Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:20:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Most people dont even know what this is yet.  (Read 13493 times)
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:58:09 PM

I have told the bitcoin story to some people already, but none of them is really interested.
I guess to many people that is just some kind of smalltalk, they forget it immediatelly again.
After a few days I can tell them the whole story again and it seems to be completely new to them...
Maybe I am just a lousy narrator...

But I think it is the same when people hear about it in news and media.
The term bitcoin is stuck in their heads just for a few moments, and then overwritten by something else.

It's me!!!
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:54:16 PM

I have told the bitcoin story to some people already, but none of them is really interested.
I guess to many people that is just some kind of smalltalk, they forget it immediatelly again.
After a few days I can tell them the whole story again and it seems to be completely new to them...

The term bitcoin is stuck in their heads just for a few moments, and then overwritten by something else.
they are not interested because maybe they don't interact with it. yeah, who need blockchain, who need decentralized system, i still can eat without it.
Tell them about the price or tell they can rich by holding it or show car you bought with bitcoin then maybe they will start listening you Grin
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:00:49 PM

they are not interested because maybe they don't interact with it. yeah, who need blockchain, who need decentralized system, i still can eat without it.
Tell them about the price or tell they can rich by holding it or show car you bought with bitcoin then maybe they will start listening you Grin
Even then they're not supporters of bitcoin. They will earn bitcoins and exchange them to Fiat. Trust can not be bought for money. It is won. The blockchain is the path to freedom. Not everyone is ready to accept it. Many people have psychology of slaves and so they trust their lives to the government.
BunnyShibe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:32:25 PM

but i think most of the people are not taking interest in bitcoin because they do not have any knowledge about bitcoin. i think that they need proper education about bitcoin, and hope that if they will be properly train about bitcoin then they will certainly show good interest in bitcoin and will even start using it for multiple purposes.
mklost

Activity: 471
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:33:26 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 01:10:30 AM by mklost

We are still halfway to widespread use in a few years maybe I think it will be different but now it is very small compared.
Roman Abraham

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:47:58 AM

In my place the same thing happens, the people here the majority don't know the bitcoin, even there is not a store or place that received bitcoin as a means of payment. Today bitcoin is not much known especially in remote places or villages that have not internet connection, I think it is my duty to introduce bitcoin to them and invite them to join bitcoin. because I believe if one day in my place, I will find a place that provides payment with bitcoin.
MiF

Activity: 1316
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:55:30 AM

I called around some stores to see if they accept BTC, no one has even heard of it except like 0.1% of people.  Wait till people actually find out this exists...

Same here in our country in our company infact we are just 2% alone of 3,000 employees knows how bitcoin works. We try to share them about bitcoin so that like us they will earn too but they ignored because sounds wierd for them. May be 2 to 3 years bitcoin will be a popular here.
zander09

Activity: 546

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:16:13 AM

I called around some stores to see if they accept BTC, no one has even heard of it except like 0.1% of people.  Wait till people actually find out this exists...
Until now most of the people in the whole world don't know what bitcoin is, that's the truth. Though, bitcoin is already popular all over the world. But still in each nation there are few bitcoin enthusiast you will encounter. So, for me it is a good thing that we are few bitcoin community for now, because once it become world currency, can you imagine this forum will be crowded.
I think the % of the people who are still unaware of the bitcoin is very small and the number of the people who are using bitcoin is larger than them and the reason for this small % is that bitcoin is not legal in several countries and after legalization bitcoin will have its own recognition and it will be highlighted all around the world so it can make bitcoin more powerful and a lot of people will know about bitcoin.

Not all people will know bitcoin, everytime i tell to my friends about bitcoin they don't have any idea about it, and some of them heard it but not really know what is really bitcoin is. I tried to tell them but some of them don't want to believe me, so even if you tell to every body about bitcoin not all people will know about it because the others don't want to believe how powerful the bitcoin is.
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:18:11 AM

Same here in our country in our company infact we are just 2% alone of 3,000 employees knows how bitcoin works. We try to share them about bitcoin so that like us they will earn too but they ignored because sounds wierd for them. May be 2 to 3 years bitcoin will be a popular here.

You know what would be funny? Walk up to people and ask them if they will trade 1 Bitcoin for $5. Say you are really hungry and need something to eat and Walmart doesn't accept Bitcoin... they will probably say no. Cheesy
pekobites

Activity: 119
Merit: 13

0x88628bf14F2391707bA9d1767f83c694Efd2a8B9

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:27:07 AM

Here in southern South America (Uruguay, Argentina, Southern Brazil)

I don't know of any store that accepts bitcoin, and very few people do actually now about bitcoin

But I do my best to try to make people join the group heh

Autobay.io  │  The First Decentralized E-commerce platform to Buy or Sell Cars.
JOIN TOKEN SALE     ►   1 AUGUST 2018   ◄
[      WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      ANN THREAD      ]
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:11:52 AM

So far we can not say that bitcoin is familiar to other people, maybe somewhere else it's known, there's somebody else who says it's a real and fake or purely scam here, but they're wrong if they do not know what this task is, they do not know how  it helps people and how they change their life. But if you share your knowledge with others you will spread to your community that it is true and beneficial to those who need extra income. Don't be selfish share your knowledge Smiley.

masterwakokok7

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:46:50 AM

So far we can not say that bitcoin is familiar to other people, maybe somewhere else it's known, there's somebody else who says it's a real and fake or purely scam here, but they're wrong if they do not know what this task is, they do not know how  it helps people and how they change their life. But if you share your knowledge with others you will spread to your community that it is true and beneficial to those who need extra income. Don't be selfish share your knowledge Smiley.

Well, Bitcoin is not yet properly recognized by all businesses (Because It is not legally accepted worldwide, Yet!) and there is only a niche market of sellers/retailers that accept Bitcoin as payment. Like @Palider said a lot of people tend to think of Bitcoin is fraud and/or a scam. The idea of sharing our knowledge with them is very beneficial not only to you but to others, the only catch here is that every people have a different mindset. Not all people will accept Bitcoin like we do. No matter how good you present it as long as they don't want to open themselves to an opportunity, or we can simply say that some people are close minded and as a result, they will reject your inputs and worst they might say something negative feedback about you and your beliefs.

It's indeed that we need not be selfish about it, Hence we must promote it. But, be sure that your audiences are open minded for you not to waste your time and effort. It's not that I'm hindering you to spread the information but be selective on whom you will share it, so that it would continuously spread.

jekjekman

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:05:35 AM

Then it is good for us people that already knew what is bitcoin all about because we are here now already believing to the potential of the revolutionary digital money in the internet.

Imagine that if majority of people in your place only knew about bitcoin is 0.1% then after 4 to 5 years it grows to 10% then I am sure that the price of bitcoin will go even higher more than ever, just that is another positive thoughts, don't mine the haters though.
bitterguy28

Activity: 1960
Merit: 174

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 06:17:44 AM

I think it is really good that most of the people don't know what is bitcoin. This means that we are among the 1% (not sure about the percentage) of people that have known bitcoin sooner. That time when all of people know what is bitcoin and need that for their life, the price will be much higher than today. So we will be rich.

oh pretty nice opinion mate and i very agree hopely bitcoin become famous in the whole worlrd and bitcoin in the few years many people know the impotance and the power of bitcoin to help people to get a decent life with using bitcoin as currency. this is very possible because bitcoin the popularization goes up many country accept the bitcoin as currency to help the economy.

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:19:33 PM

Yeah that's true some people in our community didnt know what is this because the other people who didnt know this is may have some reason like they are no free time to find out what it is because they think really, it's just waste of his/her time. But if you want to share your know about this your experiences share it to your friend? family relatives or friend of your friends Smiley. So they can be inspired by what you've come up with since you invest in bitcoin.

That’s true. Many people are sadly unaware of this amazing technology and even if they know, they don’t have any strong inspiration and motivation to work for it. I agree with you that we need to share our experience and profits with our fellow so that they too can jump into crypto market.

When more number of people will be doing this intensively then we can see almost all the people will be enforced to get aware of bitcoin ecosystem which will be obviously helping bitcoin prices to fly.
wowanstrong

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:25:43 PM

Unfortunately, many people did not even hear about bitcoin and miss the opportunity to make good money. We need to try to talk as much as possible about this wonderful way of earning money.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
uraharasan

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:26:50 PM

Many people are sadly unaware of this amazing technology and even if they know, they don’t have any strong inspiration and motivation to work for it.
Cause of many people are not enthusiastic because they don't understand that Bitcoin can be obtained for free and can withdraw to local currency.
rachelia13

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:23:29 PM

In my neighborhood I only found 3 people who know about bitcoin, and they are my nephew, my niece and my sister. All of my friends even doesnt know and never heard about bitcoin. I feel sorry for them who never heard about bitcoin because it means they miss the opportunity to earn income quickly and easy
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:43:59 AM

Bitcoin is growing into number of supporters and well where i do live i dont know no one that uses or accept bitcoin, but im part of local group, and there are over 300-2000 people already dealing and doing business with bitcoin, sure if i go ask in the street i do believe the most wont be able to answer or know what is bitcoin, thats why companies that does manage big funds will have an important role at crypto promotion. Maybe its time to someone organize a Rock In Rio with bitcoin only, i dont see any better sugestion to promote global bitcoin, if not organize atleast be one of the sponsors.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:49:53 AM

That's because there are still people that are not awared of cryptocurrency. There are still countries that don't recognize it as a currency. That's also why we need to encourage more people to become ine of its users and more investors to invest in Bitcoin. It will surely make Bitcoin popular, that'll also make its demand and market value higher.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: