Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:26:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling my soul for bitcoin  (Read 1487 times)
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:43:55 PM

ByteSoul
TimeChild (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:48:15 PM

bid 0.001btc

Sold to Anon136, to complete the transaction send the aforementioned amount to 1AhcnoTjvPEFaXaGLd3uAR88WZ7websA7a my soul will be sent instantly.

you cant send me your soul while you are still alive dork  Tongue

i will take possession after you die. in the unlikely even that such a thing as a soul exists you will be my ethereal servant for all of eternity Grin. Granted it is pretty unlikely that such a thing as a soul exists but ill pay 10 cents on the off chance it does considering the magnitude of the reward should it happen to be a thing that exists. I'll send payment later this afternoon sometime.

Glad to be doing buisness with you. If anyone else wants to buy my other soul just let me know.

hey now you cant do that! you haven't sold it to anyone else before me have you?

Cmon be serious you know everyone gets an infinite amount of souls. What makes you think everyone only has one? BTW I'm also selling the right to be king of the afterlife, and rest assured there is only one spot for that, .001 BTC.

im calling this deal off. you aren't playing fairly.

You can't call this deal off, if you break off a deal of souls in the middle, you lose your soul!
darkcrayon

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:56:16 PM

For me it'd depend on what skills you've accumulated throughout your life that I can gain use of once I assimilate your soul.  For example fly fishing, cookie baking, soccer goalie, etc.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:58:00 PM

bid 0.001btc

Sold to Anon136, to complete the transaction send the aforementioned amount to 1AhcnoTjvPEFaXaGLd3uAR88WZ7websA7a my soul will be sent instantly.

i will take possession after you die. in the unlikely even that such a thing as a soul exists you will be my ethereal servant for all of eternity Grin. Granted it is pretty unlikely that such a thing as a soul exists but ill pay 10 cents on the off chance it does considering the magnitude of the reward should it happen to be a thing that exists. I'll send payment later this afternoon sometime.

Glad to be doing buisness with you. If anyone else wants to buy my other soul just let me know.

hey now you cant do that! you haven't sold it to anyone else before me have you?

Cmon be serious you know everyone gets an infinite amount of souls. What makes you think everyone only has one? BTW I'm also selling the right to be king of the afterlife, and rest assured there is only one spot for that, .001 BTC.

You can't call this deal off, if you break off a deal of souls in the middle, you lose your soul!

psh ill take my chances. someday when we die we can take this to soul court and the soul judge will rule in my favor, just wait.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
TimeChild (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:03:53 PM

For me it'd depend on what skills you've accumulated throughout your life that I can gain use of once I assimilate your soul.  For example fly fishing, cookie baking, soccer goalie, etc.

You didn't see my other offer? I'm selling the position of king of the afterlife for .001 BTC That beats being the owner of any one soul any day. King of all souls is a priceless position.
TimeChild (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:05:48 PM

bid 0.001btc

psh ill take my chances. someday when we die we can take this to soul court and the soul judge will rule in my favor, just wait.

You didn't see my other offer? I'm selling the position of king of the afterlife for .001 BTC. If you buy now you can secure your fate because you will be the one making the judgement in the afterlife. For only 10 cents you might as well.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:09:22 PM

Hey, you didn't say in your title I'm selling on of my souls for BTC.

An average person would think you are selling you one and only soul. If you happen to have more than one soul, by what you implied with your offer you have to give all your souls to Anon136.

You tried to sell a good here that gets it's value from scarcity and difficulty to obtain.

If this good is now after the purchase unlimited, that's fraudulent behaviour.

Give Anon136 all your souls or get a scammer tag.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:16:12 PM

An average person would think you are selling you one and only soul. If you happen to have more than one soul, by what you implied with your offer you have to give all your souls to Anon136.

You tried to sell a good here that gets it's value from scarcity and difficulty to obtain.

+1 someone contact jon Grin

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
TimeChild (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:21:07 PM

Sorry but selling a soul is like selling a song. If I sell you an mp3 that doesn't suggest I'm giving you the only mp3 of that song I have, and it doesn't suggest that the mp3 I sold you somehow disappears from my computer once i've sold it to you. And there is no implied scarcity or difficulty to obtain, thats why he offered such a low price, and why I accepted his price. I have an infinite number of souls in the same way I have an infinite number of mp3's to sell. And yet when I sell an mp3 I don't say "Selling my mp3's". I say "I have an mp3 to sell".
Akka
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:25:52 PM

Sorry but selling a soul is like selling a song. If I sell you an mp3 that doesn't suggest I'm giving you the only mp3 of that song I have, and it doesn't suggest that the mp3 I sold you somehow disappears from my computer once i've sold it to you. And there is no implied scarcity or difficulty to obtain, thats why he offered such a low price, and why I accepted his price.

No, it's more like selling a Idea. If you sell someone a Idea you therefore agree to not use this Idea for yourself or sell it to someone else.

You can have and sell other Ideas of course, but they have to be different. Selling unlimited Ideas of the exactly same contend and not even change the name of the Idea after you sold it is cheating.

TimeChild (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:31:42 PM

Sorry but selling a soul is like selling a song. If I sell you an mp3 that doesn't suggest I'm giving you the only mp3 of that song I have, and it doesn't suggest that the mp3 I sold you somehow disappears from my computer once i've sold it to you. And there is no implied scarcity or difficulty to obtain, thats why he offered such a low price, and why I accepted his price.

No, it's more like selling a Idea. If you sell someone a Idea you therefore agree to not use this Idea for yourself or sell it to someone else.

You can have and sell other Ideas of course, but they have to be different. Selling unlimited Ideas of the exactly same contend and not even change the name of the Idea after you sold it is cheating.

Well I can't help it if you disagree with the music buisness. Because selling a song is in essence selling an idea.
Akka
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:15:32 PM

Well I can't help it if you disagree with the music buisness. Because selling a song is in essence selling an idea.

Nope. When you would buy the Idea you would get the copy right to the song.

You only buying a medium that contains the song.

TimeChild (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:08:21 PM

Nope. When you would buy the Idea you would get the copy right to the song.

You only buying a medium that contains the song.

There is no such thing as copyright in the kingdom of god!
CryptoJunky

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 06:10:06 PM

Do you have proof of ownership over your soul? How do I know you haven't sold your soul before?

TimeChild (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:28:02 PM

Do you have proof of ownership over your soul? How do I know you haven't sold your soul before?

Sure it's inscripted right on my soul plain to see.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:32:06 PM

They aren't selling you the song. They are selling you a promise that they will not use the machinery of the state to murder you should you happen to listen to a song.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: