Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:47:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie - Investing in BTC/ETH  (Read 1794 times)
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:38:37 PM

Investing in BTC would not be wise before 31st July actually, just wait and see how the market reacts and then invest on the last date of this month as it will recover hard in August. If you want to invest in ETH, it's a good choice as many bitcoiners are shifting to ETH due to its speed and smart contracts specialties and it will gain much value in the future. Even purchasing it atm and keeping until Bitcoin rises against USD is a great option.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kriptotr

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:52:34 PM

Now is not the time to buy BTC, but for ETH i guess. Prices of both coins might drop in couple of days or week, and after August 1st that's the only time we can surely predict what will happen.
BTC will come down shortly, more safely buy BTC. I am worried about ETH, lately there is a lot of fishing they have lost this Coin. This affects the ETH price. That's just my prediction.

I don't think anyone can tell what will happen after 1st of August. If decided to invest money in the crypto market then I suggest don't wait but start buying in small quantity in regular intervals so that you will get a best average price. Because after 1st August if prices suddenly go up then you may not be buying it so buy some now and later some more.
My strategy for the situation in present is split my funds to 3-5 parts, use 30% for buying at now, 30% depend after August 1st and 40% keep safe money by withdraw to FIAT or holding Bitcoin in cold wallet. Because from August 1st maybe have HardFork Bitcoin and very risk if still holding Bitcoin on exchange
Good move, this strategy is worth imitating. All exchangers have warned "do not transact Bitcoin". Very risky.
Hope this is solved with soft fork. So everyone will enjoy bitcoin.

User agreement and soft fork will cope with this current issues with bitcoin, don't worry about it. The worst things is that we will lose some time while waiting the bitcoin get fixed, the rest will be promising.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:34:10 PM

Hello all,

I'm new to this and have started learning about the characteristics of bitcoin, how to mine it and the pros and cons of it. Although I have learnt the basics of mining, I personally don't plan on doing it as simply put I do not have the resources to do so. So rather than mining, I am looking into purchasing BTC through localbitcoins then transferring it to my Electrum wallet.

My questions are: (some of these have been answered in older threads but I just want to be reassured please)
- Would you advise on purchasing BTC now before August 1st?
- Is it advisable to use Electrum to store the coins? I have encrypted it and written my seed on paper.
- Would you say, in your opinion, ETH would be a good investment?

I only plan on purchasing a small amount of BTC (3-4) to start with.

If you have any books (or articles) you'd like to share that'd be a good read, please do share!

Thanks,
Makkie

If you're looking to start with 3-4 BTC, you do have the resources for mining. You could setup a GPU mining rig for under 2 BTC to mine ethereum and alts although I wouldn't recommend it given the current profitability.

Good luck with your investment.  You can always split your purchase into smaller amounts to hedge yourself with the outcome of August 1st.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:04:35 AM

Wait a bit longer, price will most likely go down in the future.

Electrum is a great wallet.

You can, probably, buy ethereum at a much lower price than todays.

When people say we are in a 'bear market' it will be the time for you to buy bitcoin and ethereum, don't fear missing out, follow the market and you'll find a good entry price.
That's totally right mate!, take all the chance for you to buy bitcoin/altcoin during this period of time. Because in the end you won't regret it dude. Especially, those two had their own projection by the bitcoin/altcoin experts that they will both gonna go up this year up to next year
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:12:43 AM

Wait a bit longer, price will most likely go down in the future.

Electrum is a great wallet.

You can, probably, buy ethereum at a much lower price than todays.

When people say we are in a 'bear market' it will be the time for you to buy bitcoin and ethereum, don't fear missing out, follow the market and you'll find a good entry price.
That's totally right mate!, take all the chance for you to buy bitcoin/altcoin during this period of time. Because in the end you won't regret it dude. Especially, those two had their own projection by the bitcoin/altcoin experts that they will both gonna go up this year up to next year
I suggest to buy bitcoin, because there's a huge possibility to raised up their price into $4000-$5000 before end of this year. So this is the right time to buy more stocks of bitcoin and keep it into wallet.
Moreover, the potential of bitcoin as crytocurrencies was limitless. Some altcoins wants to achieve the position of bitcoin but no one can steal it.
thebigtalk

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin and co.

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:20:14 AM

My questions are: (some of these have been answered in older threads but I just want to be reassured please)
- Would you advise on purchasing BTC now before August 1st?
- Is it advisable to use Electrum to store the coins? I have encrypted it and written my seed on paper.
- Would you say, in your opinion, ETH would be a good investment?

1. I really hoped you made a purchase before August 1. If yes, then you just boarded the right train.

2. Yes but I would recommend trezor bitcoin wallet to keep it really safe.

3. ETH is a good investment yes.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:41:03 AM

For you would ask me i would start a bit smaller so i will invest in ETH and just wait then sell then if i want i will buy BTC from the profit from the ETH. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: