Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:59:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading altcoin and holding bitcoin which one is more profitable?  (Read 13570 times)
albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:38:31 PM

If you know every market move. You will earn more here because you can not earn 10% daily. The average altcoins increase is infinite and that can happen in just one day. If you buy altcoins with potentially the same thing will happen. You will definitely be an instant millionaire right away. But trading requires a lot of studies because it may take only a few minutes to part your bitcoins

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinggoki

Activity: 1456
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:11:28 PM

I have come to realize in recent time that holding bitcoin in ones wallet is more profitable and a little bit risk free as compared to trading altcoin or what do you think ?
Well I think it is not good to compare those two since they have have their own advantages and disadvantages like in trading you could earn profit in instant yet risky while holding bitcoin is less risky however it will takes a time in order for you to gain profit.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:15:19 PM

I have come to realize in recent time that holding bitcoin in ones wallet is more profitable and a little bit risk free as compared to trading altcoin or what do you think ?
We couldn't really tell if it is more profitable to hold it in ones wallet or in trading,
They still have some risk both of them we don't really know what would happen in the future.
No, it is not like that. We can easily make comparison between holding bitcoins and trading altcoins for checking out the profit rate and obviously it is going to be more with bitcoins. Altcoins are not that strong to make big profits even in dumps. They don’t pump much even when they are in pumping stage.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:23:58 PM

Well I think it is not good to compare those two since they have have their own advantages and disadvantages like in trading you could earn profit in instant yet risky while holding bitcoin is less risky however it will takes a time in order for you to gain profit.

Its never good to compare them cuz both have good and bad sides, for the moment many think that holding bitcoin is better option. However there is always good opportunity to make trading altcoins or try to make good bounty with some ICO, cuz this can be very profitable.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:35:34 PM

We couldn't really tell if it is more profitable to hold it in ones wallet or in trading,
They still have some risk both of them we don't really know what would happen in the future.
No, it is not like that. We can easily make comparison between holding bitcoins and trading altcoins for checking out the profit rate and obviously it is going to be more with bitcoins. Altcoins are not that strong to make big profits even in dumps. They don’t pump much even when they are in pumping stage.

They don't pump much, yes. But look at the quantities instead that will give you decent profit.

Let's say for example a certain coins is worth 1,000 satoshis. It pumps to 4,000 satoshis. Not that much right? But what if you able to hold lots of it via various methods such as joining bounties, airdrops and trade itself etc., just imagine how well do you gained.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:51:23 PM

is it less risky?? sure
is it more profitable ?? I don't think so; if you know what you are doing then trading is the best option for profit; I suggest you take a course or watch some tutorials on trading or follow the advice of experts. you can mitigate the risk by incorporating stop-loss.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
Stijn35

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:33:08 PM

bitcoin is more secure, but you gain more profits with altcoins when chosing the right ones of course. I like the altcoin's that are minable and had no premine. I also like the low supply ones with small marcketcap is they can potentially grow more. But they are more risky
dmamigo

Activity: 1204

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:22:06 PM

is it less risky?? sure
is it more profitable ?? I don't think so; if you know what you are doing then trading is the best option for profit; I suggest you take a course or watch some tutorials on trading or follow the advice of experts. you can mitigate the risk by incorporating stop-loss.

How is it less risky, its very much risky for sure. The trading part might be profitable and also its quite risky unless you only trade with some high valued coins or well established coins with good potential which are pretty handful.

If somebody is good at trading, I think trading with both altcoins and Bitcoin will turn more profitable, also holding some specific altcoins might turn to be greatly profitable, no doubt Bitcoin is great and still it can deliver more.

yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:09:17 PM

Both are profitable.but I like  to do altcoin trade.its gives me much profit instead of holding bitcoin.last month i earned about $400 from Monaco trading.its only possible for altcoin trade.I am a crypto trader so i like to do altcoin trade mostly instead of bitcoin holding.
In order to earn a good amount of profit from altcoin trading, the person must have a great amount of a particular altcoin also. Otherwise, holding one or two monaco cannot give that big a profit within a month. However, if a person had bought a bitcoin last month when the price was 3200 dollars and hold it for a month, he would have earned a profit of almost 1100$. If a person does not have good trading skills or is a lazy one, hodling is better.
leyton11

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:48:44 PM

They don't pump much, yes. But look at the quantities instead that will give you decent profit.

Let's say for example a certain coins is worth 1,000 satoshis. It pumps to 4,000 satoshis. Not that much right? But what if you able to hold lots of it via various methods such as joining bounties, airdrops and trade itself etc., just imagine how well do you gained.
Haha, the altcoin market always has ratio changes more than the Bitcoin market, do you know an altcoin can change its value ~400-500% in one day? Can Bitcoin does that? No, only altcoin has small market can can does that and I do not said without proof, check Bitquence and COSS in this year, you will know Wink
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:08:26 AM

For me trading altcoin is better and more profitable and ofcourse you can earn much more if you were have a knowledge in trading and also the skill.. Than holding it because of the unstable value when you only holding it.
Definitely trading altcoins is the better option these days because of large fluctuations caused in the prices of bitcoins due to the ban imposed by the Chinese government. By trading you can keep earning your money instead of holding your bitcoins to rise again and then start trading them. So go for trading your altcoins.
Trading of Altcoin is good but for short term investment and trading only. Bitcoin is a universal sort of thing. Even if the market price of Bitcoin is little down now a days, Bitcoin is the best option and it is far more profitable than any other coin. You need to focus on Bitcoin only to have more profit.
Make sense actually. If you are dealing in both altcoins and bitcoins then better is to make focus on bitcoins. Because I am sure you have same thinking like everyone, to earn more and more money. So altcoins are better in short term as said, but their dump is not good and rehabilitative like bitcoins’. Trade all your altcoins for bitcoins and that would be better choice.

Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:44:55 PM

Both are profitable.but I like  to do altcoin trade.its gives me much profit instead of holding bitcoin.last month i earned about $400 from Monaco trading.its only possible for altcoin trade.I am a crypto trader so i like to do altcoin trade mostly instead of bitcoin holding.
In order to earn a good amount of profit from altcoin trading, the person must have a great amount of a particular altcoin also. Otherwise, holding one or two monaco cannot give that big a profit within a month. However, if a person had bought a bitcoin last month when the price was 3200 dollars and hold it for a month, he would have earned a profit of almost 1100$. If a person does not have good trading skills or is a lazy one, hodling is better.
Sure! Trading cannot always be for everyone cause there are normally some attributes every trader must have even before learning and after learning, if those attributes are not there, then it will be hard to practice.

For example, I always say it that a very greedy person cannot trade no matter the lessons they have learnt it just cannot work and also an extremely emotional person cannot even try it. To learn is easy honestly, cause there are so many materials online to make a prospectus trader get on quickly but something must just be in place.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:24:00 PM

Nice trade! And I believe you aren't trading with small amount of funds. Altcoin trade can really be profitable honestly and it is always good if one can stick with just few that one is sure of their patterns and can really make some good profits from.

I am not a good fan of just holding something without having it work for me, and so far trading has always been a very fantastic way of building them up pretty fast without stopping other means.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:24:27 PM

Nice trade! And I believe you aren't trading with small amount of funds. Altcoin trade can really be profitable honestly and it is always good if one can stick with just few that one is sure of their patterns and can really make some good profits from.

I am not a good fan of just holding something without having it work for me, and so far trading has always been a very fantastic way of building them up pretty fast without stopping other means.
It is good to know your safe zone, but still, if you want to grow you have to eat something else then basic food, so altcoins it's always an solution, of course, we  have to consider how big is the risk regarding the market of that specific altcoin. Best is with both.
shiunsai

Activity: 759
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:16:25 AM

It will depend on the mindset of an individual as what he feels comfortable of doing for me both are good ways of making profits as I prefer to hold bitcoins for the long term and only sell when it hits my target price and on the other side I trade altcoins and make regular profits as trading will also help me in growing my bitcoins which is never possible with simply holding.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:31:41 AM

i prefer doing both trading altcoin and holding bitcoin because my reason is with trading altcoin, we can trying to increase our bitcoin amount although we can not do it every day. holding bitcoin is profitable for a long term so if we combine these things, i think we can cash out our money from trading altcoin plus we can save the other bitcoin into our wallet to increase the amount. i am sure that with trading altcoin, we can make profit especially in the exchanges, there are too many altcoin that we can choose to help us to make profit.
coleman268

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:34:06 AM

Trading altcoins is definitely more profitable, but you have a higher risk of losing bitcoins too. High risk high reward.
DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:22:11 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 08:57:51 AM by DIMKAZDS

I think both holding and trading have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Trading is an effective way to earn huge profits in a very short interval of time but it's very risky as crypto market is highly volatile and you can loose all you have in a single unlucky day.
Holding Bitcoin on the other hand is very safe and you can surely expect growth in long term but the rate of growth will relatively slow as compared to trading.
I prefer to play safe and I think holding is better option.
fanbeila

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:40:46 AM

Earlier,trading in altcoins was the ultimate choice of many investors to increase their bitcoin volume as bitcoin price was very slowly increasing at that time.People used to trade in altcoins and then switch to bitcoins when its price started to rise.

But now,things has totally changed upside down.Bitcoin price has increased from $650 to almost $4,500 within a year.So most of investors don't want to take risks by trading in altcoins as its market is highly volatile.Now,they are just holding their bitcoins in their wallet say,for a period of even three months and get huge returns from it.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:54:45 AM

If you know every market move. You will earn more here because you can not earn 10% daily. The average altcoins increase is infinite and that can happen in just one day. If you buy altcoins with potentially the same thing will happen. You will definitely be an instant millionaire right away. But trading requires a lot of studies because it may take only a few minutes to part your bitcoins
First, you cannot know every market move, you can only predict a pattern and as much as you think altcoins can be profitable, if you have no idea of what you are doing, you can easily lose everything. Like you said, and I totally agree with you, trading requires a lot of study and some experience, it gets to a point that you just have to make some quick decisions and just the studying of chart will not help you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: