Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:51:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Adolfcoin and the Führerprocess  (Read 1021 times)
francisthecrusher (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:50:54 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 02:24:11 PM by francisthecrusher

TL;DR: No airdrop, no bounties, no premine, no ICO, no you can't buy any, etc etc. Offended by this  or think it's dumb? The name is to keep you away, move along. The Fuhrerprocess is the core of this experiment. There's an existing Adolfcoin community of about 30-40 people including 6 devs, there's a good reason we waited 3 months to announce here.

Note: I’m not the dev, but I’ve been involved in the community for a while and can probably answer most questions. I’m positing a link to this announcement on our own forum (the Fuhrerbunker) and IRC where the devs hang out, so some of them will probably lurk here and answer the more hardcore questions. I’ll try and start off with the basics:

What is Adolfcoin?
The Adolf "branding" is partly to keep speculators and useless pump and dump miners away. You'll have to dig much deeper than usual to see what's really going on here though.

When I first saw Adolfcoin I thought it was just another Doge or pepecash, but it turns out it’s actually a very interesting experiment. It took me a few weeks before I really understood what was happening.

There are multiple layers to Adolfcoin, but at the core it’s technically an emergent phenomena of the Fuhrerprocess. Nothing will really make sense until you understand the rationale behind the Fuhrerprocess. This can be somewhat difficult for people who haven’t worked on open-source projects before but not impossible.

WTF is the Fuhrerprocess?

The Fuhrerprocess is an experimental protocol for allowing strangers to work on a project together with no upfront consensus and no trust between them. It creates an environment which is incompatible with centralization and upfront consensus. It’s essentially a hill-climbing algorithm. No one person is in control, and it is immune to psychopathic takeover. Anything could happen, nothing can be planned. Think of ‘evolution by natural selection’ instead of ‘intelligent design’. A drunken stumble to greatness.

The Fuhrerprocess applies to everyone without distinction. A cardinal sin that many open source developers make is to place themselves above others. “I founded this project thus my intellect is superior to that of others”. It’s immodest, rude, and inaccurate. It’s also unsustainable and of course impossible to scale.

Every cryptocurrency to date has fallen into the trap of using a centralized development process, either explicitly with founders who rule with an iron fist, or implicitly with centralization based on some form of "consensus" or "voting". Conway's Law and Amdhal's Law highlight the serious limitations of this centralized approach.

The Fuhrerprocess attempts to take advantage of Conway’s Law and Amdahl’s Law rather than fight against them like every other cryptocurrency. These laws suggest that no cryptocurrency (which remains trustless and decentralized) will scale to the needs of humanity if there's any form of centralization in the development process. If the research and theory behind the Fuhrerprocess is right, this protocol will produce the most scalable cryptocurrency ever and allow for individual monetary independence. Then again, it could also be a complete failure, who knows.

Why wasn’t this announced here earlier?
There was a testnet running for about a month before the genesis block was mined. It was announced at places like 4chan and 8chan. I personally saw it on a noticeboard at a hackerspace in Berlin.

The Fuhrer and the Adolfcoin community didn’t want to announce on Bitcointalk earlier due to the high percentage of people here who’s sole motivation is mining to make a profit. People with this attitude don’t care about the code, they don’t care about the community, they don’t care about the currency or being useful to society, all they care about is pumping and dumping. That’s fine, but it’s not the type of community we want to form around Adolfcoin, especially when the community wields all the power over the direction of development due to the Fuhrerprocess. There are already plenty of other shitcoins offering this mine=>pump=>dump approach, it’s really getting quite boring and in my opinion is a waste of life (even if it does reward you with shekels). For some historical background, there’s some more detail about this issue in the Fuhrer’s original 777 manifesto which originally kickstarted this Adolfcoin culture.

Why are we announcing here now?
One of the most important goals of the Adolfcoin community (currently about 30 people based on the number of active fuhrerbunker users) seems to be widespread issuance. This means it must be opened up to the wider community, but with this comes the risk of people pointing their massive GPU rigs at it and making it unmineable for normal people. These aspects are difficult to balance. The Fuhrer tried to start things off on the right foot in this regard with the 777 manifesto encouraging people to be careful with where they talk about Adolfcoin, and this worked for a while. Then we had the Great Hash War, you can read about that on the Fuhrerbunker if you are so inclined. The Fuhrerprocess saw the Great Hash War as a problem to solve, and promptly discovered a solution which was later adopted by the community. Adolfcoin should now theoretically hold up to any onslaught that announcing here could bring, and it shouldn’t have a problem keeping the hashrate and coin issuance widely distributed, but if not the Fuhrerprocess will probably refine this solution further. In many ways, Adolfcoin needs to come under attack because that’s how the Fuhrerprocess makes new discoveries. In any case, I think it should be announced here and no one in the community has voiced any strong disagreement, so meh.

Should you mine it?
Only you can answer that. What we are doing will resonate with some people, and definitely not with others. The right people will become (and stay) involved, the wrong people won’t.

If you’re looking for something to mine and make a quick profit, Adolfcoin definitely isn’t for you. If you’re looking for certainty, something that won’t sometimes break or do unpredictable things, this experiment also probably isn’t for you. Nothing is guaranteed. Anything could happen. Some people say it’s a rollercoaster ride, other’s say it’s some kind of rocket, but no one really knows what the hell it is, not even the Fuhrer. If you like rollercoasters maybe you should dig a little bit deeper just in case it becomes something one day.

"But mining started almost 3 months ago so there’s no point in mining now"

Wrong. Look deeper (or don’t).

Current Specifications:
Symbol: ADOLF
Total Coins: 181,191,212
Block time: 120 seconds
Initial Codebase: much of the initial codebase came from Monero with some code also from Zcash, Dash, and Bitcoin. There are of course countless changes on top of this.
PoW algorithm: CryptoNight (probably Cuckoo Cycles soon, or maybe not, who knows)
Difficulty re-targeting: mining difficulty is re-targeted in a similar way to Monero but retargeting happens about 75% faster
Inflation/emission rate: Adolfcoin has the slowest emission rate of all cryptocurrencies, by a long way. It will take 1,000 years for all coins to be issued. Mining in the first weeks, months, or even years does not provide the usual ‘early miner’ reward of a rapid emission curve. Instead of rewarding miners who mine hard with big GPU rigs for a short period of time (a month or so), the slow and consistent miner using his laptop or phone (yes, you can mine with an Android phone) is rewarded the most. In fact phones are the most power efficient way to mine (by a huge margin).

Some Adolfcoin quirks that won’t make any sense without a deeper look:
The community decided to follow the Neugrundung (Shitminer Tears) fork of Adolfcoin. The node dies every 42 days and everyone has to choose to either upgrade or choose a different fork. There’s no ‘voting’ or ‘signalling’ for hardforks. Anyone can created a fork under the Adolfcoin Forking Protocol. Forks are healthy and necessary for the Fuhrerprocess to function. There’s also currently the option of a Neugrundung purge at the end of every cycle, this removes any shitminers and their coins. The current thinking is that this purge option will become less necessary as the community grows, and that it will cease to be an option at all upon the launch of Adolf’s Anonymous Market.

Links
Windows binaries: https://github.com/Adolfcoin/adolfcore-Neugrundung/releases
Github: https://github.com/Adolfcoin/
The Annotated Fuhrerprocess: https://github.com/Adolfcoin/Wiki/wiki
The Fuhrerbunker: https://fuhrerbunker.adolfcoin.camp
IRC: #adolfcoin on freenode
Telegram: tg://join?invite=Cx_-okIZPlwFjIr4ifffkg
Main Website http://adolfcoin.camp/
Keynote speech: http://adolfcoin.camp/strength-through-joy/the-fuhrers-keynote/index.html
Pools: http://fluffball.zapto.org/ and http://adolfpool.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Feromon

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:06:10 PM

For a minute I just laughed. About "Airdrop" from Messerschmitt - even afraid to ask. Grin Grin
Mikanoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

Insane In The Blockchain ⚠

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 10:07:19 PM

Permaban this nazi for spam plz

solarrobot

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:11:37 PM

okay... whats the point in the adolf branding? Sure to be a really successful project, cool guys /s

francisthecrusher (OP)

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:16:41 PM

okay... whats the point in the adolf branding? Sure to be a really successful project, cool guys /s

As far as I can tell it's mostly to keep the wrong types of people away, when we came under hash attack the main dev said "I probably didn't make it nazi enough" on IRC.
vandalay

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:40:30 PM

LOL yea, why market it as a Hitler coin....
solarrobot

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:29:20 AM

As far as I can tell it's mostly to keep the wrong types of people away, when we came under hash attack the main dev said "I probably didn't make it nazi enough" on IRC.

OK, so it is a nazi coin then. Well good luck with that. Not sure why admins don't ban this thread, i guess it's obvious as anything but never assumed I would see a hatecoin
realHCplease

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:01:32 AM

hitler was the only one to offer a viable alternative to the ponzi scheme we call an economy. he was actually so successful  at establishing his own (labour backed) currency world jewery declared war (and boycott) against germany a full 6 years before ww2 with quotes like "The fight against Germany has now been waged for months by every Jewish community, on every conference, in all labor unions and by every single Jew in the world. There are reasons for the assumption that our share in this fight is of general importance. We shall start a spiritual and material war of the whole world against Germany. Germany is striving to become once again a great nation, and to recover her lost territories as well as her colonies. But our Jewish interests call for the complete destruction of Germany..." (Valadimir Jabotinsky, in Mascha Rjetsch, January, 1934) and winston churchill with "Germanys unforgivable crime before WW2 was its attempt to loosen its economy out of the world trade system and to build up an own exchange system from which the world-finance couldnt profit anymore. ...We butchered the wrong pig." and "The war wasnt only about abolishing fascism, but to conquer sales markets. We could have, if we had intended so, prevented this war from breaking out without doing one shot, but we didn't want to."
desjardins

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:11:26 AM

OK, so it is a nazi coin then. Well good luck with that. Not sure why admins don't ban this thread, i guess it's obvious as anything but never assumed I would see a hatecoin

A hatecoin? They just don't want people like you involved lol, and it's working. The great thing about that strategy is it's so amazingly good that it even works when you know it's only there to keep you out.
realHCplease

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:05:52 AM

nazicoin != hatecoin .. unless of course you mean hate usury coin, or hate compound interest coin, or hate fractional reserve banking coin, or hate debt slavery coin but i don't think i've met a single person who actually enjoys usury and interest servitude. only banksters do
bykardinal

Activity: 1792
Merit: 513

<3 DeepOnion

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 08:24:44 AM

adolfcoin , lol. This is very funny coin name and i like your block rewards, but what about premine.

TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:44:33 PM

googling "kronecoin cointalk" brings you to this thread. Is this KRC/Kronecoin as listed on cryptopia? If not then why the hell does the title say "Kronecoin just anothercoin" on Google? Is this rebranded?

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: