Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:57:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When does the Byteball distribution end?  (Read 772 times)
cellard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:36:26 PM

Byteball got some interesting technology, but the distribution is clearly a problem for investors, the inflation pressure is too big, the supply gets getting expanded lowering the price. My 2 questions are:

1) When is the last distributon stage going to happen?
2) What is the final byteball supply?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:59:01 PM

The distribution ends when all coins are distributed. Almost 53% of all coins have been distributed yet. It is also hard to predict because the distribution rules changes from time to time. However a rough prediction says that there will be six or seven more distribution rounds until the 1 million GBYTE have been distributed.
cellard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:21:28 PM

The distribution ends when all coins are distributed. Almost 53% of all coins have been distributed yet. It is also hard to predict because the distribution rules changes from time to time. However a rough prediction says that there will be six or seven more distribution rounds until the 1 million GBYTE have been distributed.

So it's at least 1 entire year of inflation for byteball? that doesn't sound good for the price. Is the release of the coins similar to bitcoin? It would be cool if we could have something like this for byteball:

shouldn't the coin distribution be predictable? I think its better than constantly changing it.
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:08:05 PM

The distribution scheme has changed. People will now get 10-times less Byteball for holding Bitcoins and 2-time less Byteball for holding Byteballs. The inflation will thus be much smaller now compared to the previous months.

cellard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:01:24 AM

The distribution scheme has changed. People will now get 10-times less Byteball for holding Bitcoins and 2-time less Byteball for holding Byteballs. The inflation will thus be much smaller now compared to the previous months.

I have been hearing this and I don't understand what they mean by "holding bitcoins". How can you hold bitcoins on the byteball wallet and get paid by doing so?

If I use the signing address method how much will I get?

My wallet says I have the GB that I was waiting to get transacted in the last period, so im holding byteballs on the wallet. Im now signing the remaining addresses, im going to sign all of my BTC addresses, it will take a while but I will get a decent amount of byteball next period (last period I was learning)

I just don't understand what "holding bitcoins" means..?
chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:30:06 AM

Are there any true Byteball believers out here or everyone just along for the free crypto to eventually flip? Cool

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:35:31 AM

I have been hearing this and I don't understand what they mean by "holding bitcoins". How can you hold bitcoins on the byteball wallet and get paid by doing so?

My wallet says I have the GB that I was waiting to get transacted in the last period, so im holding byteballs on the wallet. Im now signing the remaining addresses, im going to sign all of my BTC addresses, it will take a while but I will get a decent amount of byteball next period (last period I was learning)

They are airdroping you coins based on your bitcoins held by you in your btc address (and byteball held)
They do this around the full moon each month. Take a snapshot of your holdings. You prove you own with a private msg key from bitcoin-qt wallet or such. Or sending them tiny fee from btc addresses you own.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:30:23 AM

I am not 100% sure exactly when it will be but previously it was estimated 2-3 more drops at that current airdrop rules. Since they have changed others are speculating 4-5 airdrops more now. Which is good if your a holder of GBYTE and in general believe in the project. IMO prevents weak hands from dumping quick
nappoleon

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:36:27 AM

means, bitcoins held on the linked addresses at the time of snapshot.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
infinity_times_nil

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:48:10 AM

Are there any true Byteball believers out here or everyone just along for the free crypto to eventually flip? Cool
I'm not sure what would qualify one as a true believer, but I think it's one of the most interesting technologies out there (that I know of...). Paired with the nice wallet, an active team and even a clear goal to get this coin used it certainly has potential.
tiger2monkey

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:15:31 AM

It changed to reward more to existing byteball holder and slow down the distribution/inflation, which may lead to price increase.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:15:21 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 06:27:46 AM by Herbert2020

Byteball got some interesting technology, but the distribution is clearly a problem for investors, the inflation pressure is too big, the supply gets getting expanded lowering the price. My 2 questions are:

1) When is the last distributon stage going to happen?
2) What is the final byteball supply?

the final supply of Byteball has always been fixed, it has never changed and supply is not "expanding". you are confusing the sell pressure because some people got free coins with having a big supply.

1) since the distribution is based on how many people holding how much bitcoin and byteball claim the distribution, it is impossible to tell for sure when it is going to end. but based on how things are going and how interest has grown, probably 2-3 round until the end.
2) 10^15 bytes (1 gigabyte is 1 billion bytes) = 1 Mil GBYTE (for comparison's sake bitcoin has 21 mil BTC max)

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
goldenchip

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:26:56 AM

[...]
2) 10^15 bytes (1 gigabyte is 1 billion bytes) = 10 Mil GBYTE (for comparison's sake bitcoin has 21 mil BTC max)
No, man. There will be only 1 million GBYTE.
You're probably right about the rest.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:10:43 AM

Maybe price will drop further when distribution will end. Imagine many holders will keep byteball to receive more coins at airdrop schedules, when that period ends most of those that do not believe project will immediately dump for profit.
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:49:48 AM

Yes, I received GBB in the last two airdrops, did not sell any shares and am planning to purchase more when I feel the bottom has been reached.

1. Broad distribution - over 98% have been distributed for free and many of the new owners are whales, many of these are whales who have large unrealized profits in BTC that may be invested elsewhere

2. Unique technology - useful for more than just a currency, functionality includes conditional payments, flight delays bot, asset manager bot (custom token creation), etc

3. Free call option - we still don't know what black bytes are oirth, but this sweetens the deal for long term GBB hodlers, we could be pleasantly surprised

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: