Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:23:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New portfolio, eager to hear some thoughts and opinions  (Read 531 times)
namethathasntbeentaken (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

update : namewastaken

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:02:57 AM

Haven't really thought about the percentages i'm doing on each coin, but it'll be something like this :

5% Wings
5% Nav Coin
5% Edgeless
5% Viacoin
10% Ark
25% OmiseGo
25% Decred
20% Waves

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:12:19 AM

I like Waves and Ark a lot, especially looking forward to the SmartBridge feature. Not very familiar with the others. You might want to consider picking up some SONM due to the super low price. Look at Golem for a reference of what to expect roughly by the end of the year price-wise (SONM is the better project).

AiCoin and Presearch might be interesting as well. Presearch being more risky and longer-term, AiCoin being safe with strong profits for any time horizon.
namethathasntbeentaken (OP)

Activity: 150

update : namewastaken

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:21:43 AM

I like Waves and Ark a lot, especially looking forward to the SmartBridge feature. Not very familiar with the others. You might want to consider picking up some SONM due to the super low price. Look at Golem for a reference of what to expect roughly by the end of the year price-wise (SONM is the better project).

AiCoin and Presearch might be interesting as well. Presearch being more risky and longer-term, AiCoin being safe with strong profits for any time horizon.

Haven't heard about those 2, will definitely check it out...
SONM does look interesting, but where can i trade it?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
jk_14
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:23:58 AM

You can get SONM on Liqui.io
The ICO price was around 14 cents by the way, so you can at least expect that much in the coming weeks or so. By the end of the year anything from 30 cents to $1.20 goes.

You can shoot me any questions that you might have about the other two ICOs by the way. Blocklancer could also be interesting as a longer term investment.
meejay

Activity: 630

"Venture into Sports"

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 10:59:58 AM

The ICO price was around 14 cents by the way, so you can at least expect that much in the coming weeks or so. By the end of the year anything from 30 cents to $1.20 goes.

You can shoot me any questions that you might have about the other two ICOs by the way. Blocklancer could also be interesting as a longer term investment.
Hi JK,

I agree your thoughts on SONM as being a potential project.

Although there is a large range given by you, I found your price estimations on SONM very interesting. Does your estimations have bases other than the information provided by the team through white paper and business model?

Kind regards,

Just2102

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:23:48 PM

Hi ! If you have a small capital to invest and if you are looking for great return I think this is a good portfolio. But if you have a big amount to invest, I would add a significant part of BTC in the portfolio to minimize the risks.
wojak

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:42:38 PM

I would also buy IOTA on your place for long term investment, it is very solid coin, the reason why I am here and trading at all. it gave me 100% profit last weeks, and it will gain slowly but permanently IMHO

Bitmex profit calculator with notifications

The anaphylaxis of the DC-Mini is expanding exponentially!
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:12:43 PM

Decred omisego  waves good choices

Ark and via I got to but small amounts

Look at maidsafe factom and Blocknet

Maidsafe and factom are a bit hard to understand so it will take some time but it will be worth it
Westfiled

Activity: 271

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:43:56 PM

Haven't really thought about the percentages i'm doing on each coin, but it'll be something like this :

5% Wings
5% Nav Coin
5% Edgeless
5% Viacoin
10% Ark
25% OmiseGo
25% Decred
20% Waves
You should change the nav coin with another coin such as status network token, I may think it will go up as fast as possible. edgeless already on the dip[ right now. Just try to divided your amount into the same part of your investment.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
jk_14
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:00:30 PM

Hi JK,

I agree your thoughts on SONM as being a potential project.

Although there is a large range given by you, I found your price estimations on SONM very interesting. Does your estimations have bases other than the information provided by the team through white paper and business model?

Kind regards,
My price range is large since it covers a lot of potential scenarios.
Getting back to an ICO price of 0.14 USD is pretty much guaranteed and going any lower than 0.04 cents is extremely unlikely. 30 cents would be a mere doubling of the ICO price, which in a time frame of half a year is quite far from unusual.
From that point onward I'm just tracing the Golem movement. Converting the peak of the GNT price to SNM we'd end up with a maximum between $1 and $1.20 per SNM in about half a year. However, Golem has failed to deliver code on time repeatedly and spent quite a lot on marketing. SONM on the other hand focuses on developing and largely ignores marketing (which is the right move in my opinion). While this could negatively impact the SONM price when compared with Golem, it's more likely that people would start jumping on SONM once they see that roadmap milestones are repeatedly reached on time. Alas, I would not be surprised if SONM increased even more than GNT within the same time frame, which could lead to prices upwards of $1.20. How much higher is completely up to chance though, so I stopped the optimistic end of the estimate at that price. Either way, there's very few coins that are as likely to rise as much within the coming months as this one.

Around this time next year, which is when a fully working product is expected, prices could potenntially start climbing at a faster rate than they did during the ICO/speculation phase. At that point marketing will become increasingly interesting in order to assert market dominance. The better product will have a massive advantage here though, and so far Golem has been slacking off.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:23:23 PM

Hi ! If you have a small capital to invest and if you are looking for great return I think this is a good portfolio. But if you have a big amount to invest, I would add a significant part of BTC in the portfolio to minimize the risks.

I agree with this. The larger the investment, the more you need in BTC to protect (partially) against volatility. Same goes for the larger alts such as ETH.
If you're putting in a large amount, don't gamble it all on smaller coins. In general the smaller the marketcap the greater the risk - not always of course, but on average.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: