Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:11:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: World War III and BTC  (Read 7424 times)
chalidore

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:18:21 AM

Countries don't start wars, bankers do. Remember, there is nothing more lucrative to a bank than a war. World War III will be started by bankers. The countries participating are just pieces on the board.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pisces

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:22:33 AM

Here's a question for you all, then:

If WWIII does begin - with the West/EU pitted against the East/Eurasia - where would you recommend taking your wealth (gold, silver, bitcoin wallets, litecoin wallets, etc.) and going to, for safety?  Where do you think would be a stable locale for yourself and your family to work and make a living while the world blows itself apart?

PS: Wheee, my first post here!  Grin
biliteen

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:35:54 AM

I don't know where you live, but there certainly are none of them here.
bitbeg

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:36:46 AM

When and if total war happens, I'm looking for weapons, ammo, protective gear, and a boat...not bitcoins, or any currency, or even gold (unless I can make bullets out of it).
Pisces

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:24:21 AM

I don't know where you live, but there certainly are none of them here.

I live in the USA.  I would think that midwest, low population states like Wyoming and Montana would be one of few places "safe" from the effects of a third global war?  Where do you live?

When and if total war happens, I'm looking for weapons, ammo, protective gear, and a boat...not bitcoins, or any currency, or even gold (unless I can make bullets out of it).

With these materials, how would you intend to feed and clothe yourself + the family you are protecting (if you don't have children, let's include your elderly parents, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc)?  I would think it would be easier to find a quiet place in the world to farm/sharecrop, work, trade, etc. while the various nation-states fight it out. 

Back to my original question: where to go in the event of WWIII if one would like to stay out of the crossfire?
bitbeg

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:37:19 AM

With these materials, how would you intend to feed and clothe yourself + the family you are protecting (if you don't have children, let's include your elderly parents, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc)?  I would think it would be easier to find a quiet place in the world to farm/sharecrop, work, trade, etc. while the various nation-states fight it out. 

Back to my original question: where to go in the event of WWIII if one would like to stay out of the crossfire?

Sorry, I should have added that I would take along some basic tools to build and hunt with. I would also look for a place with an abundance of freshwater rivers and lakes and get the hell out of dodge (high density population centers).

It wouldn't be a solo effort, but my family is quite small. The goal would be to get as far away from people as possible and live in a completely self-sustaining way. Money of any sort would be completely unnecessary and I imagine Bitcoins would still be inedible at that point. The weapons would be for protection against any chance encounters with 'the bad guys'.

stash

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

btcmy.net

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 01:41:05 AM

Bitcoins will be my last attempt when WWIII exploded. Here real thing we shoud have.

1. Gold
2. Clean Water
3. Land for farming
4. Livestock
5. Bow and horses

Tehtarik Fund : 1KxyB3iauJzLvDnZuchekGkB2D7p4UMvuq
BTCitcoin : Mathematical Logic to Eliminate Human Greed
ammo88

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 11:23:00 AM

So the basic thrust of your arguement is US forces had self-exploding tanks, bombers who could not hit a beach, and generally incompetent leadership.  I believe you also ranted about WWI helmets, ugly casualty rates, fire bombing of cities, atomic weapons and fearsome enemies flying bamboo airplanes.

So, if the US forces were as incompetent as described why do the WWII nations of  Germany, Italy, Japan and USSR no longer exist?

Seems to me that despite all the faults, failures and just plain incompetence that you have so carefully located, the US soldier, sailor, airman and Marine simply kicked ass.  Something about being willing to say "NUTS".

So my question still remains.  

Why should the US protect Europe, Japan, Taiwan or Korea?  Why should the US protect the Middle East oil fields when the majority of that product goes to Europe, Japan, and China?  What does the US care if heating oil prices in Europe skyrocket?

If you really think the US is going to get involved in your WW3 scenarios, you better explain why the US will be interested.

Actually if oil prices in Europe skyrocketed due to being cut off for example the american based oil producers would simply prioritize selling to Europe. Free market and all that so of course they will sell where they get the most profit. Its also fun how you always expect that everyone wants your help and you base that on WW2.... when the whole world had to band together against Germany.... Which is in Europe.... And is currently a much nicer country then America ever was.... I honestly dont see a problem with the Atlantic Ocean being between us right now. Could perhaps have been wider but one can dream.

I gave you ample evidence on Americas lack of morals, leadership, preparedness, priorities, realistic view point and training. The fact that you exist and X country dont has nothing to do with your "greatness" and you just claiming it is outright childish. A country does not need to be successful or unique in any way to persist. Cant you see how silly you are going "haha we lived longer then youuuu"?

You claim that Germany, Italy and Japan does no longer exist? They are far greater now then they ever were. Who do you think is leading the world in stuff like Technology, economy and social development? Who the heck needs oil when we get our electricity from green energy combined with nuclear power plants?

I believe USA will be the one to START WW3. No one else seams to bother except some arab countries that have not had peace since they invented the stick.

^This.
+1

Of course you are right. Germany and Japan is HUGE when it comes to technology.

I fear that my country of Sweden would take side with US when the time of war comes... since we no longer have the military resources to defend ourselves, we kind of have to take side with SOMEONE. I don't want any part of that stuff so I'd probably just travel 1100 miles north and go back to basics!

Bitcoins will be my last attempt when WWIII exploded. Here real thing we shoud have.

1. Gold
2. Clean Water
3. Land for farming
4. Livestock
5. Bow and horses

LOL why no.1 is Gold? You gonna make nice gold necklaces for your eventually starved-to-death body ? ^^

I mean, there would be better imho to prioritize food and water. Points 2-5 is what I'd care about. Bling-bling can wait.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:19:58 PM

Countries don't start wars, bankers do. Remember, there is nothing more lucrative to a bank than a war. World War III will be started by bankers. The countries participating are just pieces on the board.

banks don't have standing armies. only governments have those. a government is like a giant robot death machine available for rent to the highest bidder. not so unexpectedly the highest bidder is often a banker. Eliminating banks wouldn't address this problem though. If you still have the robot death machine it will simply be piloted by the next highest bidder. The way to address this problem is not to persecute bankers, they would serve a useful function in a free society, but rather to not create the giant robot death machine to begin with.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
btc237ftw (OP)

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:24:08 PM

I opened this discussion on the General discussion area, if you guys want to read more and/or post replies there:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=210850.0
ning

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:39:56 PM

WWIII has always been happening -- in the financial world.
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:46:30 PM

No there wont be ww3
1bettor.com

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 06:17:59 PM

No there wont be ww3

Quite optimistic!
masterblaster

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:54:05 PM

With WWIII on the menu you have to realize that whoever survives will be much better off than before, in terms of physical wealth. In terms of infrastructure there will be terrible consequences rendering all wealth relatively useless.
WBlaylock

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:28:27 AM

banks don't have standing armies. only governments have those. a government is like a giant robot death machine available for rent to the highest bidder. not so unexpectedly the highest bidder is often a banker. Eliminating banks wouldn't address this problem though. If you still have the robot death machine it will simply be piloted by the next highest bidder. The way to address this problem is not to persecute bankers, they would serve a useful function in a free society, but rather to not create the giant robot death machine to begin with.
+1
icoins

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:47:19 AM

How about drying up the money supply for the banks before anything worse happens. Deal in bitcoins and exclude the bank(st)ers! I suggest a social review system on top of bitcoin transactions. For example verification of bitcoin addresses you are dealing with. Follow the good trail of commerce! Military has to get paid, they won't go to war for nothing so they won't follow the bankers without them having the money (press) anymore. With all the money spent for the bankers and for the military we already could/would have paradise on earth. It's already there, but the satanists are preventing it. Sad. Ok we could question what was first, religious extremism or bankers. That's another problem to discuss and it seems there are not only materialistic problems to solve here on earth. I hope money can some day be a thing of the past, and before we could invent intermediary forms of money that inherently spread love and wealth amongst humanity. Be inventive!
teriroll

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:03:22 PM

And lets not forget that there's nuclear weapons in every part of the land and the sea, many of which we do not know the whereabouts
JKWong

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:04:40 PM

And lets not forget that there's nuclear weapons in every part of the land and the sea, many of which we do not know the whereabouts

exactly . i am surprised i am still alive Lips sealed
grimholt

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:48:59 PM

If WWIII takes place in my lifetime I'll definitely try to get as far away as I possibly can. Far into the wilderness. My goal would be to have a small, self-sustained society.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
TomUnderSea

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:47:09 PM

So the basic thrust of your arguement is US forces had self-exploding tanks, bombers who could not hit a beach, and generally incompetent leadership.  I believe you also ranted about WWI helmets, ugly casualty rates, fire bombing of cities, atomic weapons and fearsome enemies flying bamboo airplanes.

So, if the US forces were as incompetent as described why do the WWII nations of  Germany, Italy, Japan and USSR no longer exist?

Seems to me that despite all the faults, failures and just plain incompetence that you have so carefully located, the US soldier, sailor, airman and Marine simply kicked ass.  Something about being willing to say "NUTS".

So my question still remains.  

Why should the US protect Europe, Japan, Taiwan or Korea?  Why should the US protect the Middle East oil fields when the majority of that product goes to Europe, Japan, and China?  What does the US care if heating oil prices in Europe skyrocket?

If you really think the US is going to get involved in your WW3 scenarios, you better explain why the US will be interested.

Actually if oil prices in Europe skyrocketed due to being cut off for example the american based oil producers would simply prioritize selling to Europe. Free market and all that so of course they will sell where they get the most profit. Its also fun how you always expect that everyone wants your help and you base that on WW2.... when the whole world had to band together against Germany.... Which is in Europe.... And is currently a much nicer country then America ever was.... I honestly dont see a problem with the Atlantic Ocean being between us right now. Could perhaps have been wider but one can dream.

I gave you ample evidence on Americas lack of morals, leadership, preparedness, priorities, realistic view point and training. The fact that you exist and X country dont has nothing to do with your "greatness" and you just claiming it is outright childish. A country does not need to be successful or unique in any way to persist. Cant you see how silly you are going "haha we lived longer then youuuu"?

You claim that Germany, Italy and Japan does no longer exist? They are far greater now then they ever were. Who do you think is leading the world in stuff like Technology, economy and social development? Who the heck needs oil when we get our electricity from green energy combined with nuclear power plants?

I believe USA will be the one to START WW3. No one else seams to bother except some arab countries that have not had peace since they invented the stick.

The Germany, Italy and Japan that started WW2 no longer exist.  What we now call Germany, Italy and Japan exist by the efforts of those Americans whose morals, leadership, preparedness, priorities, realistic viewpoint and training you question.

Yes, I have been in Germany, Italy and Japan.  The US funded reconstruction did wonders.  The US funded protection from encroaching powers provided an opportunity for these nations become strong again.  If you really want to see the value the US provided to those nations, take a wander through, East Germany, Czech, Slovak, Poland and Hungary.  (Yes, I have.)  There you will see what happened when the morally bankrupt, incompetent, etc Americans were not around to make it all better.

Your fear that the US will start WW3 is, IMHO, unfounded.  Historically, the US is an isolationist country with strong internal pressures to disarm.  You pointed that out quite correctly with your observations regarding exploding tanks, crappy equipment and poor training.  If the US were intent on conquering the world, we would be paying a little more attention to the military forces needed.  Right now, in fact, the US military is downsizing.  Our nuclear weapon stockpiles are being reduced.  Our manning levels in all the services are being cut.  Now, I am sure you can come up with some way that points to the US getting ready for WW3. 

BTW, I am delighted that you take such joy in using the peaceful nuclear technology developed by your friends, the Americans. As someone who spent my first years as an adult operating a nuclear reactor, I have always felt we have not benefited enough from that technology.

Back on topic, bitcoin will only be useful post WW3 if there is enough of the internet left to serve all those who want to use bitcoin.  Since we have not yet reached agreement on what WW3 would look like, it is foolish to attempt to answer the question.

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: