Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:44:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tezos > Ether (in the news)  (Read 562 times)
williamevanl (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:12:00 AM

So I've been a bit of a skeptic talking with the Tezos community as they keep harping on how Ether isn't secure because the language is too high level. Well, looks like they were correct as Ether was hacked for 32 Million today!

I kind of wonder if we aren't going to witness a perfect storm here as Ether takes some hits due to the lack of security and Tezos the new smart contract kid on the block comes on the scene. Should be interesting!

Though for a bit of balance, Tezos which has been in development since 2014 has an incredibly low level contract language which while being much safer will be way more difficult for hobby level programmers to work with. So we still might see a lot of folks gravitate towards Ether for ease of use. I've spent some time looking at both at Ether is WAY easier to write smart contracts in. (but I guess if it's not secure that might not matter)
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 04:51:06 AM

try ARK, it kick shit not working yet tezos or crap etheroom to the crap corner.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
williamevanl (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:54:13 AM

try ARK, it kick shit not working yet tezos or crap etheroom to the crap corner.

I'm not able to understand your post.
jezus

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:55:22 AM

I was thinking tezos have new algorytm but is based on etherum.

█████████████████████████████████████████
██                                     ██
██ █████████████▄ ▀███████████████████ ██
██ ██          ▀██▄ ▀██▄            ██ ██
██ ██            ▀██▄ ▀██▄          ██ ██
██ ██              ▀██▄ ▀██▄        ██ ██
██ ██                ▀██▄ ▀██▄  ▄▄████ ██
██ ██                  ▀██▄ ▀████▀▀    ██
██ ██                    ▀██▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ██
██ ██▄                     ▀██  ██  ██ ██
██ █████▄                 ▄▄██  ██  ██ ██
██     ▀███▄        ▄▄██████▀ ▄▄ ▀████ ██
██ ████▄ ▀▀██ ▄▄██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄████▄▄    ██
██ ██  ██  ▀███▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀████ ██
██ ██  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄           ██ ██
██ ████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄          ██ ██
██   ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█ ██   ██ █▄         ██ ██
██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ███████ █████████████ ██
██                                     ██
█████████████████████████████████████████
LASER ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS

A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER
FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
[]
williamevanl (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:58:00 AM

I was thinking tezos have new algorytm but is based on etherum.

Nope, I will not be shilling Tezos as I say just as much negative as I do positive but they are not another bogus ERC-20 token built on the etherium platform. They have built an entirely new self governing protocol from the ground up and first shared this news with the bitcointalk community over 3 years ago when the development started.  

For the most part, nearly all the new ICO's you see are just copied github code of previous ERC-20 offerings. Tezos is NOT that. I know it's hard to wade through all the garbage ICO's but this is why Tezos was the largest ICO to date and I think will be for some time to come. (that is if people do their homework).

I have plenty of complaints about the project but it's one of the only 'real' projects I've seen in years.
AlexAlyn

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:54:11 PM

Can't wait for tezos to be fully functional. I invested in the ICO because of the way they handle forks and the voting scheme.
mercer007

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:52:47 PM

Desperately waiting for Tezos to launch!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: