Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:00:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hminers- Obviously a Scam?!  (Read 4156 times)
Ben271286 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

I love this Game!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:09:46 AM

One more "too good to be true" i guess...or does anybody can report something positive?
Please be careful!

https://hminers.com

FAQ:
3. What methods of payment do you accept?
At the moment we only accept Bitcoin and Litecoin,in the near future we will add Bank Transfer as well.
4. Do you accept PayPal,Credit Cards or Bank Transfer?
Unfortunately we cannot accept at the moment those payment methods due to the frequently occurring fraud practices.
5. Can I pay cash in your office?
Due to security policies and our confidentiality policy we cannot accept this method of payment.
6. Can I pay for the order in several payments?
Yes, but your order will be confirmed only after you’ve paid in full.
Payment must be made in full in order to confirm and reserve your order
7. Can I visit your office, data center or manufacturing facilities?
Earlier visits were possible by preliminary coordination for some of our wholesale customers.
However after several cases of industrial espionage we decided to prohibit personal visits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:32:36 AM

yeah prolly fake, as we all know there are NO ETH asic miners out there. don't know about the rest of it but doubt it can mine ETH unless its got gpus lol

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Tipstar

Activity: 1750
Merit: 278

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:06:53 AM

With the largest cloud mining genesis struggling. It's better to stay away from any sites that offer to buy hardware and mine cryptocoins for you. They are mostly Ponzis.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:25:36 AM

100% fake. The fastest BTC miner out there is 16 Th/s and it's the Antminer S9. These miners claim to blow all competition out of the water and mine across many different algos. It's too good to be true and it isn't true.

Sheldoor

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:42:00 PM

..and it ist not possible that it mines ethhash, x11 sha256 and S-crypt at the same time. This will be breaking news if someone made those asics  Shocked
But its a scary good site for a fake. So my fear is that many people loose money
Ben271286 (OP)

I love this Game!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:54:25 PM

..and it ist not possible that it mines ethhash, x11 sha256 and S-crypt at the same time. This will be breaking news if someone made those asics  Shocked
But its a scary good site for a fake. So my fear is that many people loose money

yeah...also the team...with names pictures and everything...really scary! They spend many time on this high quality site...

Just found also this one http://www.ufominers.com/
There is a thread here...ppl also think its a scam...dammit what a world...
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 724

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:22:11 PM

One more "too good to be true" i guess...or does anybody can report something positive?
Please be careful!

FAQ:
At the moment we only accept Bitcoin and Litecoin,in the near future we will add Bank Transfer as well.
Unfortunately we cannot accept at the moment those payment methods due to the frequently occurring fraud practices.
Due to security policies and our confidentiality policy we cannot accept this method of payment.
Earlier visits were possible by preliminary coordination for some of our wholesale customers.
However after several cases of industrial espionage we decided to prohibit personal visits.

10000% Fake and don't fall on this one. What the heck on those TeraHashes. 150 th/s? WTF!  If you know the latest antminer s9 you will directly able to identify that this is just a pure bullshit scam. They do put efforts on making their site believable and I'm sure there would really be newbies would easily fall on this one if they aren't knowledgeable enough.Good for you that you did able to ask this kind of thing.
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:57:06 PM

I must laugh on their website, it's not believable at all.
But you are right, they just trying to catch noobs on the bait.

This is my signature...
Ben271286 (OP)

I love this Game!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:06:52 PM

Please be careful!

FAQ:

10000% Fake and don't fall on this one. What the heck on those TeraHashes. 150 th/s? WTF!  If you know the latest antminer s9 you will directly able to identify that this is just a pure bullshit scam. They do put efforts on making their site believable and I'm sure there would really be newbies would easily fall on this one if they aren't knowledgeable enough.Good for you that you did able to ask this kind of thing.

Someone on the german thread asked about it...is there a main thread about Scam Sites like this? Maybe it would be helpful for ppl to know where to buy and where not..
carlfebz2

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:17:56 PM

Please be careful!

FAQ:

Someone on the german thread asked about it...is there a main thread about Scam Sites like this? Maybe it would be helpful for ppl to know where to buy and where not..
That person who do asked would really be a complete newbie when it comes to mining. Regarding on list on scam sites we do have a proper board on that https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 you can see various sites which do have scam accusations but this list or board don't have all the accurate list this is why we should always seek up feedbacks on the net if we didn't able to see on what we are seeking for.
Ben271286 (OP)

I love this Game!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:12:47 PM

Please be careful!

FAQ:

That person who do asked would really be a complete newbie when it comes to mining. Regarding on list on scam sites we do have a proper board on that https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 you can see various sites which do have scam accusations but this list or board don't have all the accurate list this is why we should always seek up feedbacks on the net if we didn't able to see on what we are seeking for.

didnt even recognised this section Roll Eyes good to know!
what do you think about ufominers.com?

I wont buy any miner from a small company thats not mentioned here with some positive feedback...i stick to bitmain and my gpu rigs i buy at my local shop.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:14:04 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2017, 06:35:10 PM by QuintLeo

Hmmm - a miner that can mine ETH (GPU), Scrypt and SHA256 (only 2 ASIC that were ever created to do both, and those were NOT efficient SHA256 miners by the time they showed up), and let's not forget the crazy-high hashrates.

Also, that H4U is a standard 4u rackmount case, I've SEEN that specific case design before.

Then there is the capper - a claim that they're manufacturing on a 10nm process when INTEL (the leader at that node) hasn't brought it into production yet.

I smell - DEFINITE SCAM.

UFOMiners is a scam site that's already been brought up a few times.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
carlfebz2

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:59:32 PM

Please be careful!

FAQ:

didnt even recognised this section Roll Eyes good to know!
what do you think about ufominers.com?

I wont buy any miner from a small company thats not mentioned here with some positive feedback...i stick to bitmain and my gpu rigs i buy at my local shop.
ufominers.com is just like the same on the site that you have given first. They do offer miners with crazy numbers of terahashes which is out of this world.Just keep it on mind that the average or realistic hash rate on latest asic miners is on 13-16 th/s and things goes beyond that are just SCAM. Good decision better to stick on reputable companies like Bitmain and its really a wise thing to do.
snuff28

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:43:17 PM

SCAM!!

check out the team: https://hminers.com/about-us/

MARK SENIOM
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
http://headlines.uk.com/2017/03/21/how-to-hold-a-successful-facebook-live-qa-on-workplace/

DAN BUTTER
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
https://pixabay.com/en/business-tie-chef-company-work-1408161/

BENJAMIN BERGLUNG
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
https://pixabay.com/en/sharing-portrait-glasses-1232059/

And the best one is for the PR guy...

ADAM LARK
PUBLIC RELATION
https://www.bustle.com/articles/117501-8-things-guys-say-in-their-online-dating-profiles-versus-what-they-actually-mean

I could go on, but not worth my time...

Ultegra134

Activity: 1540
Merit: 744

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:06:57 PM

Every "Mining" site offering similar options like this one is obviously a scam, they didn't even put some effort into building the website, looks like it was made in the 90's, pretty slow, plenty grammatical errors and so on. Every site that offers mining services or products by paying them enormous amounts in Bitcoin, not even Credit card or some other more "trusted" payment service, is or ends up in a scam.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:00:10 AM

So many scammers out there trying to profit off the mining boom.

darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:14:03 AM

Two of the FAQ made me laugh from your posts. One which is saying can i deposit money into your office and second can i visit your office. For both of them they have given unexpected answer that is "No" in short.

That is what makes it more fake and we can not trust them if they are not able to disclose their office location. I mean it literally yells that they dont have any physical presence and they are ready to scam us really.

If im providing a mining service then i will have to have a big premises and office to perform the mining operations. From whatever information you have provided here it looks fake to me. Thanks for sharing that makes it easy to understand upcoming scam sites.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:24:07 AM

They are mining scamcoin, most profitable coin right now cause people have more money than sense.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
KRea

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:53:19 AM

"customer only has to plug-ins and mine"
If it wasnt for that one grammatical error I probably wouldve felk for it. Oh yes, I dont have any bitcoins either.

They went too far ... 90 TH/s at only 1200W? Vs an Antminer about 13 TH/s at 1275W.
They should have made it somewhat believable at about 40 TH/s and 1400W.

Pretty impressed with the site though.
sevenmiles

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:15:00 AM

They are mining scamcoin, most profitable coin right now cause people have more money than sense.

Maybe someone should create a real scamcoin, and distribute as rewards for people who could actively dig out stupid scammers Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: