Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:21:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Most people dont even know what this is yet.  (Read 13498 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:47:08 PM

I called around some stores to see if they accept BTC, no one has even heard of it except like 0.1% of people.  Wait till people actually find out this exists...

Even I'll do the same thing here in my place no one recognizes bitcoin. It's a community that only depends with fiat and they don't even do online transactions or payments through PayPal. There are some friend of mine that I didn't know they are also in bitcoins, well we feel sorry for them that they didn't know bitcoin yet.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:15:46 PM

Over here, I think those who are involved are even doing in with high level of secrecy not allowing anyone else to know but quite a number of people I know have heard about bitcoin but using it, they believe its going to be a serious task and because there are no stores that accept which could even give it more popularity then there is no need. The investing part comes with a lot of risk of losing which a lot of time won't want to take as well.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:18:40 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2017, 01:17:46 AM by MMA

Yeah that's true most people doesn't know Bitcoin yet so this is our chance to get lots of Bitcoin because once every one used Bitcoin it willl become in demad and we have a limited supply of Bitcoin only so the price will surely go up.
yes that is true but i think bitcoin is now becoming more popular with the passage of time. in fact the users of bitcoin are continuously increasing which is making bitcoin more popular and people are showing more interest in bitcoin to invest their money there.which is in fact increasing the popularity of bitcoin. 
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:33:12 PM

Yeah that's true most people doesn't know Bitcoin yet so this is our chance to get lots of Bitcoin because once every one used Bitcoin it willl become in demad and we have a limited supply of Bitcoin only so the price will surely go up.
yes that is true but i think bitcoin is now becoming more popular with the passage of time.
For now there are still few sites and company are accepting bitcoin as payment but its gradually accepting bitcoin as payment and more country are accepting bitcoin as payment locally and hope that more country will accept bitcoin as payment including my country..
For now i was thinking if amazon will accept bitcoin as payment i think bitcoin will be more popular and more price will be increased..
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:34:15 PM

yes that is true but i think bitcoin is now becoming more popular with the passage of time.
Around the world, i think 1 or 2% people are using Bitcoin. If everyone started to use bitcoin than 100% the price of the bitcoin will go like sky rocket we can't imagine that price. Becasue Bitcoin supply in the market is very less. So try to introduce this Bitcoins to other people who don't know. It is an advantage for us.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:27:01 AM

I called around some stores to see if they accept BTC, no one has even heard of it except like 0.1% of people.  Wait till people actually find out this exists...

Exactly. I'd like to think that fiat currencies have essentially maxed out their potential, and bitcoin has just barely begun.

This is why i believe in bitcoin in the long term, people still don't know about this apart from a very very small percentage elite. Bitcoin has the potential in future to be widely adopted because of the fact that when fiat currencies collapse(which is imminent), everyone will be looking for an alternative.

And by simple math and economics you can tell that when more people use btc, demand rises. Supply will stay around the same due to halving. And that will mean bitcoin price will go up.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:11:48 PM

I think there must be some people who do not really know about bitcoin. Let alone people who do not understand more about bitcoin technology is a virtual currency that uses technology as a way to transact. This is what some people still do not dare to use bitcoin as a transaction tool. The price of the unstable bitcoin may even be one reason. This makes the shop that sells its wares do not want to use bitcoin as a means of transaction. Especially among parents who are more than they are not so interested in using technological means to transact. They are more interested in transacting real, ie using fiat as a means of transaction. This needs a long realization.
There is no doubt in this that older generation has still majority of those people who belong to old school of thought. They will not easily trust bitcoins and promote them. For them all that is unseen is fake. According to them, bitcoins can be hacked any time leaving them ruined. I hope they will soon realize the real power of bitcoins.
SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:09:45 PM

This really means that there are lot of people that have not yet about bitcoin maybe there are times that they only heard it but they didn't hesitate to ask what it is. They just ignored bitcoin as well as ignoring the opportunities to earn bitcoin for their future. I'm glad that I was one of early people that already know about bitcoin and bitcoiner's that already earn some bitcoins, it's like a blessing for me.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:43:58 PM

Yes it is true. Even bitcoin has been already widely use in the worldwide basis, there still instances that when you ask someone about bitcoin cryptocurrency, there are still answers that they do not know that there is an existing cryptocurrency type which is bitcoin in our era. This only shows that bitcoin is still not that widely spread, legalize and used by all the people in different countries maybe because there is no information gathered to let them know that this thing do really exists and starting to be beneficial to everyone
Adbitco

Activity: 1414
Merit: 650

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 11:12:30 PM

The percentage of the people who are well aware of the benefits of owning bitcoin or the businesses accepting it may seem low at present but it has grown for sure and the growth has been consistent and that's what matters the most. The era of cryptocurrencies has just begun and it will continue to grow for many more years to come and that's a fact almost everyone of us will agree with so wait a little more and even the people who have either little or no knowledge of bitcoin will be adopting and using it in their day to day life more frequently than we do it now.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cyclotronmajesty

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:21:01 PM

I think there must be some people who do not really know about bitcoin. Let alone people who do not understand more about bitcoin technology is a virtual currency that uses technology as a way to transact. This is what some people still do not dare to use bitcoin as a transaction tool. The price of the unstable bitcoin may even be one reason. This makes the shop that sells its wares do not want to use bitcoin as a means of transaction. Especially among parents who are more than they are not so interested in using technological means to transact. They are more interested in transacting real, ie using fiat as a means of transaction. This needs a long realization.
There is no doubt in this that older generation has still majority of those people who belong to old school of thought. They will not easily trust bitcoins and promote them. For them all that is unseen is fake. According to them, bitcoins can be hacked any time leaving them ruined. I hope they will soon realize the real power of bitcoins.

Yes and when I told my parents about bitcoins they were not at all interested in knowing more about bitcoins or investing their money in it as they have a fear of loosing money and they are the people who are even scared of using debit/credit cards for shopping as they feel that their bank account will get hacked so its really hard to convince them to use bitcoins.

███  ███
    ███      ███
  ███          ███
███              ███

███              ███
  ███          ███
    ███      ███
      ███  ███

LANCECHAIN

║▮
║▮
║▮

▮║
▮║
▮║

║▮
║▮
║▮

▮║
▮║
▮║

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄█████████
 █████▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████
nowlscor18

Activity: 282
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:40:22 AM

Considering people around me, I agree on that. Most people don't even know it. And I'm working in the technology world, computer engineer. A lot of curious people but not knowing what is that actually.

It is strange that people in the technology world are not that aware of Bitcoin. It is maybe because they work in silos. Otherwise people would have come across Bitcoin one way or another.
That's true.. I think most people in the technology world doesn't also know about this that much. Maybe they think it doesn't work or they are just into other things. But if they'll know how this works or that this really works maybe they will join bitcoin someday.

orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:16:30 AM

Yes, I believe that a lot of people don't know about Bitcoin yet. Upon hearing the term "Bitcoin", most people would react confused because they haven't heard about it before. I've seen an increase in bitcoin users but I believe that most people still don't know about it. In my community, Bitcoin is still unfamiliar to most and the establishments present do not accept it yet as a payment system. Even most of my family and friends don't know about it, except for the select few whom I shared my knowledge with.
geniabelty

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:25:37 AM

Actually to be accurate there are a lot of people know something about Bitcoin. But the thing is that they don't want to engage with it, for the reason that they think that this is some sort of scam or something. Plus, Bitcoin is not yet legally accepted worldwide. Other people sets limitations for themselves to avoid mistakes or wrong decisions, that's why they are afraid to try this industry out.

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:40:47 AM

Actually to be accurate there are a lot of people know something about Bitcoin. But the thing is that they don't want to engage with it, for the reason that they think that this is some sort of scam or something. Plus, Bitcoin is not yet legally accepted worldwide. Other people sets limitations for themselves to avoid mistakes or wrong decisions, that's why they are afraid to try this industry out.

That is true, there are many people who heared about Bitcoin, but they don't have interest on it. Bitcoin is something new, most people don't have idea how it works and if it's safe, principally because these people do things only guided by the media and when media doesn't have an opinion about it, doesn't talk about it these people think it's not good... But slowly the situation is changing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Sadlife

Activity: 1400
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:41:24 AM

Sooner or later they will force to learn it or adopt it cause sooner or later it will become a mainstream currency that everyone will use. As of now there are many online shop or e-commerce has already made it as a payment processor for their site and some of the local businesses are already accepting it, countries like japan, korea and Philippines have accepted some institutional investor have invested their money into it. Maybe your survey was not wide range.

▄▄▄▀█▀▀▀█▀▄▄▄
       ▀▀   █     █
    ▀      █       █
  █      ▄█▄       ▐▌
 █▀▀▀▀▀▀█   █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█        ▀█▀        █
█         █         █
█         █        ▄█▄
 █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █
  █       ▐▌       ▀█▀
  █▀▀▀▄    █       █
  ▀▄▄▄█▄▄   █     █
         ▀▀▀▄█▄▄▄█▄▀▀▀
CRYPTO CASINO
FOR WEB 3.0
▄▄▄█▀▀▀
▄▄████▀████
▄████████████
█▀▀    ▀█▄▄▄▄▄
█        ▄█████
█        ▄██████
██▄     ▄███████
████▄▄█▀▀▀██████
████       ▀▀██
███          █
▀█          █
▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▄█▀▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
  ▄ ▄█ ▄
▄▄        ▄████▀       ▄▄
▐█
███▄▄█████████████▄▄████▌
██
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
▐█▀    ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀        ▀█▌
     █▄████   ▄▀█▄     ▌

██████   ▀██▀     █
████▄    ▀▀▀▀           ▄████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
██████▌█▌█▌██████▐█▐█▐███████
OWL GAMES
Metamask
WalletConnect
Phantom
▄▄▄███ ███▄▄▄
▄▄████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀████▄▄
▄  ▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▀  ▄
██▀ ▄▀▀             ▀▀▄ ▀██
██▀ █ ▄     ▄█▄▀      ▄ █ ▀██
██▀ █  ███▄▄███████▄▄███  █ ▀██
█  ▐█▀    ▀█▀    ▀█▌  █
██▄ █ ▐█▌  ▄██   ▄██  ▐█▌ █ ▄██
██▄ ████▄    ▄▄▄    ▄████ ▄██
██▄ ▀████████████████▀ ▄██
▀  ▄▄▄▀▀█████████▀▀▄▄▄  ▀
▀▀████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄████▀▀
▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀
DICE
SLOTS
BACCARAT
BLACKJACK
GAME SHOWS
POKER
ROULETTE
CASUAL GAMES
▄███████████████████▄
██▄▀▄█████████████████████▄▄
███▀█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████▌
█████████▄█▄████████████████
███████▄█████▄█████████████▌
███████▀█████▀█████████████
█████████▄█▄██████████████▌
█████████████████▄███████▌
████████████████▀▄▀██████
▀███████████████████▄███▌
              ▀▀▀▀█████▀
yohan09

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:49:48 AM

Its very true that there are lots of people have no idea about bitcoin, Citing an example such as in areas away from electricity, away from gadgets and modern technologies. I even try to ask my neighbor if she have knowledge about bitcoin.. Then she replied, What is bitcoin? Hahahaha.. They are totally blind of whats happening around.. Then i tried to give some sort of info. about bitcoin... and she totally amazed the value of it.. Knowledge is power ... Wink
secdark

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:56:25 AM

Still bitcoin is not famous(not really famous) nowadays but unlike before they heard it but still they didnt know what it is. Here in my place they heard it but doesnt know what it is, they  only knew is the value. Though there are still no stores/ physical stores that accepts bitcoin as payment here. Lets hope sooner or later that most of the country worldwide will have a ton of store that accepts bitcoin as payment

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency   
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄   
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:28:03 AM

Bitcoin is still not quite popular today even to an ordinary citizens like in a first world countries such as Europe and United States unless if you are engage in Forex trading ,stock market, infotech industry, techpreneurs , computer gaming industry even social bitcoin is still infant for its popularity while it is not that proliferated and not heavily abused bitcoin is still rising.
ladydark

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:37:20 AM

Bitcoin is still not quite popular today even to an ordinary citizens like in a first world countries such as Europe and United States unless if you are engage in Forex trading ,stock market, infotech industry, techpreneurs , computer gaming industry even social bitcoin is still infant for its popularity while it is not that proliferated and not heavily abused bitcoin is still rising.
Yes,same is the condition in india also.Most people still don't know about bitcoin even though india being a neighbour country to china which dominates the bitcoin mining.First tech guys knew about bitcoin and started investing in it.Later came the round of stock market people.But still,bitcoin is unknown to people belonging to other parts of the community.But the day when it gets known by all,then its price would skyrocket.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: