Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:41:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think cryptocurrencies have the potential to overtake regular currencies?  (Read 4059 times)
Ronyx

Activity: 525
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:29:46 PM

Would banks and governments actively work and implement countermeasures to undermine this process? Are the underestimating the potential of cryptocurrencies by investing in some of them?
Do you think there is a possibility of cryptocurrencies being banned in the future for the reason of being a threat to "normal" currencies?

A small possibility for the government to replace physical money with crypto money. And even if that happens then the government will apply tax laws in every transaction.

taktik

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:55:49 PM

Would banks and governments actively work and implement countermeasures to undermine this process? Are the underestimating the potential of cryptocurrencies by investing in some of them?
Do you think there is a possibility of cryptocurrencies being banned in the future for the reason of being a threat to "normal" currencies?

A small possibility for the government to replace physical money with crypto money. And even if that happens then the government will apply tax laws in every transaction.
this all will happen only when the crypto currency is realized. Then any government will have the right to tax any transaction on the crypto currency. Namaz today is still far away. Although as an example of Belarus, where the government passed a law banning the taxation of activities with crypto currency.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:19:12 PM

No and no. Cryptocurrencies will be used alongside FIAT unless governments decide to create their own centralized blockchain-based currency.
Governments would never replace a currency that they control with one that they don't.

You have a point there. The current state of cryptocurrency now like using alongside fiat is enough, you see the government doesn't ban nor legalized it but we make money from it. Plus who the hell would replace their fiat with a doubtful currency I mean they have a doubt in cyprtos.
If we only talk about the potential of crypto currencies, then I must say that all the crypto currencies which are there are very much capable of replacing the regular currencies. The only problem which they have to face in this regard is the declaration of all the crypto currencies as legal currency. If that happens, then this world will really feel a change and that things will be very much different back then.
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:17:49 PM

Bitcoin has the possibility to overtake some of the weakest currencies, it is not going to replace the dollar or any other big currency like that but it could replace the currency in countries with a lot of economic problems that are not very significant for the world economy.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:27:42 PM

It will only happen if it's a centralized cryptocurrency but if it's not then there's no small possibility or chance that it will replace regular currencies. And it doesn't need to be there just for cryptocurrencies to imposed tax, the government can do it already and put tax to any crypto related transaction or if someone earned from it while he/she is in the vicinity of the country's jurisdiction.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:40:30 PM

The threats are actually becoming imminent. We even now have bankers; owners, managers and workers buying into Cryptocurrency already at this time. Some are of the notion that they just want to study the markets and see how it operates and how real it is. While undergoing this studies, cash is being earned and kept. Within them; banks, I want to believe that they have come to the realization that the Cryptocurrency world will be a threat to then going by its sustenance on the blockchain too.
Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 10:41:55 PM

It will only happen if it's a centralized cryptocurrency but if it's not then there's no small possibility or chance that it will replace regular currencies. And it doesn't need to be there just for cryptocurrencies to imposed tax, the government can do it already and put tax to any crypto related transaction or if someone earned from it while he/she is in the vicinity of the country's jurisdiction.
why everyone thinks maybe because there is hope that in his heart hope bitcoin replace fiat currency ,so that we are free from government taxes that have enriched the high officials or superiors can also be called ministers ,you are right that it will happen if centralized cryptocurrency And you're also right that the government will be able to enter the tax through trading transactions or receive and send ,all of it must have taxes because the government does not want to lose

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:13:33 PM

why everyone thinks maybe because there is hope that in his heart hope bitcoin replace fiat currency ,so that we are free from government taxes that have enriched the high officials or superiors can also be called ministers ,you are right that it will happen if centralized cryptocurrency And you're also right that the government will be able to enter the tax through trading transactions or receive and send ,all of it must have taxes because the government does not want to lose
I know you're courage to be freed from the government taxation but you don't live in a country and just grow up while working without taxes. That's the only possibility that I can think of if the government wants to replace fiat with new type of currency through cryptocurrencies and they'll call it as the new modern digital currency. I don't see this happening on bitcoin as it's decentralized.
Batmain

Activity: 151

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:28:12 AM

Of course there is, and it is happening now. Just research some things about countries who banned crypto currency.
As for the battle of survival in the crypto world I think some of the hottest officials and businesses are recognizing the potential of crypto and of the block chain will continue to be developed, they have no choice to adopt in the technology of blockchain because they can't just disregard a high potential technology just because they it is a threat to them. Just accept the fact that technology is growing through time.

Butchick

Activity: 392

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:42:21 AM

Crypto currency is built or have existed based on a decentralised system and i guess it will stay that way forever. With that alone, i don't think the government would allow a decentraosed system to run their monetary system. Hence, crytocurrencies overtaking regular currencies would be impossible unless the government is willing to embrace the decentralized system. As with the banning, their are countries that have already banned crypto currency.

Vladimir Kartoplya

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:46:26 AM

Of course there is, and it is happening now. Just research some things about countries who banned crypto currency.
As for the battle of survival in the crypto world I think some of the hottest officials and businesses are recognizing the potential of crypto and of the block chain will continue to be developed, they have no choice to adopt in the technology of blockchain because they can't just disregard a high potential technology just because they it is a threat to them. Just accept the fact that technology is growing through time.

Countries can try but they will not succeed in banning cryptocurrency anymore than they succeed in banning piracy. That is the point of decentralization. Everyone who has a computer can be part of the system without government knowing. Tomorrow I can setup PC for mine and government cannot do anything.
Perseusallen

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:42:41 AM

I think cryptocurrencies has a high potential to overtake regular currencies someday. again someday not now. not this year, even bitcoin is so popular nowadays its not enough popular to convinced all people to have a bitcoin currency cause we all know that many people are afraid of changes. they are prepared in tangible currency so they can use it all along in public or anywhere.
komjhq

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:22:42 PM

I think cryptocurrencies has a high potential to overtake regular currencies someday. again someday not now. not this year, even bitcoin is so popular nowadays its not enough popular to convinced all people to have a bitcoin currency cause we all know that many people are afraid of changes. they are prepared in tangible currency so they can use it all along in public or anywhere.
I think that the use of crypto currency can be only at a certain moment and in a certain place. I think that the crypto currency will not find support in most people for daily use. You just imagine how a cup of coffee will cost if you pay for it with Bitcoin, given the cost and length of the transaction.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:00:02 PM

I do not think that bitcoin can be considered a substitute for conventional currencies, since everyone uses it as an investment asset. I think the state equates him to such an asset as gold.   
Yes you are right here. Bitcoins are taken mostly as the source of investment and a source that is giving you much money. So it will be so hard for the people to take it as a normal currency that is just making the whole world of crypto, a simple world. Then there will be no charm of bitcoins and they will be treated just simply as cash. And I think this is just wasting a golden chance.
Wolfwar

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:39:24 PM

I do not think that bitcoin can be considered a substitute for conventional currencies, since everyone uses it as an investment asset. I think the state equates him to such an asset as gold.   
Yes you are right here. Bitcoins are taken mostly as the source of investment and a source that is giving you much money. So it will be so hard for the people to take it as a normal currency that is just making the whole world of crypto, a simple world. Then there will be no charm of bitcoins and they will be treated just simply as cash. And I think this is just wasting a golden chance.
I think that only a certain group of people will be able to use crypto currency as a means of payment, and then under certain conditions and for certain goods or services. Most of humanity will reject the crypto currency, because of its complexity of use, and also because of the inaccessibility for many.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:16:28 PM

It could be possibility because this procedure has already been applied in many country's and why to go far, we have china as big example of that. So yes bitcoin or crypto currency could be banned if regulations think that crypto's are threat to the fait currency. Banks may or may not include the crypto currency depending on the trustworthiness of the crypto currencies. They stake the money obtained from the people and hence they will never come to know that how to operate the cryptos and it better to submit the money directly to the bank. This way people may not support the fact that crypto can be threat to the banks. They will never let it happen.

Regular currency is regulated and there inso way crypto will overtake them because its obvious that government will produce the enough money and they will never  disturb the economy of the nation for the virtual currency like bitcoin or others.
Ulan01

Activity: 178
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:07:17 AM

I don't think so, because why governments would agree to this. It's not in their interest so far. They control national currencies and aren't interested in replacing them with cryptocurrencies.
I also think that way. Although the crypto currency is potentially, its value and its users are more than paper money, but it will only be in crypto and will continue that way.
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:24:15 AM

I think government will not accept any digital cryptocurrency to become our real money. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are decentralized while our real money is not. Aside from that digital cryptocurrencies values are just depending with our real money so it is impossible to implement to make digital currencies as our real money.
mulukey

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:42:47 AM

I don't think so, because why governments would agree to this. It's not in their interest so far. They control national currencies and aren't interested in replacing them with cryptocurrencies.
I also think that way. Although the crypto currency is potentially, its value and its users are more than paper money, but it will only be in crypto and will continue that way.
This is very true. Currently, cryptocurrency is showing a lot more features than conventional currencies, which is evidenced by the strong growth of the crypto market in the last few years and especially in 2017. I firmly believe that if governments do not have appropriate management policies, cash may be lost.
JTEN18

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:17:12 AM

This is very true. Currently, cryptocurrency is showing a lot more features than conventional currencies, which is evidenced by the strong growth of the crypto market in the last few years and especially in 2017. I firmly believe that if governments do not have appropriate management policies, cash may be lost.
Yes I agree that cryptocurrency is on the rise and will continuously rise in the coming months and days, but it will not overtake the regular currencies, as the country will not be in favor and won't agree with that. We are just thankful that most of countries embraced cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: