Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:22:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN WILL NOT IT SURVIVE THE NEXT 5 YEARS???  (Read 551 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:01:23 PM

The current surge in BTC price is contrary to most market policy as the rise is hinged on a massive FOMO (Fear of missing out).

With increase in transaction fees and delay in confirmation alongside aggressive forks... I fear the survival of BITCOIN as the premier cryptocurrency in the next 5 years...

What is your view on this???

It's difficult to predict the market's reaction to the Segwit2x fork threat. For example, we saw the bottom (after a month-long correction) before the BIP148 fork threat on July 15th -- two weeks before the fork was set to occur. We are still 5 weeks or more away from the potential fork in November, so it's possible that a similar scenario could play out.

As for transaction fees, they have gone down considerably from the height of the spam attacks, and Segwit transactions are significantly cheaper. Many wallet providers now offer Segwit, so everyone can take advantage of the lower fees. And the Lightning desktop app is now available for testing: https://twitter.com/lightning/status/918564167778369537

LN can considerably lower fees...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OVINED (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:20:25 PM

Well whereas the forks affect price positively for holders who make gains. I doubt that continuous forks will be a good thing for the survival of BTC as the premier cryptocurrency
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:25:29 PM

People used to afraid of new things and they are skeptical about it's future. The same was when automobiles just appeared. The same story is happening with Bitcoin. I think in sooner time people will realize all advantages of Bitcoin and legalization and regulation will catch the whole world. In the future Bitcoin will be such usual thing of our daily life just like paper money.
lilRoy07

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:25:56 PM

I am cashing out of bitcoin end of 2020,

doesn't matter what the price is.

Bitcoin isn't life and death.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:30:25 PM

my opinion, BTC will survive more then we thought. Why... It is independent and non traceable, and don't need bank to make transaction. Undecided
I think it will survive but the reason you have mentioned is that but i think this is the tread for bit con to accept by governments because bit coin can be used for money laundering through the corrupt politicians  and officers and businessmen who are using tax aversion can use bit coin for to make their money white. So to make its survival for next centuries it should be assure to make its dealing transparent.
kriptotr

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:36:10 PM

The current surge in BTC price is contrary to most market policy as the rise is hinged on a massive FOMO (Fear of missing out).

With increase in transaction fees and delay in confirmation alongside aggressive forks... I fear the survival of BITCOIN as the premier cryptocurrency in the next 5 years...

Bitcoin doesn't have be applied for practical usage. It can be only an investment instrument on the financial markets and exchanges, this way it doesn't have problem. The sustainability won't be affected by the problems about the daily usage of bitcoin.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:23:11 PM

Yes it will not survive, as a currency bitcoin isn't suited for daily usage due to higher transaction fee and long confirmation and people always looking for the cheaper and faster crypto, sooner or later bitcoin lose it's existance as payment gateway but don't forget bitcoin is also an investment tool which better than other coins and people will invest on it no matter the fee is and how long the confirmation takes, just my thought.
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 439

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:32:57 PM

My view is that it will survived in the next 5 years or even more because as what you have said, its based on FOMO. It will continue to awake and aroused the excitement of the masses to go to and try bitcoin trading or investing. I don't see delay in confirmation time today the mempool recently has not been clogged and if you are going to compare transaction fees against Western Union or Paypal its still quite cheap for me.

Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrencies, expect >500.000$/BTC in the next years

This is what I want to see, aggressive and very bullish about the market. Bitcoin will remain the #1 crypto in the market in the next 5 years or so, I'm expecting that the price could go higher every year. We have reach 400% increased, so its possible that it can touch $10,000 or more. You just have to wait and see.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
de_xt

Activity: 602
Merit: 535

Account hacked from Oct 11th to Nov 1st 2017

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:44:47 PM

In the next few years,  will be better coins than Bitcoin and take Bitcoin's place. This could be a few years, five years, maybe ten years. But Bitcoin will not be forgotten that for digital money is a first.  Bitcoin can continue as a altcoin may be.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:58:06 AM

Oh look a new account making a shit post. Wow. Did you think before making this thread? If you feel this way please leave we don't want none believers. Don't use your nonesense in us noone will listen. Bitcoin will not die anytime soon I'll bet my entire Bitcoin savings on that. Bitcoin will be worth so much in 5 years that only an idiot would sell now. $5400 is the price right now and you still complaining. Tell me something, are you even making money? Why should we listen to anything you say?

OVINED (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:09:52 AM

Oh look a new account making a shit post. Wow. Did you think before making this thread? If you feel this way please leave we don't want none believers. Don't use your nonesense in us noone will listen. Bitcoin will not die anytime soon I'll bet my entire Bitcoin savings on that. Bitcoin will be worth so much in 5 years that only an idiot would sell now. $5400 is the price right now and you still complaining. Tell me something, are you even making money? Why should we listen to anything you say?

Uh uh... Whereas I may be a newbie on BITCOIN talk but I'm not on BITCOIN itself. If you read carefully through all the post and comments, you will understand my view, "bitcoin survival as the premier Crypto", BTC is almost $6,000 tonight and it's a beautiful adventure and profit for us holders.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: