Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:06:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018: US brokers, banks and crypto currencies  (Read 92 times)
ViktorMoon (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:36:41 AM

Hello Everyone!

I think the future prices of cryptos will depend on how wide the adoption will be in 2018. Will the US brokers recommend to their clients crypto as a choice of investment to get their brokerage fee?

If the Goldman Sachs rumor is true, then is it means that bank customers can trade crypto?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-21/goldman-is-said-to-be-building-a-cryptocurrency-trading-desk

Even if brokers don't recommend cryptos, maybe the average investor will force his broker to help him invest in crypto?

In my experience when you say people: "Choose stock market rather than FOREX, because it's somewhat easier to make money!" Regardless, people still go with FOREX and trade with high margins.

Maybe, even if only the trader type people will ask the banks to have a trading platform for them, then the prices are still going up.

These are my thoughts, and I think it's important to be clear with this inorder to invest in Bitcoin now. Will the greedy brokers and banks sell crypto stuff just because its trendy and they can make big money selling?  If Banks hate crypto, then they should not do anything, but what if some bank refuse and other offers crypto services? People interested in crypto will go to the bank that supports crypto currencies and tokens.

What do you guys think? Also, will there be new crypto currencies next year with rapidly increasing popularity?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:04:06 AM

First of all it depends on the cryptomarket. People will hardly ask their brokers to switch to cryptos when there will be a bullish market. It is a smart (and obvious) move to integrate cryptos to banks, at least they will flow with the general trend of innovations but it still doesn't seem like a breakthrough. The recently added bitcoin futures were a good news but after they were released there was not that much hype around them. I expect the same here in a short term.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:07:06 AM

I want cryptocurrency adoption,but not adoption from the banks and brokers.With this kind of adoption,the bubble will grow more and more and bitcoin will remain only as a digital gold.I want adoption from real online businesses,even offline "brick&mortar" type of companies.This way,the cryptocurrencies will become really usefull for the people and not just a speculative tool for the traders.

arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:38:17 AM

A time is going to come that we are going to have wide adoption and it might happen in 2018 or 2019. In USA, cryptocurrencies is fast developing and I believe that is why some of they leaders are not saying much against bitcoin like leaders in other countries. Brokarege firms are going to embrace cryptocurrencies with full force and as CME has listed it I believe many of this like is going to follow suit. May the God of heaven keep us till those days and we should keep on holding our coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: