Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:46:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the combined net worth of all bitcoins in existence?  (Read 562 times)
Captimiz (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:19:53 PM

As in, every bitcoin that has ever existed, but not including the bitcoins they may be mined in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:22:37 PM

I believe that you mean the market capitalization. We have 16,506,412 BTC in circulation right now, the price is 4300$~. Multiply them and there you got it. I'd use CoinMarketCap so you don't go through all the process.
Dhaaaw

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:29:17 PM

if you mean Bitcoin market cap right it's near the  ~$70,000,000,000 but it's only relative to the unit bitcoin price, which can change the market cap drastically with a small unit change  Smiley
RedditMaster

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:13:09 PM

if you mean Bitcoin market cap right it's near the  ~$70,000,000,000 but it's only relative to the unit bitcoin price, which can change the market cap drastically with a small unit change  Smiley

It is crazy, actually considering the market cap was just $45,000,000,000 a couple weeks ago!  Huh
Captimiz (OP)

Activity: 130

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:43:36 PM

if you mean Bitcoin market cap right it's near the  ~$70,000,000,000 but it's only relative to the unit bitcoin price, which can change the market cap drastically with a small unit change  Smiley

Since the net worth of Bitcoins is that high, I don't understand how prices are still rising so rapidly.

Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:58:01 PM

if you mean Bitcoin market cap right it's near the  ~$70,000,000,000 but it's only relative to the unit bitcoin price, which can change the market cap drastically with a small unit change  Smiley

Since the net worth of Bitcoins is that high, I don't understand how prices are still rising so rapidly.

The answer is quite simple one, the Bitcoin user base is around 15-17 million users, the Bitcoin still is in its early stage of adoption, more people are coming in for this revolutionary technology thanks to recent media hype and good news surrounding bitcoin, like japan accepting bitcoin,  the south Korea news and so on. The end result is everyone wants the piece of the pie, but there isn't much supply to meet that demand, causing a surge in the price, just imagine if the Bitcoin gets around 100-500 million users. There is much to come, this is just a glimpse.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1159

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:35:07 AM

I can't do it on my phone, and at the same time it keeps coming back in scientific notation. But this is actually pretty easy to do. If you wanted to know the value of the entire Bitcoin chain, for this particular moment all you have to do is multiply $4,000 * 21 billion. Basically that puts it over trillion. For the information that you're looking for it's the same transaction and math but substitute 21 billion with the amount of Bitcoins that are currently in circulation.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:20:09 AM

The prices will go up based on demand. If people think that future of Bitcoin is good then they start buying more and more compared to sellers then its price will go higher. Currently, bitcoins are not still using in many mainstream businesses and if they start using it then we can see its prices can go even much higher compared to current prices. Don't look at its market value just accumulate in small amount whenever you see some correction to make good money in future.
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:53:44 AM

I can't do it on my phone, and at the same time it keeps coming back in scientific notation. But this is actually pretty easy to do. If you wanted to know the value of the entire Bitcoin chain, for this particular moment all you have to do is multiply $4,000 * 21 billion. Basically that puts it over trillion. For the information that you're looking for it's the same transaction and math but substitute 21 billion with the amount of Bitcoins that are currently in circulation.

That doesn't tell you how many are actually in use, and there's no way to actually no that is you would have to know the number of burnt and lost coins.
The information even if provided is of no use to people and even for bitcoin itself.
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:10:05 AM

The market cap is only 73,000,000,000 imagine when 1 Bitcoin is worth $1,000,000... Wow.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 06:38:43 AM

This...

And this...

It is crazy, actually considering the market cap was just $45,000,000,000 a couple weeks ago!  Huh

...should make us all recognize how quickly this value can come or go. Wealth made on paper is not wealth. Let's just all be aware of it. I hope Bitcoin soars way past the moon, but let's not forget the risk. If demand stops, the price drops.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:55:08 AM

I believe that you mean the market capitalization. We have 16,506,412 BTC in circulation right now, the price is 4300$~. Multiply them and there you got it. I'd use CoinMarketCap so you don't go through all the process.

Since the price is fluctuating we wont know its net worth but if it averages 4000 dollars then its a simple multiplication as you have said and were a long way to go to sustain the monetary system. They've said that in order for bitcoin to match the gold reserve, one bitcoin must be 500000 dollars and thats a lot of amount. If you have 10 BTC today then you van start a very good business, build some shelter and secure the monetary needs of your future and this are all just an speculation and truth are born from here so keep pushing the block chain technology.

farwellbit

Activity: 287
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:34:51 AM

As in, every bitcoin that has ever existed, but not including the bitcoins they may be mined in the future.
That’s very huge though and its very hard to say but the worth of all bitcoins I think should be about $5 billion if not even much more because bitcoin is a very expensive currency and as such the people that bought the currency very early are the ones enjoying the most
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:06:18 AM

That’s very huge though and its very hard to say but the worth of all bitcoins I think should be about $5 billion if not even much more because bitcoin is a very expensive currency and as such the people that bought the currency very early are the ones enjoying the most
Indeed! It is not a piece of cake to predict or tell the accurate worth of bitcoins. There are millions of bitcoins and each is worth in thousands of dollars. Yeah! They are not less than $5 billion in worth altogether. That’s why they are able to produce new rich people easily and becoming the most expensive currency.
kingntking

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:51:44 PM

I am not sure though but I think all the bitcoins in existence right now should be worth more than $25 billion given the present price of the currency and tracking the amount of transactions taking place on the network daily.
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:35:14 AM

In my own knowledge that the combined net worth of all bitcoins in existence is approxiamattely to $45-$50billion now,because at first in this year of 25  of may,2017 its rise into $45 billion of existence,according to some relevant sources, that place in the network daily.www.vox.com.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: