Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:53:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible ASIC X11 Miner DR-100 - group buy  (Read 1800 times)
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:39:48 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 10:28:57 AM by Longsnowsm

Just putting some feelers out for interest in possibly getting in on a group buy for the ASIC X11 Miner DR-100.  This is an X11 miner, 17ghs 820watts.  This miner is going to be shipping soon as in 8/25-9/???  Right now the cost is a little over $7000 plus shipping.  

The catch with the Pinidea miner is that the web site will only let you order at least 5 units and then they will toss a 6th unit in for free.  

So to be able to get one of these you would have to buy at least 5.  Well I don't have that kind of budget and I suspect others here don't either.  But if we could get a few people interested in picking up one or 2 units we could get our minimum purchase of 5 units so we could place an order.

This miner isn't the fastest, or most efficient miner that has been recently announced in the market, but it may be the quickest shipping miner which means the best shot at possibly getting ROI in a reasonable amount of time.  

UPDATE: We have now been told that batch 1 is sold out and starts shipping 8/25.  We are trying to get dates for when batch 2 would start to ship.  Of course shipping date would impact the value these miners have in the market and the price they are worth as Bitmain starts to ship batches in September also.

Below are the specs.  Please post a reply if this is something you might be interested in doing.  If we can get enough interest we can talk about how we would work out the details.  I am focused on orders for the US as we can setup a point of contact for taking delivery and then shipping miners onto those who placed orders.  

Let me know what you guys think.  We have an email exchange with Pinidea on this subject and trying to get specifics now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pinidea.io

https://shop.pinidea.io/index.php/product/asic-x11-miner-dr-100/

Shipping starting in 2017/08/25 ~ 2017/09  

Buy five and get one free ,  Limited offer

Specifications:

HashRate: 17000M(+-5%)
Power: 820W (wall power +-5%)
Dimensions: 28cm x 18cm(h) x 15cm(w)
Weight: 5KG
Interface: Lan(100m/1000m)
Fan: 2 x 14038 Double ball fan (55DB)
Operating Temperature: 0℃~40℃
Mining Software: Custom CGminer
What’s new in this model(DR-100):

DR-100 is the improved model of DRX ASIC X11 Miner. Redesigned structure to bare with the worst transit condition. Also, faster and more energy efficiencies by comparing to DRX.

Brief glimpse of the miner running:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRqDGqT2T7o

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mawk01

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:09:41 AM

Alrighty then....see what happens....if you get enough takers...see what we can work out....
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:14:56 AM

I fired off an email to Pinidea and got a reply back already.  They sold out of their first batch that ship 8/25.  The next batch start shipping in September.  I am asking what date that they think that will happen since that will greatly affect what is a reasonable price per unit.

It also sounds like they are open to an offered price on the second batch.  They have something strange going on with how they handle units.  They don't arrange shipping.  You have to arrange to have the units picked up.  Or if they are willing to arrange there is no assurances on the carrier.  All very odd.

So I am asking more questions to see if we could sort out a per unit price.  None of this buy 5 and get one free, but lock in a per unit price that reflects the kind of discount that seems reasonable.  Of course a lot of the price value will depend on how fast they would be shipping these out. 

The one advantage these units have is they are shipping sooner than most of the X11 miners are going to be shipping providing a better chance of getting your ROI.

So that is the update so far.
mawk01

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:22:08 AM

Hmmm...that is weird...I would have no idea on the logistics on how to arrange shipment, hopefully someone more experienced/knowledgeable around this can lead the way.  But yea....would definitely need to come down on pricepoint now....
sevenmiles

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:22:47 AM

So the price will be ~$6,000 since buy 5 get 1 free... i am interested in one if we could have a 5 pack...
The only question - can they guarantee the delivery date (8.25 earliest)? That's the key i think...if they delay two weeks...

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:34:15 AM

So the price will be ~$6,000 since buy 5 get 1 free... i am interested in one if we could have a 5 pack...
The only question - can they guarantee the delivery date (8.25 earliest)? That's the key i think...if they delay two weeks...

They are saying batch 1 has sold out that will ship on 8/25.  Next batch ships in Sept and I am trying to get a date from them when that would start to happen since that would greatly affect the price we would want to offer them.

Kompik

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:31:01 AM

I would be interested in one or two.

Bitrated user: Kompik.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:47:54 AM

Might be interested at 6K and the discount of 1/5th price with others on the free one.

As in my pm individual shipping vs bulk shipping if they provide no service to ship..could be very, very high as well.

but will watch how this shakes out.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:37:50 AM

Is this actually shipping now?

blitzwilli

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:04:50 AM

I would also buy one
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:43:52 AM

First batch is sold out and ships on 8/25. 

They are talking about batch 2 right now with a September ship date.  I am trying to get them to tell me the date. 

Then once we have a date then we would have to decide what is a fair offer for the units based on a minimum quantity of 5.  I would prefer they let is lock in a straight up price per unit and not the buy 5 and get one free... but it sounds like they are willing to accept offers on the second batch. 

We would have to decide what our best offer is per unit and submit that and see if it is accepted.  So lets toss out some theoretical dates.  If they will be ready to ship before Sept 15th I would think that would reflect a completely different price than if they come back and tell us the second half of Sept.  We probably need to think in those terms.

First things first, the value of the miner is directly related to how fast we could get them in our hands before Bitmain and everyone else starts to dump miners in the market.  So we need to know that date for shipping the second batch before we can entertain making an offer.

I just fired off an email trying to get them pinned down on the date for batch 2.  Batch one is already gone and will be shipping shortly.   
rextail

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:29:15 PM

Hi,

I've been in contact with Pinidea because I am interested in their miner.

However, I have received some answers I haven't liked, ie the fact that they do not offer warranty of any kind, so if the product arrives faulty, they will not offer support.

And of course, I do not like either how vague they are when you ask them about the actual shipping date (they keep pasting 2017/08/25 ~ 2017/09).

I would be interested in the group buy, but they should guarantee a shipping date and lower the selling price accordingly.

Also, they should confirm whether the machine includes the CE sign for EU.
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:43:46 PM

Also interest to pick up 1 or 2 unit if the price is right

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:13:28 PM

Hi,

I've been in contact with Pinidea because I am interested in their miner.

However, I have received some answers I haven't liked, ie the fact that they do not offer warranty of any kind, so if the product arrives faulty, they will not offer support.

And of course, I do not like either how vague they are when you ask them about the actual shipping date (they keep pasting 2017/08/25 ~ 2017/09).

I would be interested in the group buy, but they should guarantee a shipping date and lower the selling price accordingly.

Also, they should confirm whether the machine includes the CE sign for EU.

I agree completely.  I have invited them to follow this thread and chime in.  So far I have not been able to establish the ship date.  If we have a ship date then we can begin to attach a value as far as price.  Then of course there are the other details of shipping, customs, VAT, and the fact there is ZERO warranty.

They did indicate that we can specify if we need the equipment to have the CE or FCC labels.  So we would have to state that we need that.

At the moment I am getting the impression the communications barrier here may be too great to be able to make this work.  So there are a lot of concerns here and frankly the only reason to even consider this miner at this time would be the ability to get it shipped soon to get a jump on the diff increase in Oct as Inno, Bitmain, iBelink go into full swing shipping miners.  Without that advantage of getting the miners early I am not sure this is worth the effort unless the price were fantastic. 

So I will post an update if I get anything back from Pinidea.  At the moment I would say this is probably not going to go anywhere unless we can get them to provide some details soon and the ship date is early in September.  Or they dramatically drop their price as they would be shipping at the same time as everyone else. 
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:35:42 PM

Hey Longsnowsm,

I am interested in 1x of these pinidea miners for the 2nd batch if we do a group buy... looking forward to more details as they become available.

Off topic: the next bitmain d3 batch is supposed to come out tonight at 11pm est correct? I was 24hours late the last batch almost a week ago I'm trying to avoid that this time
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:48:22 PM

Hey Longsnowsm,

I am interested in 1x of these pinidea miners for the 2nd batch if we do a group buy... looking forward to more details as they become available.

Off topic: the next bitmain d3 batch is supposed to come out tonight at 11pm est correct? I was 24hours late the last batch almost a week ago I'm trying to avoid that this time

Depending on what timezone you are in it will be somewhere between 9-11pm in the US tonight for the next batch. 

You will want to be logged into your account early and then patiently just keep hitting the reload/refresh button.  And just keep doing it until you get a page, up, act fast, try to go to the next page, if it times out just keep hitting reload until it finally loads. 

Just keep doing that until you manage to get through the entire process.  The site was really messed up last time and it acts as if your cart is empty at one point, but don't stop, reload and you will find that if you got something in your cart it is still there, but takes a reload to see it.  Otherwise you might be tricked into thinking that they ran out of stock. 

I hope that helps with the chaos that is Bitmain ordering.   Grin 
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:54:48 PM

They planning more batches of Varyag and  Kuznetzov?
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:54:26 PM

I have not asked them about any other miners up to this point.  We are getting stuck just trying to get a conversation going with replies that pertain to the questions we are asking.   Huh
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:29:49 PM

I have not asked them about any other miners up to this point.  We are getting stuck just trying to get a conversation going with replies that pertain to the questions we are asking.   Huh

Can you give me their email? Thanx!
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:04:59 PM

Can you give me their email? Thanx!

I reached them at sales@pinidea.io

They responded back that they will get back to me with more info.  So lets see what happens next  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: