Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:52:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to follow a wallets spending history from block chain data?  (Read 295 times)
beamin (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:35:04 AM

Since every transaction is recorded couldn't you follow a wallet on the block chain? Like if you know someone who is really good at trading couldn't you follow their orders by looking for their wallet address?Also couldn't you trace money from one wallet into another?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:47:38 AM

Since every transaction is recorded couldn't you follow a wallet on the block chain? Like if you know someone who is really good at trading couldn't you follow their orders by looking for their wallet address?Also couldn't you trace money from one wallet into another?

I think there are some wallets wherein you can track their bitcoin addresses. But there are some bitcoin wallets especially exchangers that is so hard to track. I am using bitcoin wallet from an exchanger names Coins.ph. If you will be tracking my transactions, you will be confused on where do I send my coins but the truth is I send it only in one address.
rebel92

Activity: 616
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:00:05 AM

Yes you can but how you would to know if this trader transfer this amount to an other person, there is a lot of crypto currency and a lot of adresses, how you would to know what the crypto currency he is buying or selling, so i guess its hard to do it and just a waste of time.
zergenyt09

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:44:19 AM

Yes you can but how you would to know if this trader transfer this amount to an other person, there is a lot of crypto currency and a lot of adresses, how you would to know what the crypto currency he is buying or selling, so i guess its hard to do it and just a waste of time.
Yes it is but I think it is not good and legal to trace somebody’s wallet and look how much he has and be stolen and hacked. Because the individual wallets are personal property and nobody is allowed to enter into somebody’s property without special request and permission.

Also there are some wallets which cannot be traced due to a strong security. I think all the wallet holders should take the same security.
Phillionex Project

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:27:04 PM

Offcourse its easy to see the trail of the transactions
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: