Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:32:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Most people dont even know what this is yet.  (Read 13493 times)
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 09:45:47 PM

Acceptability by the retail stores will definitely create an avenue for people to know more about bitcoin and crypto currency in general. The bulk of the work are in the hand of Bitcoin users to educate other people on the important of Bitcoin as compared to other currency in the world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:08:28 PM

It is true that currently only a few countries have legalized bitcoin, and not all people are willing to trade using bitcoins, perhaps by the time they are willing to accept payments using bitcoin and must have a big influence in the real world that first recognizes paper currency
The reason why they don’t accept bitcoin is that they don’t have enough knowledge about it or modern world. Those who still don’t know about bitcoin are pathetic. They don’t know key to be a millionaire. I think that is because they are illiterate and don’t stick to any knowledgeable material that give them knowledge about bitcoin or any other technology. But those people must be told about it.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:22:26 PM

It is true that currently only a few countries have legalized bitcoin, and not all people are willing to trade using bitcoins, perhaps by the time they are willing to accept payments using bitcoin and must have a big influence in the real world that first recognizes paper currency
The reason why they don’t accept bitcoin is that they don’t have enough knowledge about it or modern world. Those who still don’t know about bitcoin are pathetic. They don’t know key to be a millionaire. I think that is because they are illiterate and don’t stick to any knowledgeable material that give them knowledge about bitcoin or any other technology. But those people must be told about it.
Of course people who already know and understand about their bitcoin will definitely use bitcoin. Many people have not joined because they have not had the opportunity to know bitcoin. So there needs to be massive deployment so they can get to know about bitcoin
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:56:11 PM

Many people yet don't have any idea about Bitcoin because Bitcoin itself is not very popular and not because they are illiterate. They even don't have any idea of its existence. Less than 1% of world's population is into Bitcoin. So, calling the other 99% illiterate and pathetic is itself pathetic. There is lack of awareness because there is lack of advertisement. Bitcoin is not very common in day to day news and hardly get any mention anywhere.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2786
Merit: 646

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:03:11 PM

I called around some stores to see if they accept BTC, no one has even heard of it except like 0.1% of people.  Wait till people actually find out this exists...
Its not surprising even on my place this is the situation on which 0% of them didnt even recognize on what is bitcoin and they dont have any idea on it. Everyday i do always search for a store in our place that do accept bitcoin as a payment and until now i havent found even one which is sad but doesnt matter at all because i know when adoption would increase even more ill know that they would accept very soon.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:09:37 PM

I think its pretty normal because not all stores accepts and knows about bitcoin and it really depends where you are from. As far as I know, the stores or restaurants that accepts bitcoins have this logo BTC on the door so before you come in you would know they accept bitcoin. But I do hope most stores would accept bitcoin though.
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:53:07 PM

I'm sure that these people dont know about bitcoin right now because of it's slow transactions time, I'm pretty sure if dev has solved the scaling problems then we'll see a number of % that know about bitcoin.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:37:39 PM

I called around some stores to see if they accept BTC, no one has even heard of it except like 0.1% of people.  Wait till people actually find out this exists...
That was a sad but practically a true scenario in our society. Even though bitcoin has already been widely established, known and popularized worldwide and has been already legalized and used in many countries around the globe, there are still instances that when you ask someone if they know what bitcoin is or if they are accepting bitcoin in exchange of their products and services, they will probably say that they do not know what bitcoin is and if it do really exist. But still hoping that along with the fast growth and rise of bitcoin, many people will soon know bitcoin better.
justdimin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:38:58 PM

There are many people in our society that is still not yet aware to the bitcoin. I think 10 years from now before they will have a knowledge about bitcoin. I think we need to make a move to spread our knowledge about bitcoin to the other people.
When somebody ask you about this and you told them how good is bitcoin to us, probably they are doubt and they say  that bitcoin is a kind of scam. That's why most people don't know about bitcoin because of their bad thinking but don't knowing how bitcoin can do for us. Because lack of interest and they don't want to be apart of a new world generation of currency.
The best solution for these blockheads is to leave them where they are with their orthodox thinking and let them learn about bitcoins in hard way. We all know that technology is essential for us as oxygen to carry out our daily life tasks and we need to move with technology rather than being reluctant to use latest technologies.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jovs

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:37:09 PM

I think it is really good that most of the people don't know what is bitcoin. This means that we are among the 1% (not sure about the percentage) of people that have known bitcoin sooner. That time when all of people know what is bitcoin and need that for their life, the price will be much higher than today. So we will be rich.

It is true that there is still a lot of people do not know bitcoin , yet having and setting I big development in terms of bitcoin could be the reason for them to get into Bitcoin. I also the kind of person that needs an explanation and proof before I believe on a something so the best thing to consider is by setting evidence for people to know what Bitcoin really is.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:37:14 PM

I think it is really good that most of the people don't know what is bitcoin. This means that we are among the 1% (not sure about the percentage) of people that have known bitcoin sooner. That time when all of people know what is bitcoin and need that for their life, the price will be much higher than today. So we will be rich.

Bingo. I get annoyed hearing it so much among bitcoiners so often, but it's very true: we are still early adopters. IMO, scoop up all the coins you still can, and be mindful of opportunities in altcoins to accumulate more bitcoins. Cryptocurrencies aren't going anywhere, and I'm very confident that Bitcoin will remain the king that rules them all.

Yes, we are the early adopters of the bitcoins but I think more people should start using the bitcoins. If more people start adopting bitcoins then the price will be keep increasing and it will also help to grow the bitcoin community.
doomloop

Activity: 2240
Merit: 579

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:56:28 PM

I'm sure that these people dont know about bitcoin right now because of it's slow transactions time, I'm pretty sure if dev has solved the scaling problems then we'll see a number of % that know about bitcoin.
bitcoin is very popular and famous currency but some people are not interested in bitcoin because bitcoin requires a lot of time for the transaction but it cannot decrease the value and the importance of the bitcoin because the price of the bitcoin is much higher than the transaction time. Bitcoin is making new features and I am very sure soon it will overcome this problem as well and then bitcoin will be the best currency ever and it will be more popular than before.

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:26:48 PM

And the bitcoin adoption in smaller stores will not be here any time soom, maybe a few here and there but nothing massive. Nothing untill the price is stabilized a little and u till more big companies and businesses adopt it, they need to lead the smaller ones.

Make a t-shirt promoting bitcoin or some other business or something like that, so people see it and eventually get interested to learn more on their own.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
GummyDwarf

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:36:09 PM

Everybody seems to have at least heard of it by now, but nobody really cares that much, or thinks its a scam, or pozi, etc
ramyon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:53:02 PM

yes it seems so in my environment is still very strange
dmamigo

Activity: 1204

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:26:51 PM

Gradually the awareness rate is increasing. When I started with Cryptos, most knew nothing. Now atleast many know about it, though their knowledge is still unclear regarding Bitcoin and altcoin. But atleast most heard about Bitcoin , few months later or next year I believe people will learn more about it.

dali_masmoudi

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:49:33 PM

Maybe because it is not commercial yet, there a lot of work to do to be known everywhere in the socity (banks, restaurants, shops, ....)
And I think that the first step is to be legal.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:55:42 PM

Gradually the awareness rate is increasing. When I started with Cryptos, most knew nothing. Now atleast many know about it, though their knowledge is still unclear regarding Bitcoin and altcoin. But atleast most heard about Bitcoin , few months later or next year I believe people will learn more about it.

This really applies to me, but actually if bitcoin wants to be widely known then it should get official attention from government regulations because in many countries tv is still the best business promotion media, it is not complicated to learn bitcoin, just a bit heavy for beginners because there is elements of risk and fluctuations in it.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:58:10 PM

Bingo. I get annoyed hearing it so much among bitcoiners so often, but it's very true: we are still early adopters. IMO, scoop up all the coins you still can, and be mindful of opportunities in altcoins to accumulate more bitcoins. Cryptocurrencies aren't going anywhere, and I'm very confident that Bitcoin will remain the king that rules them all.

Yes, we are the early adopters of the bitcoins but I think more people should start using the bitcoins. If more people start adopting bitcoins then the price will be keep increasing and it will also help to grow the bitcoin community.
But if most investor of Bitcoin are choose the way holding Bitcoin in long term, who are buyer on market helps us buy our Bitcoin in future? So, the supply and demand on market need balance, if not will make the bubble growht of Bitcoin breakdown soon.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:02:32 PM

Not everyone knows Bitcoin yet, at my work they all heard Bitcoin but some of them doesn't know how to use or get Bitcoin, they just know that the price of Bitcoin before was this and the price of Bitcoin now was this. People are afraid to try things especially if they are already late.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: