Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:00:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-06-06 dailyreckoning.com.au - Getting to Ground Zero in Crypto-Commerce  (Read 955 times)
David M (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 09:24:54 PM

http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/getting-to-ground-zero-in-crypto-commerce-with-bitcoin/2013/06/05/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:41:22 PM

Nice piece. Not surprising - the author is Jeffrey Tucker. The North American edition of DR hasn't (yet) carried it though. Good to see this coming from Australia where much of the recent press coverage has been negative (government must crack down) blather.

Bask in the closer:

"And what are they working toward? The goal is simple: to build a better currency as a means to a better world. There is a beautiful idealism at work here, the kind of thing that people look for from charities and universities. Actually, the world of commerce on this level represents an embodiment of this idealism.

Crazy? Yes. Crazy enough to change the world."
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:22:28 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 12:34:09 AM by marcus_of_augustus

I move that Jeffrey Tucker be made the new CEO of The Bitcoin Foundation ... his appreciation of the soul of the movement, the obstacles and various facets of the ideals at play is second to not many, imho.

It was at this point that it finally struck me: This is not a currency only, or even mainly, for the rich tech world; it is a currency for the world's poor, who are desperately trying to become part of the global division of labor.

These kinds of insights are rare and profound ... the depth of a digital monetary revolution can not be underestimated. There are forces of economy that will be unleashed that are barely understood.

GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:31:38 AM

this is one sweet ass article!

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 08:05:14 AM

I knew once the Austrians came on board we'd have a whole new wave of eloquent intellectual firepower. Some of them really understand natural/emergent order, which is what Bitcoin is all about.  I can't wait until Woods and Murphy start fully into the fray.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:23:53 PM

I move that Jeffrey Tucker be made the new CEO of The Bitcoin Foundation ... his appreciation of the soul of the movement, the obstacles and various facets of the ideals at play is second to not many, imho.

It was at this point that it finally struck me: This is not a currency only, or even mainly, for the rich tech world; it is a currency for the world's poor, who are desperately trying to become part of the global division of labor.

These kinds of insights are rare and profound ... the depth of a digital monetary revolution can not be underestimated. There are forces of economy that will be unleashed that are barely understood.

that's actually a pretty good idea.  i second the motion.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:40:56 PM

that's actually a pretty good idea.  i second the motion.
It's an awesome idea.
BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:40:26 PM

I knew once the Austrians came on board we'd have a whole new wave of eloquent intellectual firepower. Some of them really understand natural/emergent order, which is what Bitcoin is all about.  I can't wait until Woods and Murphy start fully into the fray.
Woods has been with us (tentatively, but happily) for months now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi2WgeJ73IE

I wish he'd add bitcoin training to his many training courses...

Tucker is already a senior fellow of the Bitcoin Education Project!

He don't need no steenkin' Foundation! Wink

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: