Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:00:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Satoshi-Mixer.com (BETA)  (Read 1032 times)
f1gm3nt (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:00:23 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know about my latest project. You can use it to transfer bitcoins to various addresses. The fees are really tiny and are a random percent between 0.001% and 1%. I have been testing this on testnet for a few weeks and is stable. In the coming weeks I'll be moving my own coins through it to make sure everything is peachy.

Suggestions/Questions are welcome ^_^

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clark3934

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:22:45 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know about my latest project. You can use it to transfer bitcoins to various addresses. The fees are really tiny and are a random percent between 0.001% and 1%. I have been testing this on testnet for a few weeks and is stable. In the coming weeks I'll be moving my own coins through it to make sure everything is peachy.

How is this different than a traditional mixing service? I just read the "How it works" page and nothing stood out. Why should people trust this site, especially with the promise of decentralized mixing (e.g. zerocoin) on the horizon?
f1gm3nt (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:47:40 PM

How is this different than a traditional mixing service? I just read the "How it works" page and nothing stood out. Why should people trust this site, especially with the promise of decentralized mixing (e.g. zerocoin) on the horizon?

The mixing services I found were either flagged as scams, or didn't seem to allow multiple addresses. Also the fees were much larger (ie 1.5% and up).

As for trust, why should I trust you? We can all come up with reasons not to trust each other. Sometime this week, SSL certs will be added to the site and the only way to access it would be through a SSL connection. While this isn't the silver bullet that will make people magically trust the site, I think that it helps. You can also trust this site because I have spent about a month on coding the site. I also have many more ideas for sites and services that I want to build that I will not do anything to make people distrust me or the services that I have worked hard on.

I'm curious about where you found the information about decentralized mixed. I have not been able to find any information on this.
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:35:28 PM

Hmmm, you can keep confirming an order to get cheap fee.
ihsotas

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:40:17 PM

The mixing services I found were either flagged as scams, or didn't seem to allow multiple addresses. Also the fees were much larger (ie 1.5% and up).

As for trust, why should I trust you? We can all come up with reasons not to trust each other. Sometime this week, SSL certs will be added to the site and the only way to access it would be through a SSL connection. While this isn't the silver bullet that will make people magically trust the site, I think that it helps. You can also trust this site because I have spent about a month on coding the site. I also have many more ideas for sites and services that I want to build that I will not do anything to make people distrust me or the services that I have worked hard on.

I'm curious about where you found the information about decentralized mixed. I have not been able to find any information on this.

Read this, just for starters:
http://spar.isi.jhu.edu/~mgreen/ZerocoinOakland.pdf

He's presenting at the Bitcoin 2013 Conference right now. There are other approaches to decentralized mixer that don't require anyone to trust some random poster on a forum with irreversible BTC transactions.

f1gm3nt (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:30:02 AM

Read this, just for starters:
http://spar.isi.jhu.edu/~mgreen/ZerocoinOakland.pdf

He's presenting at the Bitcoin 2013 Conference right now. There are other approaches to decentralized mixer that don't require anyone to trust some random poster on a forum with irreversible BTC transactions.

Yeah, after reading that pdf and some other information on zerocoin, I took it down. It was a good learning experience, but ultimately it's not worth keeping the site up seeing that something else is going to take it's place. Thanks for the link.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: