Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:33:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Rubygem  (Read 2028 times)
reQunix (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2010, 09:53:02 PM

Hi all,

I've started work on a Ruby Gem for accessing the vanilla bitcoin client. It uses the CLI interface and it currently has support for about half of the API calls.

The gem will make it possible to integrate bitcoin transactions into, amongst others, Ruby on Rails applications. It's still a work in progress, but this will make it easier for those looking to build custom sites with bitcoin support. I will be building a site that makes use of the gem very soon which will allow me to bugfix and experiment. I also intend to build in some utility functions that will help organise transactions.

See my blog post about it here, the source code here and the download and documentation here.

I'll try to post updates here as I progress. Feel free to ask questions about it or make suggestions.

Oh, and by way of introduction, since this is my first post, this is me.

Cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2011, 06:15:09 PM

Which client is this based on?  There have been some useful changes in recent client releases, particularly listtransactions.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2011, 06:37:38 PM

It's nice but you're doing it wrong.

Looked at your code, here are two comments :
 - You're relying on executable calls, you should send HTTP requests instead
 - Instead of duplicating every possible method call in your code you should simply rely on method_missing

See http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2435.0 for my approach

jesmurf

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2011, 12:07:13 AM

Not bad. It's an exciting idea. I'm working on the same kind of thing. At the moment I'm integrating Spreecommerce with Bitcoin as a payment processor.

Check out my JSON-RPC client here.
https://github.com/jjeffus/rpcjson

I'll keep an eye on your blog. I'm interested to see what else you're doing.

- Jonathan

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: