Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:34:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading altcoin and holding bitcoin which one is more profitable?  (Read 13567 times)
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:40:28 AM

I have come to realize in recent time that holding bitcoin in ones wallet is more profitable and a little bit risk free as compared to trading altcoin or what do you think ?
I guess you have practically answered your own question. Holding of course is risk free and for long term profit without bothering about the news and drops, it is best. Most esoecially if you do not have an idea how to trade. However, for both short and long term, daily trading is more profitable as this gives you the chance to multiply your coin but comes with more risk of loosing them too if you are not careful. Trading altcoins though can be extremely more risky.
Trading altcoins is depended on your coins and time it will give you profit. Sometime within few days the coin price will increase and give us more than 100% profit and sometime it will take a long time to give profit. So to compare this holding bitcoins is the risk free and 100% profit you can make in the long term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:53:45 AM

I have come to realize in recent time that holding bitcoin in ones wallet is more profitable and a little bit risk free as compared to trading altcoin or what do you think ?
I am more inclined to trade a more profitable altcoin, if you just silenced the bitcoin for its very long movement, but if playing altcoin is so fast your bitcoin develops.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:18:38 PM

If holding bitcoin in the wallet brings more profit as market appreciate well it could be but on the contrary talking about the risk part, I think it is safer when bitcoin is on trade because it most definitely won't affect you incase you lose your wallet for instance.
27aume

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

Hi, i'm a pationed about cryptos and their symbol.

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 02:46:38 PM

I am more inclined to trade a more profitable altcoin, if you just silenced the bitcoin for its very long movement, but if playing altcoin is so fast your bitcoin develops.

That the closer to my opinion out here Smiley
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:15:31 PM

If you can successfully trade altcoin then it is definitely more profitable because generally you trade bitcoin-altcoin with the idea of growing your bitcoins, it is then clear to see that this would be more profitable than just holding your bitcoins.

moataz_ansary

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:23:48 PM

Trading Altcoins which will increase your bitcoin balance
with holding your bitcoin balance will be more profitable
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:39:32 AM

It is depend on you, if you have good skill in trading that can make you get a lot of profit,  so trading is better. There are a lot of traders and mainstream finance that interested to the rise of all cryptocurreny,  but when they get into the cryptocurrency world for the first time,  they will choose bitcoin, because it has the biggest brand name and most of liquidity. The market cap of bitcoin is the biggest among of all cryptocurrency, it give the investor sense of security to the investors.
richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:33:23 AM

this depends on the skill and money management of each person. It could be altcoin trading more profitable for people who already experience in trading but for people who are not experience in trading, by hold Bitcoin will be more profitable. For altcoin trading not only takes skill and experience but also takes a lot of time and money management is good. for those who do not have much time in front of the pc to analysis the market for the better just hold Bitcoin to be more profitable in invest

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
princesocapuyo

Activity: 238

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:47:42 PM

You do not want to trade bitcoins since they have a limited supply and will continue to get more valuable as more people hold for the next 10-20 years. Other altcoins have unlimited supplies therefore you are free to trade them but have a higher risk vs reward.

J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:53:25 PM

It depends on what you consider profitable and what your goal is. If you just want to increase your dollar value you should be good sticking with a hold bitcoin strategy. However if you want to earn more bitcoin you should start trading altcoins. And that doesn't necessarily implies day trading, you can also accumulate an undervalued coin and sell it for a big profit later down the road.
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:10:06 PM

You do not want to trade bitcoins since they have a limited supply and will continue to get more valuable as more people hold for the next 10-20 years. Other altcoins have unlimited supplies therefore you are free to trade them but have a higher risk vs reward.
You are right but then, for me the higher the risk in altcoins the much higher profits and we can lessen the risk and to maintain the profits it all depends on us, almost all of us use to hold bitcoins and to trade altcoin either as a newbie or professional trader.

FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:31:07 PM

I guess you have practically answered your own question. Holding of course is risk free and for long term profit without bothering about the news and drops, it is best. Most esoecially if you do not have an idea how to trade. However, for both short and long term, daily trading is more profitable as this gives you the chance to multiply your coin but comes with more risk of loosing them too if you are not careful. Trading altcoins though can be extremely more risky.
I think both are profitable. Traders usually trade bitcoins when their prices are very high in the market and hold altcoins in the pocket but when the prices of bitcoins are falling they try to trade altcoins instead of bitcoins to keep earning money online.
illicit

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:39:43 PM

We couldn't really tell if it is more profitable to hold it in ones wallet or in trading,
They still have some risk both of them we don't really know what would happen in the future.
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:20:25 PM

My line of thought will be tilted towards the trading of alt coins. That will come with its disadvantage because of the risk involved but if its done right, its very much better than holding. I have seen coins change as high as 100% or more in 24 hrs which  happen in the case of bitcoin. Doing it right and buying the right  coins can make that happen.

anitayui

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:26:12 AM

In my opinion trading altcoin is more profitable than holding bitcoin. But you need to focus on trading your coin so you can see when to buy the coin and when we must sell it. Altcoin good for short time and bitcoin good for long term because we know bitcoin have a great future.
nkarm1

Activity: 306

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 03:57:58 AM

On my own opinion if you hoard the two classificaticlassifications​ (bitcoin and altcoin "not the dead ones") , both has the same profitability as the altcoins just go with the flow of the price of bitcoin. But on trading altcoins it has a very large profit instead of holding, it only depends on what coin you will choose to trade, and on how will you play with it. If your moves are right and you chose a good one, Altcoin will give you a very large profit as of my experience, instead of just making your bitcoins stagnant in your wallet. Altcoins in bittrex specially those in top 10-20  greatly moves every day for about 15% to maybe 100%. Those movements really makes my bitcoins most of the time grows, and as you said the risk is maybe high so sometimes i lost.
infinity33

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:57:00 AM

You are right but then, for me the higher the risk in altcoins the much higher profits and we can lessen the risk and to maintain the profits it all depends on us, almost all of us use to hold bitcoins and to trade altcoin either as a newbie or professional trader.
yes some of here must go for to hold their altcoins and hold their bitcoin if they have btc cause you can have a lot of profit on both but trading altcoin for me is profitable.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:44:43 AM

It is not completely true,most of the top coins have limited supply,yes there are certain coins that have unexceptional large supply and those coins have very low price compared to the rest,sure bitcoin will get more valuable with time but you can trade and make some good profit when you are in profit and the market tends to show some negativity like we see recently,just sell off and buy back at a later time and it will give you a bigger profit in a short time.
wayaneka

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 10:39:21 AM

This is of course based on everyone's skill and experience. For people who have good experience in technical analysis, fundamental and psychological in trading of course trading will become more profitable but for people who do not skill in trading and the psychologis of course hold Bitcoin will become more profitable. Trade Altcoin also need more time to analyse the market so who people does not have time in front of market much better just hold Bitcoin for long term.

Zalfa_mui

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:29:54 AM

both have their respective advantages.
storing bitcoins has a small risk of loss.
while altcoin  trading is very big risk,
if one take a buy position, you can lose.
but it depends on each trader.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: