Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:37:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC as a national currency?  (Read 12554 times)
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 03:46:18 PM

I think the whole idea is not a good one because it's hard to "implement" bitcoin as a national currency because of the infrastructure and other legal issues that a country faces. But I think that it's good to see bitcoin being more popular more useable by people and step by step bitcoin can become the most used currency within a country and then the government can think if it worth or not to set Bitcoin as a national currency.
Its impossible for a bitcoin to be a national currency because currencies such as dollars and yen symbolized sovereignty of a country plus it has its historical  value. Why would the government replace their own currency that will prove their economic status vs. other country's economic status. Government may accept bitcoin as a method of payment but not as a primary mode of exchange.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mastadonballs

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:19:28 PM

I think the whole idea is not a good one because it's hard to "implement" bitcoin as a national currency because of the infrastructure and other legal issues that a country faces. But I think that it's good to see bitcoin being more popular more useable by people and step by step bitcoin can become the most used currency within a country and then the government can think if it worth or not to set Bitcoin as a national currency.
Its impossible for a bitcoin to be a national currency because currencies such as dollars and yen symbolized sovereignty of a country plus it has its historical  value. Why would the government replace their own currency that will prove their economic status vs. other country's economic status. Government may accept bitcoin as a method of payment but not as a primary mode of exchange.
Bitcoin is an asset for all people on the world, therefore if Bitcoin can become to legal, it will is currency for international in field payment online. It cannot replace FIAT, the reason you also know there are many people do not know Bitcoin, cryptocurrency and blockchain, change suddenly will make them confused.
Zuilhsa

Activity: 296

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:57:16 PM

Bitcoin is extremely a new technology, as many countries continue to adopt this technology there are chances for bitcoin to become national currency but there arises more legal issues. So it is a hard thing, just wait for future.

ryankung

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:08:20 PM

No,But I think BTC will be always existed as the main gateway of exchange for ICOs and other blockchain application.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:10:30 PM

Bitcoin can not be controlled and it can't be made into national currency because it's just not the perfect choice. It's not liquid, it's not stable either which makes it difficult to manage in terms of fiat type of currency. There is one more problem with bitcoin and that's it is limited in number which means it is not sufficient to fulfil the demands of national economics system. Just imagine with 21 million cap how much worth money can be circulated? I think that won't be sufficient so everything brings to one conclusion and that's bitcoin can't be accepted as national currency.

killerfrost

Activity: 1960
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 07:14:46 PM

So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?
The BTC is rising, and it is very likely that it will become the national currency. Developed countries always want their money to be valuable in the world. Therefore, there are many countries want BTC become their money. In addition, they are still concerned about the Bitcoin properties such as hierarchy and security. That may make them unable to control Bitcoin even if it has become its currency

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:58:25 PM

Perhaps for some basic reasons such as the decentralization and fluctuation systems found in bitcoin systems, it makes governments more demanding to consider bitcoin as the national currency of a country and is unlikely. Because so far bitcoin was created for everyone in the world not for a country only.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:04:24 AM

No i wouldn't support this making it a national currency would mean i have to use it to buy goods and services no matter what and with price fluctuating by so much daily it might cause a loss for me. I would want a national currency whose price is stable not like bitcoin which changes everyday. It's better for bitcoin to be a investment because of the fees
Forhadm

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:31:28 AM

Bitcoin can never become a national currency for any country,or in this world because bitcoin is decentralized and no one controls the generation of bitcoins. No enforcement agency can control the supply of bitcoin.it was not permission for this national government  so this why Btc is not as a national currency.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:08:04 AM

Bitcoin, for now, is not suitable to become a national currency of any country. Bitcoin's value is too volatile so a product or service will always change in price with respect to the price of Bitcoin. Also, a transaction fee is there with every transaction, this is not practical in using in a daily basis. It will be hard for the government to control the scenario. So if a country will make Bitcoin as its national currency then they have to regulate it first.
I don't think everyone will not agree to this idea because there are still many who don't know about bitcoins here in my country. And in my own perspective, using bitcoins as a money for everyday use is not practical. Our transactions to small stores and markets will become slower than the usual. The bank systems will be distracted because of the entry of new currency also. Lastly, not everyone can use btc because it is a digital currency, and not all of us can access to Internet easily.

The bottomline, I still prefer conventional money (but I do not disregard the significance of Bitcoins) Smiley
lilit

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:11:43 AM

Bitcoin can not become a national currency, because it implies anonymity and earnings on an unstable price increase. The usual currency does not provide such opportunities.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
kuryadi

Activity: 182

Buglab.io

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:17:35 AM

I think bitcoin is more than that. bitcoin into global currency in my opinion. because bitcoin can be used for transactions between countries. you can send bitcoins to your friends in other countries .. or if you want to buy goods from overseas sites you can pay them using bitcoin. this is very easy because your transaction is done directly .. and without tax. although bitcoin has not been legall in many countries. but the use of bitcoin is allowed by the government. so the transaction no longer use fiat money. but can use digital money that is bitcoin.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
czhy20

Activity: 129
Merit: 3

bitrace® | JOIN NOW

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:23:56 AM

It will never be a national currency. Because not all people uses bitcoin. Not all places have internet connections. And I think it would be a hasle when making small transactions.

bitrace®
[ PRE-ICO | Jan 25th - Feb 25th ]
[    ICO    | Feb 25th - Mar 25th ] (http://bitrace-token.com)
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:52:34 PM

About historical I wouldn't mind much about it because things nowadays are changing fast and rapidly, just remember where was the cryptocurrencies and the internet before 15-20 years. Same goes for the future, maybe even faster the things are changing and we should not be surprised that a country can implement Bitcoin as their national currency, of course this can happen first in small countries to see how it goes and then expand to others.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:24:46 AM

American dollars are valued almost everywhere in the world, and the Euro is a currency in the whole europe, Bitcoin is a bit like the Euro, because of its unifying feature.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:47:30 AM

Maybe, in the future bitcoin will be implemented throughout the world but dollars and other currencies will continue to use in order to control the nation's currency .

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
WinBeast

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:09:48 AM

Bitcoin opposes national currency's and one of the biggest benefits of cryptocurrency as a category is the fact that it's decentralized and detached from any government.

Governments may adapt Bitcoin, don't get me wrong, but it will never be tethered to or managed by a nation.
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:32:26 AM

Bitcoin is not designed in a way that it can replace national currency and become the dominant mode of payment in a country. It is an international currency and I don't think it will be able to dominate any country's market until government is there. Also a deflationary currency like Bitcoin is not good for economic development. It hinders the growth.
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:55:30 PM

Being a national currency meaning owning the coin and I don't that would be a good idea because if that woukd be happen the price of bitcoin will be probably fixed and it may not be useful globally as it is today. Government will have the control over bitcoin which I think will result to negative feedback of users
Yes, bitcoins are not created to be owned by one particular state or a person. Indeed, making them national currency will surely lead to the nonvolatile nature of the bitcoins. People will lose interest if it also starts working like conventional currencies. Investors are attracted towards bitcoins because they see them as investments not a currency.
ModGirl

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:22:51 PM

Bitcoin can never become a national currency for any country,or in this world because bitcoin is decentralized and no one controls the generation of bitcoins. No enforcement agency can control the supply of bitcoin.it was not permission for this national government  so this why Btc is not as a national currency.
Yes, you logic of reasoning is very much right. Being Decentralized mean that no one is controlling this Bitcoin. Neither any individual nor any country. So there are less likely chances of this thing to happen. But, things can change in future. May be a day come when we see Bitcoin as National Currency as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: