Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:25:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28361 times)
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:54:31 PM

but if you don't know what you're doing you're better off just buying a coin you like and holding and forgetting about it for months/years.

It's very difficult to completely forget about whatever asset you invest in when you're highly involved in that specific market. One way or another, you will always end up finding out what the price is doing. If you can't just leave your investment aside without touching it, and especially if you don't know what you're doing, then you're better off not investing at all. Blindly trading or investing always ends up with losses in the long term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:58:33 PM

Day trading are quickies where you get small to huge profits within few mins to hours. These are always good if you have time and patience and are passionate about it. If you are then you can manage to earn big amounts of profits with these. This is job of people who are completely focused on it. If you want to go for long term investment then let know one thing, you have to accept all the risk and lots of patience to continue. This is because you can not just leave the trade with huge money on stakes in long term investment. So its better to choose one of the option wisely.

Simss

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:46:48 PM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

I do both, I use some of my funds to do short-term trading and some of my remaining funds hodl for the next few months to reach my target sell.
besada

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:13:05 PM

but if you don't know what you're doing you're better off just buying a coin you like and holding and forgetting about it for months/years.

It's very difficult to completely forget about whatever asset you invest in when you're highly involved in that specific market. One way or another, you will always end up finding out what the price is doing. If you can't just leave your investment aside without touching it, and especially if you don't know what you're doing, then you're better off not investing at all. Blindly trading or investing always ends up with losses in the long term.

I see what you mean, if you're asking the question whether to trade or hold, then you're the sort of person who will end up checking the price anyway. But there are other people who just buy bitcoin and then check back a couple of times a year. I know people who do this. But I suppose with alts it's different, especially if they're smaller more volatile alts that could just turn to $0.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:21:24 PM

Daytrading is worth it if you have a very efficient trading bot or are capable of creating one. Otherwise HODL and perhaps swing trade the bigger movements a bit. Day trading is not worth the amount of effort that goes into it.
amaral1977

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:45:54 PM

Daytrading envolves lot´s of knowlegde and skills. It´s very time consuming and stressfull. Also, you need to know when to get out in a loss before it´s to big and when to get profit without getting greedy. That said, if one as doubts about his skills to daytrade the best is to choose a medium to long time hold in most of it´portfolio, and a small part that he is willing to loose to daytradetrade, playaround and learn the skills.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:46:34 PM

If you really want to see your profits right away like some people who can't wait then you go for day trading but if you don't want to monitor your trading and would prefer longer days or month or even years so you could really see the difference then you should go for long term trading.
The type of trading varies person to person. It depends usually on the nature of the trader. If he is lacking patience and is hell impatient to enjoy the profit, he should put his hands into day trading. But if things are otherwise, then long term trading is the best option because it produces much higher profits than day trading.
Heyyyrenz

Activity: 308
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:47:49 AM

You can both earn in that kind of strategy the thing is that the holding is more profitable why?

We all know that holding is one of the key to have a successful in earning profit from cryptocurrency world therefore if you hold you coin you will have an assurance that the coin is going to increase the value. The disadvantage of Holding is that you will need to wait a long time in order for you to earn a big profit.

NOTE: make sure you invest at the right coin
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:20:22 AM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

I think day trading is very risky. You can't control the market, but there are some "groups" that can influence it a lot, and you can't really predict what they are doing. At least I can't. I prefer holding, since right now, even if you don't know what you are doing, you should be able to get a profit, since most coins are just getting there price increased overtime.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

bangjoe

Activity: 1386
Merit: 674

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:59:19 AM

I think day trading is very risky. You can't control the market, but there are some "groups" that can influence it a lot, and you can't really predict what they are doing. At least I can't. I prefer holding, since right now, even if you don't know what you are doing, you should be able to get a profit, since most coins are just getting there price increased overtime.

Daily speculators are better because we can immediately take advantage of that moment, unlike hodl at some point because the price can go down anytime and we can only reduce losses, better keep working actively.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:33:14 AM

It's depends on the coins for me and both is profitable when you know the trends of coin which you want to trade.
For example: if you think coin(1) have more potential bright in the future then buy it and hold it.
If you think coin(2) have short time popularity, do a day trade, usually such a coin will rise suddenly then dump quickly, don't lose the train.
In a nutshell, your skill is determine your trade activity.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1018

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:46:59 AM

I go only for hodling technique because checking prices anytime do really stress me out and its not really my type which i see its somehow complicated for me but there are people who can able to manage these kind of trading habits which they do really make money on movements of prices of altcoin or even on bitcoin which is really great but im sure its really hard to do such thing.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:10:52 AM

I prefer long-term investments and holding. But it's not necessary to choose one of the 2 options: sometimes it is useful to combine both approaches, like many people have already mentioned it in this thread. It is very much about what you want and about what works well for you at the moment. There is no best strategy.
I find day trade more stressful, personally. But if you can cope with it on a daily basis - why not do it?  Smiley
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:29:23 PM

I prefer long-term investments and holding. But it's not necessary to choose one of the 2 options: sometimes it is useful to combine both approaches, like many people have already mentioned it in this thread. It is very much about what you want and about what works well for you at the moment. There is no best strategy.
I find day trade more stressful, personally. But if you can cope with it on a daily basis - why not do it?  Smiley

Yes, it you could combined the 2 then it will very profitable to you. Just put enough money in bitcoin as investment and hold it for long term. Then have funds for your day trading activity. So at least you enjoy the best of both worlds. Your daily trading returns can be used to make more money like re-investing or putting up a small business up front. So diversify, as we often see people preached here.
bitcub

Activity: 951

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 02:04:39 PM

You can always "day trade" to Forex. But in crypto, day trading is not always applicable specially if theres a Bitcoin correction. And theres no guarantee you can always make a daily profit. In crypto you need to HODL as earnings takes days.

Linuld

Activity: 473

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:21:46 PM

You can always "day trade" to Forex. But in crypto, day trading is not always applicable specially if theres a Bitcoin correction. And theres no guarantee you can always make a daily profit. In crypto you need to HODL as earnings takes days.
Except for bitcoin, we can not do day trading with other altcoins. Becasue except this Bitcoin no other coin price will have this much high fluctuation. But to do Bitcoin trading, you require huge investment small amount is not worth to do Bitcoin trading. If you have small amount coin better hold it for a long time this is a good idea.
seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:09:43 PM

I'm contemplating expanding my holding and stop day trading totally. In any case, I very much like day trading as it enables me to keep a track on the cost and furthermore makes some extremely intriguing opportunities.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:20:58 PM

Agreed, it's quite risky, if we do not have too much experience and skill, we are easy to fall into the trap, even if we are a very experienced person, we can not be sure of safety in day trading and the profitability of day trading is also not to be said to be too high. Better that we should still hold and wait, it will be safer for us and the profit we can get will also be pretty good, sometimes the profits are higher than the day trading a lot.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Potato Chips

Activity: 2716
Merit: 884

yesssir! 🫡

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:42:08 PM

Agreed, it's quite risky, if we do not have too much experience and skill, we are easy to fall into the trap, even if we are a very experienced person, we can not be sure of safety in day trading and the profitability of day trading is also not to be said to be too high. Better that we should still hold and wait, it will be safer for us and the profit we can get will also be pretty good, sometimes the profits are higher than the day trading a lot.

with the right strategy and capital, day trading can be profitable as well as minimize the risk thus it'll be less riskier than long term trading however if you have a small capital it might not work for you. the trick is to buy lots of a certain altcoin and sell it after the price rose up e.g. +10sats, 5 sats. i usually check every hour if the price rose up and then sell if the set price reaches. note that you'll only pick a coin with a large volume at the moment

.dice9.win.░░░░▄▄█████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░█████▀██▀█████
█████▀█████▀█████
█████▄█████▄█████
████▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄████
░████▄▀█▄█▀▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
████
░░░░░░█████████

███████

░░░░▄▄█████▄▄░░█████
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░████▀░░░░▀████
████▄▄█▀█▄▄████
██░░███░░░███░░██
████▀▀█▄█▀▀████
░████▄░░░░▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
         ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
     ▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
   ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄▀
▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░▄▀
 ▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
COIN FLIP
       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀░█
█░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▀▄▄░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀
     ▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░░░▀
DICE
      ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄   ▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
█░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░▄▀▀▀░█░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█▀▀▀▄█░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█▀▀▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
   ▀▄▄░░░░█░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
      ▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀░░░░░░░░▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀
TWO DICE
▄█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀ ░░░▄▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▄░░░░▀█▄
▄▀▀█▄▄▀▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░▀▄░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄█▀▀▄
▄█▀▀█▀▄ ░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░ ▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀█▄
▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄░░░░█░░░░░░░░░ █░░░░▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄
█░░▄▀░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░ ▀▄▄▀░░░░░░▀▄░░█
█░▄▀░░░░░▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄░░░░░▀▄░█
█▀░░▄▄▀▀▀░░ ░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀ ░░░▀▀▀▄▄░░▀█
▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░   ░░▀▀▀▄░░▄▀▀▀░░      ░░░░▀▀▄▀

ETHEROLL
..PLAY NOW..
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:55:19 PM

I'm contemplating expanding my holding and stop day trading totally. In any case, I very much like day trading as it enables me to keep a track on the cost and furthermore makes some extremely intriguing opportunities.

Considering the current scenario holding of the coin is the best option available right now. Because btc price are incing closer towards 5k. So may be in Sept we will see that happen, as its already at 4300$ in short span of time. If this pace continues then next weeks itself we may see btc reaching 5k and people booking some good profits as well.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: