Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:47:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For fun (everywhere): ‘Buy Bitcoin’ Sign  (Read 327 times)
nasibakar (OP)

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:21:08 PM

I just read news & it may be a very good and funny marketing:
Shall we or everyone bring ‘Buy Bitcoin’ Sign for fun  Grin

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sign-appears-during-dota-international-tournament

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:31:04 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sign-appears-during-dota-international-tournament
It is a very good thing to see a buy bitcoin sign out of nowhere on televised international programs because it raises awareness of people about bitcoin. Though it may seem fun, it is not advisable to do this all the time after all, it might be rude to do this kind of act on a televised event that has absolutely nothing to do with technology. Either way, the way how the audience in that dota tournament advertised bitcoin is good since dots uses and accepts bitcoins.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:56:24 PM

Since there is very little advertising for Bitcoin, it's not a bad idea to post fliers around although I don't know if it would make much of a difference.

About the only publicity Bitcoin gets is a few articles on the internet and the occasional mention on financial shows when the price of Bitcoin hits a new high.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3837

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:18:26 PM

I couldn't find a picture of it, but he has his wallet address behind his sign as shown on the livestream, so pretty much we know what his intentions were, to monetize from the publicity hes getting.

I'm very active in the DOTA2 community, and I've read multiple posts about that guy with the "Buy Bitcoin" sign. You thought he would get praise like the guy who first did the publicity stunt during Fed Chair Janet Yellen's testimony right? Wrong. Most of the replies I've read on the Dota2 subreddit towards this guy were negative. So yes, even though people from the cryptocurrency community might be celebrating what he did, we're actually getting a bad rap from people outside our community. Which is the exact opposite of what we wanted to achieve.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Rodon

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:20:37 PM

I think a new meme is born. Good idea, I will glue one to my window so that people passing in front of it see it and probably learn for the first time about Bitcoin.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:36:48 PM

I couldn't find a picture of it, but he has his wallet address behind his sign as shown on the livestream, so pretty much we know what his intentions were, to monetize from the publicity hes getting.

I'm very active in the DOTA2 community, and I've read multiple posts about that guy with the "Buy Bitcoin" sign. You thought he would get praise like the guy who first did the publicity stunt during Fed Chair Janet Yellen's testimony right? Wrong. Most of the replies I've read on the Dota2 subreddit towards this guy were negative. So yes, even though people from the cryptocurrency community might be celebrating what he did, we're actually getting a bad rap from people outside our community. Which is the exact opposite of what we wanted to achieve.

If the DOTA2 community is hating, that's their problem. All publicity is good publicity. Getting Bitcoin out there in big masses of public is always a good idea. It doesn't matter if some people hate it. When I first heard about Bitcoin, it was on Zerohedge and you know what most people in the comment section have been bashing Bitcoin since day 1 because they are hardcore gold bugs and hate Bitcoin. After reading on it myself, I knew that all the haters were wrong, and got involved.

There's always people like me that will ignore the haters and think for themselves, and thanks to that now I have made a lot more gains than all these goldbugs still on denial about Bitcoin.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 02:47:59 PM

We should not do it for fun, we should do it for real! Everyone should buy bitcoin. And the more we make it regular conversation and not just mentioned in association with theft or ransom tge more it will become accepted by the masses.

It's on us to spread the word that will grow adoption!
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:50:57 PM

nice Grin next time i go to some big events that live on tv i will bring "Bitcoin for Life"

we need to spread the words everywhere, we shall make peoples curious about bitcoin, maybe it becomes a joke at first, but it will effect so much later

nasibakar (OP)

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:42:06 PM

There are many point of view here.
I think it may be rude to push it too hard but I take the meme idea.

I will probably design a sticker or a sort of banner about this Buy Bitcoin.
I ll place it on my car and some of my property,..... I ll try to get the meme idea for fun (and not to push it too hard).

Probably a tshirt design,..... it may be used for free. I ll try to make a design Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: