Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:02:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any demand for another type of Avalon chip based miner?  (Read 858 times)
danattacker (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:56:45 PM

Hello. I was wondering if the community had any interest in another design of an Avalon based mining board. I am aware of the current projects, but perhaps there are certain things that you may have wanted in the design that the other projects do not offer. I'm asking the community because I just started work on my own mining board, but I didn't plan to have any features that the other projects didn't currently offer. If I could design a board with unique features that you guys would want, then my design could be of use to people other than myself. Let me know what you think.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:13:00 PM

I think the more options, the better! What have you got so far?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 09:24:05 PM

A 50$ clone of those ASIC USB sticks.  Cheesy

edit: oops https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=196281.0

danattacker (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:29:25 PM

I think the more options, the better! What have you got so far?

All I have done is make a library part for the Avalon chip in Kicad, so I haven't really done anything so far.

I was thinking of designing a board that could be etched at home, but it would be a challenge getting it done on a double sided board and thermal vias wouldn't be doable. I have done plating of vias at home, but pretty much everyone else is not going to have that ability. I'm still trying to think of a decent way to get around the thermal vias. Of course, I plan on making a version that does use thermal vias that can be manufactured at a PCB fab if desired.

But, the whole point of this thread was to gather any suggestions on particular features they would like to see in my board design that may have been overlooked by the other projects. I know that the other projects pretty much have everything covered already, so there may not be anything worth suggesting. If that is the case, then I will just work on my own design and release it when it is finished.

Also, I am not intending on selling any boards. This is just another design that I plan to make public and anyone can manufacture it if they want.
Josue

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:25:13 PM

+1 Thanks for your work¡¡
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: