Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:29:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28372 times)
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:46:22 PM

It depends what you define as a "20% profit on your trade". As an altcoin trader, I see all profits as coins, not USD, but maybe youre only in the business of trading USD. When you say 20% profit, do you mean that the LSD/USD value went up 20% or that LSK/BTC value went up 20%?

If LSK/BTC went up 20%, then your 0.64BTC has increased to 0.768BTC. Multiple 0.768BTC by the BTC/USD and you have the USD value. If BTC/USD has remained the same since the time of your trade, then you have a 20% profit in USD as well. If BTC/USD dropped more than 20%, then you have a loss in USD (but not until you sell BTC/USD). If BTC/USD has increased, then you have have two different gains multiplied by eachother.

If LSK/USD went up 20%, then you need to know the price of BTC/USD to figure out how many bitcoins you have. If BTC/USD remained the same, then you have 20% more bitcoins. If BTC/USD fell, then you have two gains on your level of bitcoins. However, if BTC/USD has risen more than 20%, which happens quite often, then you have LOST bitcoins.

I mean 20 percent profit on investing in lisk.  Thus buying lisk at 5 dollars and planning to sell it at 6 dollars.  Well when you daytrade alts, are almost all trading wanting to make btc profit as oppose to usd profit?  I can understand btc because if you have more than you started with, thats good because btc will only go up etc.

Well based on what others talk about here... it would seem like even if someone buys lisk at 5 dollars and lets just say they sell it at 3.50.  So that would be a loss.  However let say btc when lisk was 5 dollars was 5000.  When lisk is 3.50... btc went all the way down to 2000 usd.  Thus btc price went down even more than lisk in terms of percentage.  Some poster said... here this is good because you have more btc than you started with.  I understand you now have more btc but you have less usd.  Shouldnt usd be king here?

So which scenario do daytraders prefer?

Buy lisk at 5 dollars and buy 1000 shares for 5000 usd or 0.0007 btc per lisk.  BTC is at 5000 usd.  Lisk goes up to 10 dollars.  BTC goes up to 15000 usd.

Or

But lisk at 5 dollars and buy 1000 shares for 5000 usd or 0.0007 btc per lisk.  BTC is at 5000 usd.  Lisk goes down to 3.50.  BTC goes all the way down to 2000 usd.

So in this example, you made profit on lisk but lose btc when you sell the lisk for btc because btc went up 3x whereas your lisk only 2x.

In the second example, you lose profit on lisk when you sell it for btc because it dropped from 5 dollars to 3.50.   Lisk dropped 30 percent.  BTC however dropped 60 percent.  So when you sell your lisk for btc... you are getting back more btc than you started with.  That is what you say is the goal of daytrading right... get more btc than you started with?

So which situation does a daytrader like here?  Because my thoughts are well in the 1st example, the guy made around 5000 usd profit.  But he lost btc in the process when selling lisk for btc.

In the 2nd example, the guy lose 1500 usd profit right?  However... here he gained btc in the process when selling lisk for btc since btc dropped 60 percent. 
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:15:46 PM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

Both, is profitable and depends on your capital amount to trade ,Somehow, day trading is more hard to do if you have no good skills on it it it a very risky game ,you are like trading of war which in any moment it can dump hard or pump hard . Long term holding is a sure profit if you invested in a Altcoin that have a big potential in the next months or years.
right mate,if your capital is big enough to take both why not,50% on daytrade and 50% on hodling for long term investment for that you will have two options to earn if you fail on daytrade the other one will be your chance on profiteering.but if your only having small capital and need a quick money so better stay on trading or maybe gambling if you can take a risk of losing it all

Good opinion...Need yourself to check it..
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:28:39 PM

Rather than just keeping it into the wallet, it's good to try making some additional earning through the same. With day trading or spending little time could get a small earning upon the investment. Holding is the risk free way to make an earning, but for the same we need to have patience.
ubeng07

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:29:14 PM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

I think its both profitable.if you have a good income then do trading of your 50% and another 50% for keep on holding..but it depend on you how to manage of your btc and if your skill is enough for trading then go for day trading.

yes exactly they are both profitable if you are flexible to do that but some are prefer to hold if they are totally convinced by the coin that they are hodl for but if not then dividing some of it to trade and to hodl is a good way of being a trader having think on how you can have a huge of profit.
sire.ben

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:40:58 PM

Fact is that most traders lose money daytrading doesn't matter which market we talk about. Daytrading is very risky and without a very good strategy and strict risk management you will not be successful in the long run.
I would always prefer hodling. But if you like trading then just take a little part of your money and try it. Who knows maybe you are good doing it Smiley
alex_rada

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

This is bat country!

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:46:58 PM

Day trading is only profitable for 1% of the traders. You must be very knowledgeable about the dynamic of the markets and also have the ability to control your emotions and stick to a strict risk management strategy. Holding on the other hand is easier to do imho if you're not planning to become a full-time trader anytime soon.
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:42:52 PM

I think its both profitable.if you have a good income then do trading of your 50% and another 50% for keep on holding..but it depend on you how to manage of your btc and if your skill is enough for trading then go for day trading.

yes exactly they are both profitable if you are flexible to do that but some are prefer to hold if they are totally convinced by the coin that they are hodl for but if not then dividing some of it to trade and to hodl is a good way of being a trader having think on how you can have a huge of profit.
Holding is a good type for investing, but you should not put much money to hold cryptocurrency. First of all, you do not know the future of cryptocurrency without government. You can see the user of Bitcoin still depend on the government and they scare the exchange or other third service provide wallet, exchange are storing their money will rob someday.
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:50:56 AM

I think more easy to get profit from hodling, but we need only to know and understanding the fundamental of the coin. And for me, day trade is more difficult , we should be understanding how to read the chart, price action and also understand about some indikator or other technical analysis.

spartan82

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:51:46 AM

Do you know in which the term hodling comes from? This discussion board! lol, enjoyable factThe best way to make huge profit crypto comes from holding. Nobody actually lost money on Bitcoin by buying and keeping... think about that.

If need to invest you will know the trading process. and gather more information. It good to trad for the future. you will know the gather for it. So you will wait for it. First you hold the bitcoin then you will start the trading process. Trading is not easy way to start so you will gather more trading process.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:19:25 PM

All things considered, both are a shrewd decision, it encourages us confine our hazard and get more chances to make a benefit, we won't squander much time on hold and hold up, I likewise separate my capital into 70% for holding and 30% for day exchanging. I would prefer not to spend excessively of my capital on exchanging day since it is very dangerous in spite of the fact that it can bring us great benefit however we require likewise to be watchful and ought not hazard excessively cash on exchanging day. Holding is more secure, benefits are very high, 70% of the capital is exceptionally sensible, joining both exchanging day and holding, we will get a colossal benefit source
The thing there is that HOLDING can only favor you when prices are going up steady, but there are times it do becomes at a steady rate, and you won’t be making much profit then. HOLDING is good if you are the type that’s ready to invest and wait for a long term, if not, you might not like it. Trading is also good, but you have to study it. It took me a long time of study to become perfect in trading, and you can make profit at anytime, same thing as making loss.

I like this distribution:
25% USD in bank accounts
25% USD in bitcoin exchanges
25% BTC in altcoin exchanges
25% BTC long term on chain

With this, I am always making profits. The altcoin trading portion is always making profits in bitcoin. If bitcoin goes up, all my BTC portions rise. If bitcoin goes down, my USD is more significant, plus there will always be a great bitcoin daytrading opportunity with the USD on exchange, plus altcoins usually go up even more. If BTC died, I'd still have the USD.  If all my money and accounts were stolen or frozen by the government, I'd still have the BTC on chain.
It’s a quite a nice division, though I don’t practice ( I’m actually missing out on one, and that is altcoins) my Investment practice is – 60% USD in banks, 20% BTC in exchanges and the other 20% exchanges long term in chain. I do benefit from it, but I think should add altcoins too, maybe that will work pretty fine.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:43:12 PM

if we look upon the success and profit of day time investors then they are much better then cases, because day time traders generate profit and revel in time by time while holder just wait and when time arrive for selling they simply enjoy profit after a long period of time.

Day trading is good for those people that has a lot of time to give for it but for people who are working all day long on their offices holding will be the best choice for them. I've an example of how much day traders are earning, if you have an investment capital of lowest $500 and this is good for those day traders that are still new and doesn't want to take higher risk and decided to have 3% gain daily.
3%x30 days = 90% and that will be equivalent to $450 and that's quite good right?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

Do you know in which the term hodling comes from? This discussion board! lol, enjoyable factThe best way to make huge profit crypto comes from holding. Nobody actually lost money on Bitcoin by buying and keeping... think about that.

It comes from the word "Hold" I don't know why they use the term "hodl" maybe it is just some new trend word for cryptocurrencies lol, even the word "is real" became "Israel" so if you add the two terms, it is going to be "Hodl Israel" meaning "hold is real" because holding your tokens in the long run will give you the benefits that you can never imagine.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:48:59 PM

I suggest both are good one. You should shuffle the both trading. In long term trading you choose cheapest value cryptocurrency and also you analysis the current and future potential of the cryptocurrency. Then you another coin like BTC and BCH. These coins are high value investment. So you invest less amount and huge profit. This process is more convenient to use for any competitors.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:12:47 PM

I think you should use both of methods. You should divide your fund into 2 funds, a half you can invest in Bitcoin, a half you can use for daily trading. You have to learn all things to get money.

Someone used my Account for 3 Month, why would someone do this?
Kat_Slash

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:03:47 AM

Riding the Bitcoin Cash wave at the moment, easy 30-50% profit in last couple of weeks! Fill your pockets when markets are flourishing! Cheesy

Brothersav

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:58:43 AM

Ride the waves my friend.

youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 08:07:51 AM

I suggest both are good one. You should shuffle the both trading. In long term trading you choose cheapest value cryptocurrency and also you analysis the current and future potential of the cryptocurrency. Then you another coin like BTC and BCH. These coins are high value investment. So you invest less amount and huge profit. This process is more convenient to use for any competitors.

If you've been trading with 5-10 active coins every day, for sure half of altcoin will be decided for HODL, it makes sense because we can not share the focus on all the coins, there are some coins that must be actively monitored and specifically for BCH and BTG is currently the right momentum to actively buy, currently some altcoins are in an upward trend.
nirozeen

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:09:30 AM

definitely HODL.

day trading is 98% of losing long term. in crypto is basically gambling.
h55

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:43:35 AM

It is depend on ur strategy. I buy and hold some coins for long term and some others for daily tradings. you must choice ur strategies.
manchester93

Activity: 251
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:47:55 AM

I originally put half into cold storage and half into trading. Over time, I keep rolling trading profits into cold storage. Now it's ~85% cold storage and ~15% trading stash.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: