Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:34:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-08-13] Goldman Sachs Warns Investors Not to Ignore Bitcoin any Longer  (Read 4890 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:32:32 PM

Goldman Sachs Warns Investors Not to Ignore Bitcoin any Longer

Goldman Sachs has done a complete 180 turn as far as Bitcoin and cryptocurrency are concerned. That is not entirely surprising, as Bitcoin shouldn’t be ignored by anyone. However, the institution is now actively telling their investors not to dismiss Bitcoin any longer. Given the recent price surge, that outcome isn’t surprising by any means. It will be interesting to see if their words have any major impact, though.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/08/13/goldman-sachs-warns-investors-not-ignore-bitcoin-longer/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:04:21 PM

It looks almost too good to be true. I like how Goldman Sachs has finally made the change into taking Bitcoin seriously, unlike other financial institutions that are throwing around with warnings and tullip bubble statements. I have always believed that at some point, institutions would be taking a serious position into Bitcoin, and ultimately, lifting the price to unseen levels. If a few of these massive financial institutions start convincing their wealthy clients to enter the Bitcoin market to realize a new level of growth, we are up for a few very interesting years in terms of how the price will develop itself. I usually am quite conservative in my way of thinking and looking forward, but this really gets me pumped up. Grin
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:23:36 PM

Goldman Sachs was spot on with its previous predictions, and I am eagerly looking forward to more of this. Bitcoin has been outperforming basically every asset for years now, and no matter how anti Bitcoin certain entities may be, or may have been, this has gained Bitcoin a whole lot of credits. I am quite certain that while Bitcoin gets legalized by more and more countries, the global level of adoption will increase significantly. I am waiting for the day that people will start shifting from gold to Bitcoin when it comes to usage as store of value. Bitcoin is superior in almost every aspect -- gold has the physical advantage that allows people to transact offline.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:56:37 PM

Goldman Sachs predicted that the BTC price would peak at around $3600-3900 for now.  Seems like they were pretty much correct and BTC has reached a temporary peak at about $4050-4100. 

However, it's important that people do not follow Goldman Sachs just because they now agree.  It's Bitcoin users who decided to invest despite not receiving advice to do so from major financial institutions, and Bitcoin users should be equally intelligent in knowing when to stop.

Unfortunately a lot of Bitcoin users are not like that and they feel so alternative/cool using Bitcoin that they don't want to acknowledge any negativity.  Goldman Sachs can't be sure what will happen at this stage because BTC can fall just as sharply as it has risen and bear markets tend to be much quicker and more desperate than bull markets.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:27:36 PM

For you who don't know ; The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is an American multinational finance company that engages in global investment banking, investment management, securities, and other financial services including asset management, mergers and acquisitions advice, prime brokerage, and securities underwriting services. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldman_Sachs
As a company which handles so much investment and asset management, then their customers and more people will pay attention to bitcoin, and surprisingly bitcoin has increase from less than $1000 in the early of this year and bitcoin has reach over $4100 today across global exchanges. The potential is limitless for bitcoin, we don't know how much bitcoin could gain if more business and companies adopt or invest in bitcoin in this year.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:47:34 AM

The doubter in me is saying that Goldman Sachs might have bought bitcoins under 1000 dollars and now think this is a good time to hype it more and then they start to unload them in the market.

We became bitcoiners because we do not trust the banks. That should not change now.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Benezim

Activity: 420
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 02:30:09 AM

There are going to be a lot of investors who will jump on the bandwagon, following GS's recommendation like sheep - looks like the BTC correction has been postponed for now.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:08:15 AM

For you who don't know ; The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is an American multinational finance company that engages in global investment banking, investment management, securities, and other financial services including asset management, mergers and acquisitions advice, prime brokerage, and securities underwriting services. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldman_Sachs
As a company which handles so much investment and asset management, then their customers and more people will pay attention to bitcoin, and surprisingly bitcoin has increase from less than $1000 in the early of this year and bitcoin has reach over $4100 today across global exchanges. The potential is limitless for bitcoin, we don't know how much bitcoin could gain if more business and companies adopt or invest in bitcoin in this year.

A think media reports like this help somewhat to push bitcoin to new levels. I mean, cash is pouring to the market right now and we don't know who and how investors just suddenly jumps into the bandwagon of bitcoin. I guess they are now preaching bitcoin to their client as well and saying that bitcoin can't be overlooked specially this year as the price grows exponentially like 300% perfect. Do you think we have to thank them? I think so, but of course them being a bank, we can't really put a lot of trust in him, just saying.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
ProfWigSlipper

Activity: 63
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:32:38 AM

The doubter in me is saying that Goldman Sachs might have bought bitcoins under 1000 dollars and now think this is a good time to hype it more and then they start to unload them in the market.

We became bitcoiners because we do not trust the banks. That should not change now.

Correct, Gold Sacks has earned a horrible reputation among people who pay attention. If nothing more, we have a clear sign of a short & medium-term top for Bitcoin.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:59:05 PM

Goldman Sachs has finally realized its mistake of just looking at Bitcoin and not becoming one of the earlier participants. Now that Bitcoin has proven itself to be the most viable investment tool they are now telling their clients to include Bitcoin on their many baskets.

Well, these people will go where the money is as long as they are not dealing with illegal transactions. We should be welcoming Goldman Sachs to the Worldwide Bitcoin Club. It is really about time and I am sure that many would be following this move.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:38:49 AM

Correct, Gold Sacks has earned a horrible reputation among people who pay attention. If nothing more, we have a clear sign of a short & medium-term top for Bitcoin.

And now they are saying that bitcoin will reached is ceiling at $4800  then it will crashed to $2200. LOL Just like what I said before I really don't trust in them simply because they don't understand what's behind bitcoin success. Maybe you are correct that they have put investment and really hyping it now and later will cash it out. That's how tricky and un-trusted this banks are really are. Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Idaho

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:53:56 AM

Not their style.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: