Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:35:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Collection of Bitcoin Related Papers & Documents  (Read 2218 times)
fran2k (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 05:50:43 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2013, 02:04:32 AM by fran2k

I made a collection of technic, economic and other research papers about bitcoins, altcoins and related cryptographic stuff.

I'm sharing the stuff through the BitTorrent Sync software, which you can download from the official site:
http://labs.bittorrent.com/experiments/sync.html
I'm choosing this software because it's great, P2P and we can make collaborative and dynamic folders.

After you install the soft use this 'Secret' to have access to the files: BICXEHLYMY67TWH3YNVZMPRPIUGXCXHDY
This is a read-only link.

If you want to have access to upload/edit the collection request it here, only user members with reputation/trust, or just post here the stuff to be added.

EDIT: Not more updated, new secret soon.

Filelist here: http://pastebin.com/CgWHe4U8

Please post some good comments as proof I'm not sharing trojans or any sh*t, just sharing my research collection.

Any tip will make me happy. Hope you enjoy it!

Torrent Added Here http://www.monova.org/torrent/6933441/Bitcoin_&_Related_Texts.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:32:39 PM

I find your internet abilities laughable and questionable... access key torrents with useless software? Empty textpad broadcasts?

Can you please try again?
fran2k (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 11:12:36 AM

I find your internet abilities laughable and questionable... access key torrents with useless software? Empty textpad broadcasts?

Can you please try again?

Ups, filelist included in the textpad now.

This software works great for me, I prefer it rather than GDrive or Dropbox, any suggestions are welcome.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:24:49 AM

Ups, filelist included in the textpad now.

This software works great for me, I prefer it rather than GDrive or Dropbox, any suggestions are welcome.
Great. Give me the torrent (Drive, Dropbox, openbittorrent.com) and I'll seed it for you. Or give me permission to republish a torrent with the collection (after I install that Sync thing later).
fran2k (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 11:39:11 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 12:41:23 PM by fran2k

Great. Give me the torrent (Drive, Dropbox, openbittorrent.com) and I'll seed it for you. Or give me permission to republish a torrent with the collection (after I install that Sync thing later).

You can re-upload it wherever you like, a torrent or any filelocker is ok.

Torrent added.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:02:51 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 05:08:25 PM by BombaUcigasa

Can't download, maybe no peers online, I added the files from sync, some of the contents (99.9%) should be available on the torrent tracker now.
nomailing

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:33:47 PM

thank you for sharing. and also for letting me know about bittorrent sync.

BM-2D9KqQQ9Fg864YKia8Yz2VTtcUPYFnHVBR
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:21:07 PM

how does solving the Byzantine's General Problem apply to Bitcoin?
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:09:02 PM

Blockchain consensus.
fran2k (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 06:30:34 PM

I just changed the torrent because the older one was stuck at 99.9% since I edited a file.

Blockchain consensus.

This was one of the most interesting things to learn about bitcoin.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:41:26 PM

Blockchain consensus.

excellent.  can you elaborate a bit?

consensus involves building upon the longest chain and measuring the amount of "work" done by that chain.  can you relate that to the generals and their messengers w/o going into the math?
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Blockchain consensus.

excellent.  can you elaborate a bit?

consensus involves building upon the longest chain and measuring the amount of "work" done by that chain.  can you relate that to the generals and their messengers w/o going into the math?
Nobody trusts nobody else in the network.
Everyone wants to take everyone's else bitcoin and block reward.
Yet at the end of the day, everyone trusts the majority of the network that each of them is biased towards collective positive action that yields greater benefits.

Bitcoin can resist adversary attacks of less than 50% strength, it can withstand a minority of the network going offline or rogue, and it helps everyone achieve consensus given the above. Each peer accepts the next valid block in his chain and looks for the following block again. Consensus is reached based on valid work.

Now a quote:

Byzantine fault tolerance can be achieved, if the loyal (non-faulty) generals have a unanimous agreement on their strategy. Note that if the source general is correct, all loyal generals must agree upon that value. Otherwise, the choice of strategy agreed upon is irrelevant.

Now with bitcoin keywords:

Bitcoin blockchain fault tolerance can be achieved, if the loyal (non-faulty) peers have a unanimous agreement on their transactions. Note that if the block structure and hash is correct, all loyal peers must agree upon that block. Otherwise, the choice of blocks agreed upon is irrelevant.

If and when a 51% attack happens, an error in the transaction tree will be inserted, such as a valid double-spend, invalid coin generation, etc. This is hardly possible though, as the bitcoin clients are all loyal, so the 51% attack must rely on faulty clients to propagate the disloyal orders. However meanwhile the loyal generals will side with the loyal decision maker that demonstrated the most value.

An example of this was the 0.8 blockchain fork, where two independent blockchains formed, each one adding blocks that they considered valid. The solution to the disloyal event was not resolved with the general's problem though.

You can not have bitcoin without complete connectivity coverage, the same algorithms on each peer, and an incentive to hash new blocks.

This explanation is completely messed up and might miss the point...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: