Joe will never be in the ICO unless they earn 200K a year..So when it hit exchanges the average Joe, people like us will be the suckers that supports this and make the big Boys even richer, they got in for about $0.5 to $0.75 cents per share, so if this is a success sooner or later more strict ICO protocols will be underway ....soon gonna be like the stockmarket where the bigboys profit huge and we will get the breadcrumbs...
TheyCalledMeDab

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:35:16 AM

And Crypto is suppose to be the playground for the average Joe, well it started with the average Joe...and soon the crypto world gonna be swarmed by all these big Boys, where they got the ico at a cheap price and we the average Joe will FOMO and keep buying once it hit exchanges, and make the big boys even richer.....hmmmm...fcuk File Coin, they wont get my support for sure.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 05:38:18 AM

How is it different from Siacoin assuming they actually implement it?

is not infact instead of supporting this shit, better support sia or storj
pendekar cinta

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:50:37 AM

I really like the coins you offer today hopefully can create a lot of influence for the participants with many advantages going forward and at least able to change the economic life for the better by creating a more calm atmosphere in carrying out everyday activities.

NerdYale

Activity: 276

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:25:30 PM

It is just a new brand ico, and we all know what always happens with icos, they just booom and suddenly they dump because all the investors withdrawed their money, because they bought on pre-ico.
So if you are gonna invest in something like this, better to join at the begining, not when the big whales have left.

Truly right.  The best plan to earn from emerging icos is to join in the beginning,  observe the coin rise and when it is starting to drop,  sell all your stock and forget about it.

sheld0n

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:24:33 AM

Blockchain data storage network Filecoin has officially completed its initial coin offering (ICO), raising more than $257 million over a month of activity.

Filecoin's ICO, which began on August 10, quickly garnered millions in investment via CoinList, a joint project between Filecoin developer Protocol Labs and startup investment platform AngelList. That launch day was notable both for the large influx of purchases of Simple Agreements for Future Tokens, or SAFTs (effectively claims on tokens once the Filecoin network goes live), as well as the technology issues that quickly sprouted as accredited investors swamped the CoinList website.

Today, the ICO ended with approximately $205.8 million raised, a figure that adds to the $52 million collected in a presale that included Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures, among others.

Just awesome. Congratulations to the teams and everyone who was able to pick some tokens up.
coinfinder000

Activity: 350

Swipe

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:31:45 AM

Blockchain data storage network Filecoin has officially completed its initial coin offering (ICO), raising more than $257 million over a month of activity.

Filecoin's ICO, which began on August 10, quickly garnered millions in investment via CoinList, a joint project between Filecoin developer Protocol Labs and startup investment platform AngelList. That launch day was notable both for the large influx of purchases of Simple Agreements for Future Tokens, or SAFTs (effectively claims on tokens once the Filecoin network goes live), as well as the technology issues that quickly sprouted as accredited investors swamped the CoinList website.

Today, the ICO ended with approximately $205.8 million raised, a figure that adds to the $52 million collected in a presale that included Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures, among others.

Just awesome. Congratulations to the teams and everyone who was able to pick some tokens up.

The biggest ico for now . I also want to know the difference between storj and filecoin .I missed the ico , but it doesn't matter ,i think the price will be lower than ico price after it's listed on exchanges.That's the right time to get some filecoins.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
GazorpPozorpec

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:00:52 PM

This is the biggest ico for the moment. I think also that this is a very good and promising project!

╔◎      TwitterBounty ┃   [WHITEPAPER]MediumFacebook      ◎╗
╠══════════◎════◎════◎    LeadRex    ◎════◎════◎═══════════╣
╚◎       RedditTelegram[ANN Thread]YoutubeLinkedin       ◎╝
cryptoisdafuture

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:38:10 AM

I am waiting for them to launch their product, I will invest when I see a product. Too many coins without a product. Their whitepaper sounds very good though
RTT314

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:35:08 AM

Hey guys.

I have completely read both the IPFS and Filecoin whitepapers but this part is still not clear to me.

For what projects can Filecoin be used? I think the encryption of the files and the fact that you have to pay with Filecoin for each download limits the possible applications of the technology tremendously. How will it be possible to host a website, videos, anything when the end-user has to pay in Filecoins on top of the fee for the service itself?

Nobody will want to go through the hassle.

Please note that I do not refer to the applications of IPFS since that is a lot more clear. I refer to Filecoin only.

If any of the actual developers could come by I would be very grateful.

Thank you and have a nice day, RTT314
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:40:13 AM

What was the price of the ICO?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
cryptoisdafuture

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:17:43 AM

Does anyone know what's happening with the product? There was a lot of hype for sure regarding this one.
template

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:10:25 PM

When siacoin is ready why use this  Huh
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: