Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:01:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My story of the early purchase, the 50000 bitcoins and me vs science  (Read 528 times)
Spoonertheory (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:10:31 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 06:23:26 PM by Spoonertheory

Sharing a real life story if loosing 50000 bitcoins. -

2009: I read an article whilst being bored "currently at University" hard suck days ahead! Its about bitcoins! some kind of new currency online with libertarian values, a marketplace etc. Quite intriguing story that catches me dreaming.

In the story is a link onto a platform where I can purchase some coins, the price is 0.00007 USD per each.

I enter the link, play around with the total amount of coins I want to purchase. I settle on 50k bitcoins and pay, cannot remember if it was via PayPal or using the actual Visa card, anyways... the bitcoins get delivered within a couple of hours! I get a text type document downloaded, that I print out a copy of... I smile and show my wife - She is not impressed I have just spend 35 dollars on as she puts it "crap".

I put the paper away, and deicide to keep it! right!! As the days passby iam busy with sitting exams, overworked, and will soon forget about this purchase or even the term bitcoins.

In 2012-2013: I see more about bitcoins and the crypto market, however it don't catch my memory at all, Its a little mainstream that you hear discussions about it in media or by word of mouth, there is the illegal element that catches the peoples general attention, there is drugs online markets using the currency. Kind of propaganda against it at the time.

2016: I start remembering some parts of the actual purchase, I verify that the purchase actually took place.
I start looking around for logins, possible market place where I did the purchases, learning about the different vaults that existed, emails I had at the time etc.

I find out that the vault of satoshi did close down, and is seem to be out of contact, there is some name referrals to linked in to founder of site etc, they seem to have just opted for a closedown, there is not a trace but a simple mirror site online, it seems familiar to me.

New Liberty standard I realize this is were I purchased the coins at the time, I am pretty sure. however it does not mention making a paper printout wallet etc. It also does not mention the PayPal or payment available with a Visa card as payment. A little confusing. I also look at other alternatives like the mtgox, and Coinbase but neither rings a bell. I am also not sure if I bought them in 2009 or 2010 or 2011, confusion takes place.

Trying to read forums for more clarity but normally ends up lost after hours of searching, amazing how little content is available from that period online searching for specifics, this forum is an exception that has good preservation in deed. Bitcointalk is an resource that should have status as protected assets or something like that! Unique content should be protect like a natural reserve.

I remember that I printed a copy but opted to store coins in a vault at the time of purchase. So the coins are out there :=) awesome I think smiling.

Part2: Finding the Drive, going up vs. science, what I come across makes me laugh even more.
Part3: Finding and identifying the actuals coins, the purchase
Part4: Libertarian values vs. cash and greed. Me vs. Science "limitations"
Part5: What can I really do? reach out begging like a greedy pig? I am not a "biatch" am I?
Part6: Contacting, talking to the "players", earning your way.
Part7: The opening of wallet, the restoration of coins
Part8: New contact arise, new opportunities and dreams come true

peace out...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:13:46 PM

Very cool.  Will follow!

It reminded me of this story:  https://www.coindesk.com/bought-bitcoin-2009-now-worth-983000/
Spoonertheory (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:26:39 PM

Hi thanks for comments.

It is an extract from a book I'm writing, its for real and its me.

2nd chapter is going to make you people smile and maybe the market will get a kick in the butt tumbeler also. I don't care I am fair and will report it as is! :=)

Even the best man can f up hard, its proof is in the pudding.

peace
oxoboxo

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:18:29 AM

Whether it is your reality or not, I would like it to have been my reality.

As much as I would like to have the coins, I think the experience would of been pretty cool.
CllickerQluicker

Activity: 477
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:53:01 AM

is realy, in early bitcoin launch you buy until reach 50k bitcoin
and how much price  youre bitcoin ballance selling
kiddikoddi

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bounty Manager At your Service Please Pm me

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:32:34 PM

Oh wow im so happy for you, i lost a wallet with 10 coins a few years back, wish i had found them lol, but good it worked out for you, i am anxious to read part 8 and feel the joy :-) good read

🇵🇭🇵🇭🔥🔥Campaign Management Services🔥🔥🇵🇭🇵🇭
BitMuffin

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 01:11:39 PM

Hey Spooner, how are you getting along with your book?  Sounds like it'll be an interesting read :-)

Peace out buddy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: