Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:07:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Coin Ticker - Bitcoin and altcoin ticker and portfolio management [iOS App]  (Read 25431 times)
nolanhuang (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:15:38 AM

v2.3 is now available on App Store. Now you can update your portfolio form exchange API automatically.

You can also follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CoinTickerApp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:14:15 PM

I just found out this great app. Thanks!

Only TagCoin (and MicroCoin) are the coins which I'm missing. It would be great if you can add atleast TagCoin Smiley.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:37:47 PM

Love the app,  upgraded to the full version long time ago and have been very happy with all the updates.   I use it daily!

The only coin that I own not available in the app is MaidSafeCoins (MAID) .   https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=maid
Would love to see this added!  Willing to donate for the additional feature.

The other item I would like to bring up is the Cost Currency.   Many coins are purchased with BTC,  would be nice to add this as a cost to see how much BTC you've earned by investing in a specific coin.   For many alt coins,  I invest in them to earn more BTC so allowing me to enter cost basis in BTC rather than fiat would be great.

thanks for the rock'n app!
spanktar

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:53:20 PM

I don't understand the cost field in the portfolio view.  Am I missing something?
Don007
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:11:55 PM

By hitting 'edit' you can also fill in "costs" (together with the amount of the particular coin you have chosen etc).

When you've filled in an amount, it will be showed in that portfolio view.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

spanktar

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:27:37 PM

Yes, but what does "cost" represent?  I've hooked up my wallet, and the amount in the wallet should be shown.  If there's no cost value, the amount is not shown.  But the coins in my wallet don't necessarily have an associated cost.  They just are.  And I want to see the amount, and possibly the exchange rate in another currency.

So I don't understand where "cost" factors in.  Again, sorry if I'm sounding daft, but the concept doesn't click with me.
nolanhuang (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:40:31 AM

About adding new coins:
Please go to Settings - Voting, and vote for the coins you want to add(If the coin is not on the list, tap the "Add Coin" button on the upper right corner to submit it). You can also ask more people to vote. I will add coins on top of that list constantly.
nolanhuang (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:51:11 AM

Yes, but what does "cost" represent?  I've hooked up my wallet, and the amount in the wallet should be shown.  If there's no cost value, the amount is not shown.  But the coins in my wallet don't necessarily have an associated cost.  They just are.  And I want to see the amount, and possibly the exchange rate in another currency.

So I don't understand where "cost" factors in.  Again, sorry if I'm sounding daft, but the concept doesn't click with me.

In your case, just ignore the cost field, the value will still show. You can tap the "total value area" to switch between counting in BTC or counting in fiat.
spanktar

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:41:00 PM

That's just the thing, though.  It doesn't show anything. 

I added my DOGE wallet and it shows absolutely no values in the portfolio.  So... I'm doing something wrong?  But there doesn't seem to be anything else I can do aside from add a cost.  I dunno, I guess I'm missing something, but I'm going searching for another app that shows my wallet value.

Thanks for your help.
Don007
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:30:51 PM

Hit portfolio, edit, add, manual, 'add coins or funds', hit DogeCoin, fill in the amount of Doge you've got and than hit done.

This should work for sure Wink. Allthough you've to edit your amount of (Doge)coins manually. I don't mind, as the amounts in my wallets are quite static (as I own dynamic amounts at exchanges like Cryptsy).

adept

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 08:39:30 PM

Needs work:

Missing monero and some coins
Cannot add stocks to portfolio (not on alpha list)
Does not have exchanges outside havelock
Don007
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:28:09 PM

Needs work:

I think you should take a look at the app again. It does support BTC-e and Cryptsy too, besides Havelock.   It's a "drop-down menu" (I think it's the right word for it), you might have to scroll upwards or downwards.

I think this app attracts even more people if they devide to add more exchanges, but I'm not sure how much efforts this takes.

adept

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 11:10:09 PM

Needs work:

I think you should take a look at the app again. It does support BTC-e and Cryptsy too, besides Havelock.   It's a "drop-down menu" (I think it's the right word for it), you might have to scroll upwards or downwards.

I think this app attracts even more people if they devide to add more exchanges, but I'm not sure how much efforts this takes.

@ don those are not bitcoin stock exchanges.

Does it support poloniex?
adept

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 12:50:29 AM

Yes it does, just needs an update of new coins.
Nice app!

Will add my Havelock via API .
Oztwinpeaks

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:40:06 AM

I love this app- it's my main go-to portfolio manager for crypto.
Although I like the coin voting I wonder if entire exchanges shouldn't just be listed? There are some obvious coins such as Monero and Bytecoin (BCN- not to be confused with it's namesake BTE) missing- and many new coins on Poloniex that are getting popular- why not just add the entire exchange?
Additionally, you should absolutely add the coins on masterxchange.com- it's a main trading exchange for mastercoin and maidsafe (if not the only exchange?).
Anyway, great with developing and updating the app!

Don007
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:01:42 PM

Although I like the coin voting I wonder if entire exchanges shouldn't just be listed? There are some obvious coins such as Monero and Bytecoin (BCN- not to be confused with it's namesake BTE) missing- and many new coins on Poloniex that are getting popular- why not just add the entire exchange?
Additionally, you should absolutely add the coins on masterxchange.com- it's a main trading exchange for mastercoin and maidsafe (if not the only exchange?).

I think it's quite a hard job to add all these coins and exchanges. If it's not, the dev definately should add more coins and exchanges, which makes this app even better!  However, if many coins are added, we should have an option to select coins we want to see on the first page ~ the current value, as I don't want to scroll 5 minutes ^^.

Just my 2 cents, I still use this app a couple of times a day!

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 02:44:22 PM

May I offer a suggestion? It would be really handy if we could tap the column header and sort the list up or down. Also, a small arrow next to the price indicating up or down trend would be great. Love the App, keep up the great work!

RJF

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
adept

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 03:20:44 PM

I think it's quite a hard job to add all these coins and exchanges. If it's not, the dev definately should add more coins and exchanges, which makes this app even better!  However, if many coins are added, we should have an option to select coins we want to see on the first page ~ the current value, as I don't want to scroll 5 minutes ^^.

Just my 2 cents, I still use this app a couple of times a day!

you can actually do that. Use the button on top left to edit the list.
nolanhuang (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:46:43 PM

@Don007 @adept, Thanks for helping me with the reply. 
nolanhuang (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:49:23 PM

May I offer a suggestion? It would be really handy if we could tap the column header and sort the list up or down. Also, a small arrow next to the price indicating up or down trend would be great. Love the App, keep up the great work!

RJF
Thanks for your suggestions, I will try to implement them into the next version.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: